Tom Brady Question??????? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady Question???????

Unlike the rest of you 'morally correct' gentlemen. I could care less if he recovers -- not because i'm worried about playing him but because the cheating ******* doesn't deserve to play in the league any more than belicheat deserves to coach in it. In other words F Brady, and anyone bemoaning the poor little b*tches injury.

Man, you couldnt have put it any better..AMEN!

So I guess you think Cassel would have put up similar numbers with the pats 2001 squad as he would with this years? I think he's good, but he's no Brady.

He's putting up decent numbers while Brady put up historic numbers with the same group. He's leading the team to a winning season, while Brady led them to an undefeated season (against a much tougher schedule).

If he had been the qb in 2001, I'd be surprised if the Pats had a winning record, never mind make the playoffs or win the sb. The OL was a bunch of jags, as was the rbs, wrs, & te's.

Think Cassel could have gotten the team to the affcg with Reche "bugeyes" Caldwell as the #1 wr & Gaffney as the #2? You've got a screw loose if you do.

Well you're a Patriots fan so YOU obviously have a screw loose.:lol::up:

So I guess you think Cassel would have put up similar numbers with the pats 2001 squad as he would with this years? I think he's good, but he's no Brady.

He's putting up decent numbers while Brady put up historic numbers with the same group. He's leading the team to a winning season, while Brady led them to an undefeated season (against a much tougher schedule).

If he had been the qb in 2001, I'd be surprised if the Pats had a winning record, never mind make the playoffs or win the sb. The OL was a bunch of jags, as was the rbs, wrs, & te's.

Think Cassel could have gotten the team to the affcg with Reche "bugeyes" Caldwell as the #1 wr & Gaffney as the #2? You've got a screw loose if you do.

Actually, Brady had a better defense and a healthy, good, RB. Cassel has neither.

Also, I do belive Cassel could have put up Brady's numbers with that 2001 team.

And this is Cassels first season playing since high school. He already has twice as many 400yrd games than Brady in 9 seasons. :wink:

Now, I don't think Cassel is as good or better than Brady. Brady has more experience and composure than Cassel. Athletic wise, yes, Cassel is as good.

And to the person who wrote that if some still believe that the world is flat then some can still think Brady is not great. And he's never heard any expert not call Brady great..well, yes they have. 8 out of 9 of Brady's seasons. That's how many times he was not voted as the best QB in the league by those experts. :boohoo:

Actually, Brady had a better defense and a healthy, good, RB. Cassel has neither.

And this is Cassels first season playing since high school. He already has twice as many 400yrd games than Brady in 9 seasons. :wink:

Now, I don't think Cassel is as good or better than Brady. Brady has more experience and composure than Cassel. Athletic wise, yes, Cassel is as good.

And to the person who wrote that if some still believe that the world is flat then some can still think Brady is not great. And he's never heard any expert not call Brady great..well, yes they have. 8 out of 9 of Brady's seasons. That's how many times he was not voted as the best QB in the league by those experts. :boohoo:

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion. I have no problem with that, but to insist he isn't great because he's only been all pro every year is flawed to say the least.

Those same experts, when asked which qb they'd choose to start a franchise, pick Brady the majority of the time. He's proven, time and again, that he can get more out of his pesonnel than any qb in recent times.

I'd love to see Manning, Montana, Elway, etc, do what Brady has done with the likes of Brown, Patten, Wiggins, Branch, Givens, Cladwell, Gaffney, etc. I don't think they'd make the playoffs, never mind championships & super bowls.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion. I have no problem with that, but to insist he isn't great because he's only been all pro every year is flawed to say the least.

Those same experts, when asked which qb they'd choose to start a franchise, pick Brady the majority of the time. He's proven, time and again, that he can get more out of his pesonnel than any qb in recent times.

I'd love to see Manning, Montana, Elway, etc, do what Brady has done with the likes of Brown, Patten, Wiggins, Branch, Givens, Cladwell, Gaffney, etc. I don't think they'd make the playoffs, never mind championships & super bowls.

You do realize that lesser QB's ie Dilfer, have won Super Bowls with worse offenses than Brady, right? The 2000 Ravens won it with a 14th ranked offense but a number 1 defense. The Patriots in 2003 when they beat Carolina in the SB had a 12th ranked offense but a number 1 defense. The Giants last year won with a 17th ranked offense and I think a 10th ranked defense. Brady has never won more than 10 games with a defense ranked 15th or lower. This years Pat's defense is ranked 15th and they will probably win 10 games, at least. With Cassel at QB mind you... :D

Point being, Brady is a product of his defense.

I disagree -
Running game 2001 -1793 total yds (3.8 yds Per carry)/ 2008 1927yds with 2 games to go (4.5 yds per carry)
Defence 2001 - 20th ranked defence / 2008 16th ranked in 2 games to go

You mean with troy brown(1199 yds) david patten(749 yds) ,terry glen(204 yds) ,Faulk(189 yds) comparing to wes (1071 yds),Moss(908 yds),Faulk (471 yds) and Gaffney(351 yds) - 2 more games to go.

Jamarcus rusell is a better athletic then both andyou left him out

who are these experts ? have to met one who has made draft picks,games and sb winner every year correct.? i have not,.

cool beans

You do realize that lesser QB's ie Dilfer, have won Super Bowls with worse offenses than Brady, right? The 2000 Ravens won it with a 14th ranked offense but a number 1 defense. The Patriots in 2003 when they beat Carolina in the SB had a 12th ranked offense but a number 1 defense. The Giants last year won with a 17th ranked offense and I think a 10th ranked defense. Brady has never won more than 10 games with a defense ranked 15th or lower. This years Pat's defense is ranked 15th and they will probably win 10 games, at least. With Cassel at QB mind you... :D

Brady has won under ten games once in his career. You're reaching for things. Did Dilfer have prolonged success? The Patriots have had a good defense. Ya know Miami had a pretty good defense and a far superior running back to Antowain Smith, Faulk, Dillon, Maroney and they weren't even making the playoffs. You'll probably say it's because of Belicheck. Well how good was Belicheck before Brady? What was the major difference when the Giants got hot last year? Even the Bucs when they won the SB Brad Johnson was a good Qb. You can drink your kool-aid. Yet even on a Dolphins message board I think most fans have common sense to acknowledge Brady as being one of the best Qb's. The only Qb who an arguement can be made to take over a healthy Brady is Peyton Manning. The same Manning whose had a far superior running attack and wr's before last year. Manning also has had to score more points than Brady so his stats are inflated. Both are great but Brady being a product of the defense is the funniest thing posted since Zach Thomas should be moved to safety.

Did you happen to see the four SB's? The defense collapsed in each, and Brady had to bring the team back to take the lead in the 4th qtr, winning 3 of them. They certainly helped get him and the team to the post-season, in some cases were the main reason, 2001 & 2005 in particular, but they've failed to perform up to standard in the super bowls.

Three were against top-ranked defenses btw. Rams were #1, and the iggles and panthers were at least top 5.

Amazing how many times in his career he had 4th qtr comebacks. (I believe he still holds the record). Wonder how that happened so many times with the best defense in the league? He's also undefeated in overtime games (8?), a majority without the defense having to take the field.

Did you happen to see the four SB's? The defense collapsed in each, and Brady had to bring the team back to take the lead in the 4th qtr, winning 3 of them. They certainly helped get him and the team to the post-season, in some cases were the main reason, 2001 & 2005 in particular, but they've failed to perform up to standard in the super bowls.

Three were against top-ranked defenses btw. Rams were #1, and the iggles and panthers were at least top 5.

Amazing how many times in his career he had 4th qtr comebacks. (I believe he still holds the record). Wonder how that happened so many times with the best defense in the league? He's also undefeated in overtime games (8?), a majority without the defense having to take the field.

You guys should be praising Adam more then Tom if you ask me. If he misses..you lose some of those rings. I personally think Brady is a very good QB, just not great. I believe he fell into a good situation with a great defense and coach and has made the best of it.

cool beans

The Patriots defense was ranked 6th in 2001. This year they are ranked 16th.

As for the rushing yards. Cassel has nearly half as many yards rushing (240yrds) as the Patriots top rusher this year (Morris 550yrds and Morris is out for the year) . Cassel doesn't have one player over 550 yrds rushing this year. Brady's 2001 team got 1157yrds out of Smith alone.

Cassel-3270yrds with 2 more games to go.
Brady 2001- 2843 yrds.

Russel sucks.

Brady has won under ten games once in his career. You're reaching for things. Did Dilfer have prolonged success? The Patriots have had a good defense. Ya know Miami had a pretty good defense and a far superior running back to Antowain Smith, Faulk, Dillon, Maroney and they weren't even making the playoffs. You'll probably say it's because of Belicheck. Well how good was Belicheck before Brady? What was the major difference when the Giants got hot last year? Even the Bucs when they won the SB Brad Johnson was a good Qb. You can drink your kool-aid. Yet even on a Dolphins message board I think most fans have common sense to acknowledge Brady as being one of the best Qb's. The only Qb who an arguement can be made to take over a healthy Brady is Peyton Manning. The same Manning whose had a far superior running attack and wr's before last year. Manning also has had to score more points than Brady so his stats are inflated. Both are great but Brady being a product of the defense is the funniest thing posted since Zach Thomas should be moved to safety.

Brady has won 10 or less games twice in his career. Both times he had a defense ranked 15th or worse.

Miami's defense was nowhere near as good as the Patriots.

What has Belicheck done before the Pats?!??!! Are you serious? Well, for starters he coached some defenses that not even Joe Montana could beat. Did you know that not even the great Montana EVER, not once, beat a Belichick coached defense? Look into BB's career before you debate with me about it.

When the Giants got hot? Defense.

Brad Johnson, like Brady and Dilfer, benifitted from a great defense. Period.

Manning HAD to score more points because his defense usually sucked. He was able to win more than 10 games in a season on 7 different occasions with a 15th or less ranked defense. Actually, he won a Super Bowl with a 23rd ranked defense. :foundout:

Brady has never won more than 10 games with a defense ranked 15th or worse.

You're wrong about everything you just wrote. Do you think I don't watch football?

The Patriots defense in the 2001 Super Bowl held the Rams to 17 points. The "Greatest Show on Turf" held to 17 points. A Rams offense that averaged 32 points a game. Yeah, the Patriots defense REALLY folded. :rolleyes2:

And to say that the Patriots defense hasn't played up to standards in the Super Bowl makes me think you are either retarded or not a Patriots fan.

The Rams defense was ranked 8th in the league in 2001. Not 1st. :rolleyes2:
The Carolina defense was ranked 10th. Not top 5. :rolleyes2:
The Eagles were ranked 2nd. Good job on that one. :up: (They put up 24 pts on the Eagles. The Eagles defense, on average, gave up 17 points per game. So, the Patriots put up one more TD than the Eagles usually give up.

Brady is not even close to owning the 4th QB comeback record. Elway has 47 and he has the record. Brady has around 13. There are at LEAST 15 other QB's with more comebacks than Brady. I stopped searching after that. :rolleyes2:

And Brady is 7-0 in OT. In 3 of those games, the other team got the ball first so his defense did in FACT have to "take the field". :rolleyes2:

You guys should be praising Adam more then Tom if you ask me. If he misses..you lose some of those rings. I personally think Brady is a very good QB, just not great. I believe he fell into a good situation with a great defense and coach and has made the best of it.

Very well said!! The Patriots have 3 Super Bowl wins by a combined 9 points.

Let's see, 9/3 = 3!! A field goal is 3 points. Adam kicks field goals. The Patriots won the Super Bowl by 3 points all 3 times.

I think we may be on to something here!! ;)

I have to add one more thing. Brady is no where near the greatest of all time. He has played on some of the greatest teams ever and he has been the QB for one of the greatest dynasties ever, but so was Bradshaw.

Brady, seriously, is a little above average.

His play in the reg. season has been well above av. But over his last three playoff runs, it has been very av. (pressure time) Following the '05 season, at Denver, the Pats lost 27-13 and he threw 3 picks. Following the '06 season, blew 21-3 1st half lead in the AFC champ game at Indy, and threw 2 2nd half picks. In the AFC champ game last season vs. SD, he played TERRIBLE with 3 picks. And we all saw SB42. In fact, in those four pressure packed games, he is 1-3, 5 TD passes and 6 picks. His QB rating is approx. 74.4 in those games. That's what they consider "clutch" up here in New England. Bunch of freakn' jock sniffers up here!

Yeah, it's easy when you know what blitzes are coming ahead of time!

Back
Top Bottom