Todd Wade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade

Look at his most succesful offenses though. All big big guards.

Well Meester switch to center and turned out for the better.He is better off playing center and that what I would like to see him play.

Honestly,

I'm not that impress with Seth but he has another training camp to prove me wrong.

Funny thing is it seems he is a better G than C.

Originally posted by Jaj
Funny thing is it seems he is a better G than C.

Why was he being praise by Jack Del Rio for his level of play this year?

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
"If we didn't spend the money on Seau, Thompson, and a few other worthless pickups, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

looking back at the season i have to agree that the signings of Seau, Thompson (in particular) and Knight didnt amount to much. i am trying to think of one defining play in a game any of them had this year that turned the tide of a game, sealed a win, or turned momentum. im sure there were some (my me ory isnt the best, granted), but with that said, their combined salaries wouldve been better spent money on an offensive lineman.

what in the world did seau do wrong ???, he was a great pickup and sammy knight i thought played ok for his first year under a new system, thompson was a bust though i give you this one.

Where is a Link to these Stats

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
You know after seeing Ricky struggle this year..and then hearing that Todd Wade would be looking for big money in the offseason, my first thought was see ya Todd..we can replace you. I was going to respond to your post in a similar way...but, before I complained about Wade's declining run blocking I wanted to double check the stats.

Needless to say, I was surprised by what I found...

Could the numbers be that misleading? I'm kind of stunned. Looking at it now, Miami should do whatever it takes to kepp Todd Wade.

Just curious Gladsadmad, wanted to look at them! Can you supply a link?

Also, doesn't everyone realize that we place our TEs on the rightside of the formation most of the time?

[EDITED]
Remember the phantom penalty in the Houston game on RW long run that was called back at the end of the game? Give kudos to McMike on that right side for his blocking as well...

Also GSM what happened with the other 450 yds (2003) that are not shown on this years RW stats and the other 1000 yds (2002) from last year also? Where they up the middle?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Seau subject, maybe a new thread on the defense can be opened; but here are some stats....

Miami's overall defense (in yards) had been in the top 6 since 1998 (under George Hill in 98 & 99) and last year they were 10th. They are definetaly giving up more yards now. In points against, in 2003 they were 3rd and the year before (2002) they were 4th. It is safe to assume that all the extra money we payed for Seau versus having an OL instead was a mistake. He is not in his prime anymore and even though he is still a good player, we could've of continued to get away with Rogers or some other LB. Thoughts?

Re: Where is a Link to these Stats

Originally posted by Disnardo

Just curious Gladsadmad, wanted to look at them! Can you supply a link?

Also, doesn't everyone realize that we place our TEs on the rightside of the formation most of the time?

[EDITED]
Remember the phantom penalty in the Houston game on RW long run that was called back at the end of the game? Give kudos to McMike on that right side for his blocking as well...

Also GSM what happened with the other 450 yds (2003) that are not shown on this years RW stats and the other 1000 yds (2002) from last year also? Where they up the middle?

The missing yards from 2003 were up the middle. The missing yards from 2002 were up the middle and down both sidelines. The sideline info wasn't listed for 2002 for some reason. The links..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?statsId=4653

and..

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=4653&Submit=Go

And you're right about about McMichael. I guess the entire right side desrves credit for a good job in the running game.

Originally posted by minus

Why was he being praise by Jack Del Rio for his level of play this year?

I think he meant Seth McKinney was a better guard than center.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
You know after seeing Ricky struggle this year..and then hearing that Todd Wade would be looking for big money in the offseason, my first thought was see ya Todd..we can replace you. I was going to respond to your post in a similar way...but, before I complained about Wade's declining run blocking I wanted to double check the stats.

Needless to say, I was surprised by what I found...

Ricky to the left....129 carries 380 yds (2.9 avg)
Ricky to the right..133 carries 541 yds (4.1 avg)

In 2002..

left 351 yds 1 TD (3.6 avg)
right 491 yds 6 TD's (4.9 avg)

WOW..I could be all wrong about Wade.

Just be more certain, I wanted to check when Minor runs...it's staggering.

Travis to the left....12 carries 20 yds (1.7 avg)
Travis to the right..19 carries 126 yds (6.6 avg)

Could the numbers be that misleading? I'm kind of stunned. Looking at it now, Miami should do whatever it takes to kepp Todd Wade.

Granted, right is right and left is left, but i wonder how many were actually counters and cutbacks, etc. You know, the plays where the blocking all is designed to give a run left look and when they start flowing then it's cut back to the right. Then again, it works the same for both sides tho. Even so, by your figures, he had the most right up the middle?? ;)

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
"If we didn't spend the money on Seau, Thompson, and a few other worthless pickups, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

looking back at the season i have to agree that the signings of Seau, Thompson (in particular) and Knight didnt amount to much. i am trying to think of one defining play in a game any of them had this year that turned the tide of a game, sealed a win, or turned momentum. im sure there were some (my me ory isnt the best, granted), but with that said, their combined salaries wouldve been better spent money on an offensive lineman.

if we spent the money on gandy/Turley when we needed to, we probably wouldn't have signed seau/Thompson to begin with !! ;)

Re: Where is a Link to these Stats

Originally posted by Disnardo

[EDITED]

McM was on the other side. That's what alot of the fuss was about cuz it happened on the side away from the play.

Originally posted by Jaj
I think this guy will float on the FA market and get bypassed because of guys like Tait and Clifton.

If he is still there by April or something re-sign him for a relatively cheap three year deal and get on his *** hard this season. Even though he was not great, he picked it up at the end of the season.

For the middle of the OL re-sign a healthy Nails, take a look at Villarial, and have Whitley, Jerman, and Yates compete for the other G spot with McKinney in the middle.

If Wade took the NFL Minimum and no signing bonus I would NOT Sign him.

Ruddy, Perry and Wade all suck. Give someone else a chance. I think we can do better and we CERTAINLY CANNOT do worse!

Agree with Nails and a free agent OG - then let the others compete as backups and put McKinney at C.

Back
Top Bottom