Tony Romo sends warning to the rest of nfl (that includes us) about the Pats | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Romo sends warning to the rest of nfl (that includes us) about the Pats

He does need to prove in real games…but if you consider his play last year, and look at how he’s looking this year, he is absolutely NOT the same athlete and QB, there’s plenty reasons to expect a jump. He’s 1-0 against the Pats…Mac’s 0-0 in the NFL and was not a highly touted prospect coming out of Bama. You didn’t hear any hype at all on him until NE drafted him.. They‘re not on the same level.

But if Bill manages to have Mac game-manage to the level Brady did his first few years, and if we can’t stop the run, we’re in for a long one. I don’t have any concerns about Tua being good enough to beat them again. He is leagues closer to the pre-injury Tua that earnestly deserved the praise he was getting. Vegas has this one as virtually a pick-‘em. Taking whole teams, including coaches into account, if Tua plays like he has in the pre-season, we certainly have the edge.
Yeah, going from a career backup to a Hiesman candidate and an NFL 1st round prospect isn't hype.

Yeah, going from a career backup to a Hiesman candidate and an NFL 1st round prospect isn't hype.

He wasn’t first round on most mocks…but you do you…

And no, that’s nowhere in the same universe as the hype Tua got…so many forget (or choose to ignore) how rare a talent he is. He was LOCKED in at #1, until the injury…compared to “potential 1st round.” But you can tell yourself whatever story you want.

Here’s one in particular non-biased take, grading NE’s draft:

New England Patriots: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama - D Grade
Yuck. I can't fail the Patriots because they're getting "value" with a quarterback some thought would go third overall. That said, several teams we spoke to had Jones in the second round. One had him pegged as a third-day prospect! Jones is an Andy Dalton with DUIs. There's no upside with him. He'll need to be surrounded with an all-star cast to reach the playoffs consistently, which was the exact case with Dalton.

So save it…

There's some merit to this article. That had a ton of cap space and added some talent. Please don't forget what BB has done with QBs. Our division is going to be tough for a decade with all these new QBs.

There's some merit to this article. That had a ton of cap space and added some talent. Please don't forget what BB has done with QBs. Our division is going to be tough for a decade with all these new QBs.
There is…and it’s possible BB has his next Brady. We’ll see…anything’s possible.

He wasn’t first round on most mocks…but you do you…

And no, that’s nowhere in the same universe as the hype Tua got…so many forget (or choose to ignore) how rare a talent he is. He was LOCKED in at #1, until the injury…compared to “potential 1st round.” But you can tell yourself whatever story you want.

Here’s one in particular non-biased take, grading NE’s draft:

New England Patriots: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama - D Grade
Yuck. I can't fail the Patriots because they're getting "value" with a quarterback some thought would go third overall. That said, several teams we spoke to had Jones in the second round. One had him pegged as a third-day prospect! Jones is an Andy Dalton with DUIs. There's no upside with him. He'll need to be surrounded with an all-star cast to reach the playoffs consistently, which was the exact case with Dalton.

So save it…
Funny stuff.

Yup, Dilfer. He is the first draft guru that I read whenever I want to get solid draft info. Both Rosen and Darnold will soon be working behind the microphone with Dilfer.

According to Dilfer, quarterback prospects Sam Darnold out of USC and Josh Rosen out of UCLA stand out above the rest of the class when it comes to the quarterback traits that are more important than the rest.

NFL on ESPN

@ESPNNFL

·
Apr 27, 2013

Trent Dilfer says within 3 years, Matt Barkley will be the starting QB for the Eagles. #PHIPick
#ClipAndSave

I would not place much stock in anything Dilfer says, but thats just me and Jones was all hyped up like all Alabama QBs.

Romo overrated as a QB and a commentator to be honest.
I don’t know about all that. He might not have been the best qb but he knows the position. He would make a damn fine Qb coach.

I don’t know about all that. He might not have been the best qb but he knows the position. He would make a damn fine Qb coach.
Always liked Romo. Think he’s great in the booth too. Hated playing against him…that one game in Dallas where he threw the game-winning TD, being sacked and almost horizontal…crazy good play.

Im not crowning Jones.

Thats for the Romos and Collingsworths to do. I am suspect of all Alabama QBs to be clear.

Let me put it to you this way. If Watson was playing for Miami next Sunday, I would not be very optimistic regarding the Pats chances. Watson torched the Patriots last outing and the Dolphins are loaded at WR. I do not see that from Tua. but as I stated earlier he needs to prove himself and maybe he will.

Nothing like an opposing fan riding the fence on FH haven’t seen that before

Theres that fierce conviction

Back
Top Bottom