Todd Wade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade

Originally posted by Jaj
His play would be better with a true mauling guard rather than a technician like Perry.

A healthy Jamie Nails belongs at RG.

Is anybody else as surprised as I was by the huge difference in stats when Ricky runs to the right?

Not really. I've been hearing for a while now that Wade is looking for big dollars. The thing about Todd Wade is that you don't hear his name mentioned at all during a game. That's because he's playing virtually penalty free and doing a great job covering his man. They always say when an O lineman is doing his job you never hear his name mentioned. IMO the weakness in our o line is the interior. Ruddy is strong but on the smallish side and getting up there in age. If Nails comes back to 2002 form I'd like to keep him but there's no guarantee of that. A 300 lb guy with bad wheels? Perry a technician? When Perry came over here all they said was that he had a nasty streak the dolphins needed. Now he's a technician? Get rid of him.

Wade problem is not run blocking but his pass protection.Wade might be best run blocker but overall he is average and not worth money he is seeking.I doubt anyone will be willing to offer the kind contract he wants.

Originally posted by minus
Wade problem is not run blocking but his pass protection.Wade might be best run blocker but overall he is average and not worth money he is seeking.I doubt anyone will be willing to offer the kind contract he wants.

Not sure you know what you're talking about. He gave up 5.5 sacks last year....a career high. I'd say that's pretty freakin' good. Look up the run stats when Miami runs to his side (page 1 of this thread glad_sad_mad posted it), we were ALL wrong about him. Not only that, he's only 27.

The real problem is the rookie wade smith i think some people might get them confused He is the worst player in the entire NFL point ****ing blank

Originally posted by Brad528
The real problem is the rookie wade smith i think some people might get them confused He is the worst player in the entire NFL point ****ing blank

It's very easy getting thrown to the wolves and playing against Dwight Freeney and others when you are a rookie that used to play tight end. We didn't have much choice but to play Wade Smith. If we didn't spend the money on Seau, Thompson, and a few other worthless pickups, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

"If we didn't spend the money on Seau, Thompson, and a few other worthless pickups, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

looking back at the season i have to agree that the signings of Seau, Thompson (in particular) and Knight didnt amount to much. i am trying to think of one defining play in a game any of them had this year that turned the tide of a game, sealed a win, or turned momentum. im sure there were some (my me ory isnt the best, granted), but with that said, their combined salaries wouldve been better spent money on an offensive lineman.

Originally posted by chambers84

It's very easy getting thrown to the wolves and playing against Dwight Freeney and others when you are a rookie that used to play tight end. We didn't have much choice but to play Wade Smith. If we didn't spend the money on Seau, Thompson, and a few other worthless pickups, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I agree..Freeney makes alot of LT's look foolish. He's only 22 for god sakes! Give him an offseason to bulk up and then we can judge him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan

looking back at the season i have to agree that the signings of Seau, Thompson (in particular) and Knight didnt amount to much. i am trying to think of one defining play in a game any of them had this year that turned the tide of a game, sealed a win, or turned momentum. im sure there were some (my me ory isnt the best, granted), but with that said, their combined salaries wouldve been better spent money on an offensive lineman. [/B]

There was one that I can remember. Knight saved the Ravens game with an INT in the last few minutes while they were driving to kick the winning FG...but otherwise you're right. Miami should've tried to get Gandy.

Seau was not a worthless pickup he did well for the Fins this year. And i dont care who you are blocking against if you dont even ****ing stand up to block and your man is in the backfield you suck. I could have got of least tried on some of the plays he didnt even seem to.
I saw on several occasions the quarterback already getting grabed by his man and he was still in his stance on the line that my friend is bad

Originally posted by Gladsadmad

I agree..Freeney makes alot of LT's look foolish. He's only 22 for god sakes! Give him an offseason to bulk up and then we can judge him.

He never really got overpowered it was the 1st step that got him a common ROOKIE mistake!!....This guy should be moved to the interior IMO!!...And then BULK him up!!

Originally posted by Mondo_Man

Not sure you know what you're talking about. He gave up 5.5 sacks last year....a career high. I'd say that's pretty freakin' good. Look up the run stats when Miami runs to his side (page 1 of this thread glad_sad_mad posted it), we were ALL wrong about him. Not only that, he's only 27.

Just on the amount QB hurries due to his average to below average pass blocking.He is probably the worst pass blocking lineman but balance out with his run blocking.Sorry the guy is not worth the money he is seeking unless he comes down to eath and settle for something reasonable.

What? Do you realize most of the pressure on the QBs this year came from the center?

Back
Top Bottom