Tony Jefferson, Eric Weddle pushing Jarvis Landry to sign with Ravens | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Jefferson, Eric Weddle pushing Jarvis Landry to sign with Ravens

Good for Landry if a team like the Ravens is willing to give him 15 mill or whatever his contract demands are......just glad it's not us. The Dolphins have way too many holes on this roster to spend that kind of money on one player, even a player that is as dynamic as Landry is. I have heard many screaming about bad contracts and players being overpaid by this Dolphins organization for years, we finally get a coach who draws a line in the sand and the blow back from his stance is incredible by some. We attack the FO, the coach, and even the owner over this one player who the Dolphins (in their judgement) deem too expensive to resign. Gase doesn't know talent, Tannebaum should be fired, Ross should sell the team but we absolutely have to keep Landry at any cost because he is "The heart and soul" of this team........what crap. How many players would we have to cut, restructure or ask to take a paycut to fit Landry and his inflated contract under our cap....and we haven't even picked up any FAs or drafted any players yet. Landry seems to be so confident that he is going to be one of the top highest paid receivers in the league........we'll see.

I don't see the Ravens as a contender considering the cap space. I do see the Bears in the market with almost $40M in cap space and a young QB who needs a quick read option. Also the 49ers. I think their GM, John Lynch would love the toughness. They have over $80M in cap space.

Would probably bring that team more excitement than Wins. He’d get along fine in that division though.

Ultimately it will be sad to see him go (if indeed he does) but the sentiment that we can’t repkace him is nuts. We’re one of the worst offenses in football and we can’t replace his 100 receptions for sub 1000 yards? Doubt it. This is a player who I wanted to resign badly at whatever cost, but after giving it thought I have walked that back.

If we sign I hope it’s financially reasonable even though that option seems long gone. He offers a safety net to Tannehill which is a bad thing jsut as much as it is good.

Meh ... With each passing moment I get over Juice a little bit more.

We're not gonna give him $15 mil, and somebody else will.

This is his time to get paid. I don't blame him, it just ain't gonna be us.

If I was Landry I wouldn't touch the Ravens with a 10 foot pole. I'd pack up and head for San Fran, Indy or the Rams.

If I was Landry I wouldn't touch the Ravens with a 10 foot pole. I'd pack up and head for San Fran, Indy or the Rams.

Landry could put the Rams over the top. That team has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball already.

Wentz was getting all the hype while Goff slid by under the radar (just a bit) for most of the season but he really impressed me. Aside from his physical skills, he's a true commander of his team and his offense. He generates a lot of force in his throws with what appears to be very little effort. They are a fun team to watch..

Landry could put the Rams over the top. That team has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball already.

Wentz was getting all the hype while Goff slid by under the radar (just a bit) for most of the season but he really impressed me. Aside from his physical skills, he's a true commander of his team and his offense. He generates a lot of force in his throws with what appears to be very little effort. They are a fun team to watch..

I'd like to emulate the Rams to be honest. I think that team goes deep into the play offs this year. Which leads me to Sammy Watkins, if you lose Landry I think Watkins could help Miami and won't command nearly the price that Landry will get.

I would be surprised if the Rams had any interest in Landry. They already have Kupp at a tiny fraction of the cost it would take to sign Landry. I also disagree a little about what you said about Goff. He does a good job of commanding the offense like you said, but the one thing that I don't love about him is his physical ability to throw the ball. He becomes inaccurate throwing the ball when he has to move and unlike you, I do not believe he throws the ball with much "force". His physical attributes do not wow me in any way.

Back
Top Bottom