Todd Wade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
I think this guy will float on the FA market and get bypassed because of guys like Tait and Clifton.

If he is still there by April or something re-sign him for a relatively cheap three year deal and get on his *** hard this season. Even though he was not great, he picked it up at the end of the season.

For the middle of the OL re-sign a healthy Nails, take a look at Villarial, and have Whitley, Jerman, and Yates compete for the other G spot with McKinney in the middle.

If he floats around in FA's and comes back to us he would have choice but to sign a cheap contract if he wants to play.

In the draft take a RT/G prospect as those always slide. He will push Wade and provide good depth. You can have a guy like that in the third or fourth.

You know after seeing Ricky struggle this year..and then hearing that Todd Wade would be looking for big money in the offseason, my first thought was see ya Todd..we can replace you. I was going to respond to your post in a similar way...but, before I complained about Wade's declining run blocking I wanted to double check the stats.

Needless to say, I was surprised by what I found...

Ricky to the left....129 carries 380 yds (2.9 avg)
Ricky to the right..133 carries 541 yds (4.1 avg)

In 2002..

left 351 yds 1 TD (3.6 avg)
right 491 yds 6 TD's (4.9 avg)

WOW..I could be all wrong about Wade.

Just be more certain, I wanted to check when Minor runs...it's staggering.

Travis to the left....12 carries 20 yds (1.7 avg)
Travis to the right..19 carries 126 yds (6.6 avg)

Could the numbers be that misleading? I'm kind of stunned. Looking at it now, Miami should do whatever it takes to kepp Todd Wade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn your right Glad. With Nails improving and moving to the right it could be a very powerful right side of the OL.

A guy like Brian Rimpf in the fourth could possibly steal a G spot for us.

The little yardage Ricky got came from the right side. Maybe he does deserve a decent paycheck, not a great one but with Tait and Clifton on the market it helps lower his price tag.

This last year Smith was just a rookie and Nails was playing hurt so there was nothing to the left. But I think Wade's a good player. He just never has played as good as his rookie year.

Ozzy rules!!

Ya your right about that, but I also think not having Donalley next to him hurt him. I think Nails would be better set at RG, healthy again. That could create a fearsome run blocking side for the line.

It could be an awesom right side, not to mention hugh, with Nails and Wade there. I think Seth would help too. Now lets not forget that the TE is there too most of the time so he gets some credit too.Still, it was so great when we had Kuechenburg,Stevenson and Newman in the middle of the line in the 80's!!

Ozzy rules!!

His play would be better with a true mauling guard rather than a technician like Perry.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Give Perry some props too.. He's on the right side as well..

I doubt that Perry gets released. He's a good player and he can come to B-LO if released

Back
Top Bottom