Tom Brady Question??????? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady Question???????

The Patriots winning has nothing to do with Brady and has everything to do with everything else? Nevermind what Belicheck did at Cleveland remember what he did as a DC with the Tuna, that's all that matters. Under that same premise forget what Wanny did as a head coach in Chicago and Miami and remember what he did as a DC? Fans don't have to accept Brady as one of the greats. They can be bitter. I'm bitter that the Dolphins finally got a Qb that doesn't make me cringe and it's been what 10 seasons?

Brady is a product of the Patriots system and the defense and a kicker who I think missed 2 field goals vs the Panthers in the SB. He did not lead the drives to get them in range for the field goals.

Tom Brady is a product of a system which luckily for him everybody realizes. That's why he'll be a 1st ballot HOF Qb. Considered one of the best ever by "experts."

What is funny is as a fan after watching cassell play with the same offence as last year it is painfull in the redzone.when brady gets into the red zone it is money but matt it is tough to watch .Again , matt took a offence that put up 550 pts setting NFL record over with upgraded RB and made it look avg.

You're wrong about everything you just wrote. Do you think I don't watch football?

The Patriots defense in the 2001 Super Bowl held the Rams to 17 points. The "Greatest Show on Turf" held to 17 points. A Rams offense that averaged 32 points a game. Yeah, the Patriots defense REALLY folded. :rolleyes2:

And to say that the Patriots defense hasn't played up to standards in the Super Bowl makes me think you are either retarded or not a Patriots fan.

The Rams defense was ranked 8th in the league in 2001. Not 1st. :rolleyes2:
The Carolina defense was ranked 10th. Not top 5. :rolleyes2:
The Eagles were ranked 2nd. Good job on that one. :up: (They put up 24 pts on the Eagles. The Eagles defense, on average, gave up 17 points per game. So, the Patriots put up one more TD than the Eagles usually give up.

Brady is not even close to owning the 4th QB comeback record. Elway has 47 and he has the record. Brady has around 13. There are at LEAST 15 other QB's with more comebacks than Brady. I stopped searching after that. :rolleyes2:

And Brady is 7-0 in OT. In 3 of those games, the other team got the ball first so his defense did in FACT have to "take the field". :rolleyes2:

I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that you're just a brady-hater. I'm sure you're spiel last year was BB sucks - it's all brady".

Did the pats defense have the lead in every sb yet allowed the other team to either tie or go ahead, in some cases multiple times? Yes. In each sb the defense collapsed in the 4th qtr. What games were you watching?

I didn't say they were not tremendous in the sb at times (2001 & 2003 especially), but, again, they caved in the 4th qtr, when that 'avg qb' Brady brought them back to win 3 of 4, and should have won the 4th.

You picks stats nicely. Is your defensive ranking by point allowed or not? Seems like you go from yds allowed to pionts allowed when it fits your needs.

In your 'expert' opinion, would Manning have won a sb in 2001 with Brady's weapons, with the Pats defense? Just imagine if his #1 was Troy Brown instead of Reggie Wayne, his rb Smith instead of James / Addai. If he had that roster to work with, I'd expect him to look more like he did in 1998 than 2006.

He's had skill players around him his entire career and couldn't get it done until they had a good/great defense. Look at his W-L record is with Bob Sanders out. From your perspective, this means manning must be avg, right?

Haters used to put manning above brady because of the stats. Then, once brady had the same type of skill players on offense, he puts up manning-type #'s and you throw that out the window?

I didn't clarify that Brady has more comebacks for ACTIVE qb's, not historical. My bad.

The Patriots winning has nothing to do with Brady and has everything to do with everything else? Nevermind what Belicheck did at Cleveland remember what he did as a DC with the Tuna, that's all that matters. Under that same premise forget what Wanny did as a head coach in Chicago and Miami and remember what he did as a DC? Fans don't have to accept Brady as one of the greats. They can be bitter. I'm bitter that the Dolphins finally got a Qb that doesn't make me cringe and it's been what 10 seasons?

Brady is a product of the Patriots system and the defense and a kicker who I think missed 2 field goals vs the Panthers in the SB. He did not lead the drives to get them in range for the field goals.

Tom Brady is a product of a system which luckily for him everybody realizes. That's why he'll be a 1st ballot HOF Qb. Considered one of the best ever by "experts."

Of course it has something to do with Brady. When did I ever state that Brady was not a part of their team? Brady is an average QB, with an above average, actually great, defense and coach.

What is funny is as a fan after watching cassell play with the same offence as last year it is painfull in the redzone.when brady gets into the red zone it is money but matt it is tough to watch .Again , matt took a offence that put up 550 pts setting NFL record over with upgraded RB and made it look avg.

LMAO!! You do realize that Cassel, in his first year playing since HIGH SCHOOL is the QB of the 7th best offense in the NFL, right? 16th would be "average"...7th is 9 places above "average". 7th in points and 6th in total yards. They don't score as much as last year well, because this is Cassel's first year playing since HIGH SCHOOL and they have no RB. How can you write that they have an upgraded RB this year?!?! Last year they had a RB who gained 900yrds. This year no one has gained more than 550yrds. Also, Brady's defense gave up a total of 268 points last year. This year the pats have given up 305 points with still two more games to play. :rolleyes2:

I also find it hilarious how Brady, even with his "record setting" offense didn't win the Super Bowl. :lol:

I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that you're just a brady-hater. I'm sure you're spiel last year was BB sucks - it's all brady".

Did the pats defense have the lead in every sb yet allowed the other team to either tie or go ahead, in some cases multiple times? Yes. In each sb the defense collapsed in the 4th qtr. What games were you watching?

I didn't say they were not tremendous in the sb at times (2001 & 2003 especially), but, again, they caved in the 4th qtr, when that 'avg qb' Brady brought them back to win 3 of 4, and should have won the 4th.

You picks stats nicely. Is your defensive ranking by point allowed or not? Seems like you go from yds allowed to pionts allowed when it fits your needs.

In your 'expert' opinion, would Manning have won a sb in 2001 with Brady's weapons, with the Pats defense? Just imagine if his #1 was Troy Brown instead of Reggie Wayne, his rb Smith instead of James / Addai. If he had that roster to work with, I'd expect him to look more like he did in 1998 than 2006.

He's had skill players around him his entire career and couldn't get it done until they had a good/great defense. Look at his W-L record is with Bob Sanders out. From your perspective, this means manning must be avg, right?

Haters used to put manning above brady because of the stats. Then, once brady had the same type of skill players on offense, he puts up manning-type #'s and you throw that out the window?

I didn't clarify that Brady has more comebacks for ACTIVE qb's, not historical. My bad.

I guess I'll just have to accept that fact that you're a Brady d*ck-sucker. :rolleyes2:

Actually, no, it's more than that. You're an ignorant liar who knows nothing about his own team.

Again, the defense didn't cave. I proved that in my other post to you.

MY stats?!?!! MY STATS!?!?! I proved you wrong on all but one of your stats and you question mine!?!?! LOLOLOLLOL!! I used points scored against in each stat when referring to the defense. Always have and always will. What did you use? You're azz? :lol:

Manning would have just as many Super Bowl rings as Brady if Manning were a Patriot. So would Rivers, Big Ben, Favre, Hasselbeck, Warner, McNabb, Marino, Elway, Montana, Dilfer, Johnson, Williams, Rypien, Hostetler, Brees, Palmer and Grossman..yes, I wrote Grossman. Why you ask? Well, all of these QB's have either won or gotten to a SB with or without a defense just as good as Brady's. Except Brees....and I think Brees is waaaaaay better than Brady. Actually, except for Hasselbeck, Dilfer, Williams, Rypien, Hostetler and Grossman...I think every QB I just listed is better than Brady.

Actually, Manning won his Super Bowl with a 23rd ranked defense. There you go again. Using your azz to pull things out of again. :rolleyes:

And the Coup de grace for you and your post?

I love how you end it with your correction about OT wins yet ignore all your other stats I proved you were wrong about.

You lose. :sidelol:

Culpeppers knee was WAY WORSE then Toms is and he came back

Culpepper came back?!? Have you watched him play? Doesn't he have like 8 wins since his "comeback" over a 3 yr period? That and a 72QBR, 17TD's, 26INT's and ~50% comp rating.

Besides, like Brady, Moss made Culpepper an All-Pro. Without Moss Culpepper sucks.

What a "comeback".

I'd compare it more to Palmer's injury. If Brady came back and played like Culpepper is now i'd advise him to retire.

What if he comes back and plays like Carson has since his "comeback"?

Pats fans better be concerned. QB's who have injuries like Brady sustained have a hard time coming back in one season or in Carson's or Culpepper's case, ever. And Brady is older than both of these guys.

What if he comes back and plays like Carson has since his "comeback"?

Pats fans better be concerned. QB's who have injuries like Brady sustained have a hard time coming back in one season or in Carson's or Culpepper's case, ever. And Brady is older than both of these guys.

You mean tears up his elbow? Or playing in every game the following two seasons?

I mean going from a 101 QBR to his current 69QBR. :rolleyes:

Oh so this year on a team with turmoil and as little talent as anybody outside of the Lions. His rating has dropped but I think it has alot to do with the Bengals organization as a whole rather than him. If he has Tommy John surgery which is rumored that changes things.

Oh so this year on a team with turmoil and as little talent as anybody outside of the Lions. His rating has dropped but I think it has alot to do with the Bengals organization as a whole rather than him. If he has Tommy John surgery which is rumored that changes things.

His production has dropped off each year after his knee surgery.

TD's: 2005 (year he was hurt) 32
2006 28
2007 25

INT's: 2005 12
2006 13
2007 20

And in the 4 games he played in this year: 3TD's 4INT's.

Back
Top Bottom