Today's loss is a big win | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's loss is a big win

because a meaningless win by 2 points over an equally horrible team with a roster that will purge at least 50% of its players in 3 seasons or less gives us what exactly?

If by "us" you mean players, coaches, and FO, it means optimism for next year, confidence in the system, and confirmation that hard work and discipline will pay off.

If by "us" you mean players, coaches, and FO, it means optimism for next year, confidence in the system, and confirmation that hard work and discipline will pay off.

For bad players that won’t be here when we hypothetically start winning

That's reaching. Quite a few players will be back and those who won't are playing for their next team. And, of course you know, Flo will NOT call any game "meaningless." To be fair, those obsesses with draft position and nothing else, wins are "meaningless." For everyone else, not so much.

While I get your point, winning 4 or 5 games doesn't build a winning culture. This team was never going to make the playoffs this year. I get wanting to beat the jets but comes draft day, would you want the jets drafting ahead of us while we still didn't make the playoffs? It's called taking a step back so that we can take two steps forward. It's not that fans want to lose games. It's that winning 4 games won't be any better than winning 3 if we can draft an elite player that will help you wins 10 to 12 games in a couple of years.

Neither does losing all your games!

that's called leverage. We would be in the driver's seat...

I'd rather be in the "drivers seat" during the season beating the other teams.

Winning the draft is a meaningless term, unless you mean that you substantially improved your team with all your draft picks, not just grabbing yourself with joy because a guy you liked got picked!

While I get your point, winning 4 or 5 games doesn't build a winning culture. This team was never going to make the playoffs this year. I get wanting to beat the jets but comes draft day, would you want the jets drafting ahead of us while we still didn't make the playoffs? It's called taking a step back so that we can take two steps forward. It's not that fans want to lose games. It's that winning 4 games won't be any better than winning 3 if we can draft an elite player that will help you wins 10 to 12 games in a couple of years.

Depends on when the 4 or 5 wins come. After Miami's blowout losses, 'everyone' thought the team was trash. A season of losses like that would destroy any 'culture.' But, Miami started getting closer. Looked more like a 'real' NFL team. Players can see progress. Last 6 games they're playing .500 ball with a last second loss. That's progress. That's what builds a "winning culture."

You build things from the foundation up.

Everyone understands, many of these players won't be in the NFL 2 years from now. There will, however, still be players that return next year, and the year after, and the year after.

It's about continuity of the culture. Holding players accountable, working both hard, and smart.

I know you disagree with the importance of it, but honestly, since I've never seen you post not one positive thing, when there are clearly some to be pointed out, I wouldn't expect you to be on board with building a foundation.

Some of us see it as not only a good, but necessary step.

You build things from the foundation up.

Everyone understands, many of these players won't be in the NFL 2 years from now. There will, however, still be players that return next year, and the year after, and the year after.

It's about continuity of the culture. Holding players accountable, working both hard, and smart.

I know you disagree with the importance of it, but honestly, since I've never seen you post not one positive thing, when there are clearly some to be pointed out, I wouldn't expect you to be on board with building a foundation.

Some of us see it as not only a good, but necessary step.
:cheers:

Title of the thread is on the money. We got all the hoorah without the W.

Jets were gifted a win, we were gifted better draft position. If you think Jets fans are happy about that W you're fooling yourself.

Title of the thread is on the money. We got all the hoorah without the W.

Jets were gifted a win, we were gifted better draft position. If you think Jets fans are happy about that W you're fooling yourself.

You think they would be happier with a Loss?

Who is fooling whom!

Back
Top Bottom