Tony Sparano weighs in on the "Jeff is Gone" news | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Sparano weighs in on the "Jeff is Gone" news

uuhhh, no. the wildcat offense that our offensive assistant sprung on the nfl in game 5 got us that far. we were 0-4 and ready to crumble like the previous season untill the w/c was instilled. it had NOTHING to do with sparano. and as soon as that first coach figured out the key to stopping it, we were over. the ravens showed it in the play off game that we were a fluke. next year? wildcat doesnt work anymore and pennington with his clipped wing are 0-4 once again until penny is finally put to pasture with that shoulder giving its last gasp. that "playoff" game was maybe the worst thing that happened to us in a LONG time. it gave us an extra 2-3 years of ireland who rode that playoff appearance for all it was worth.
We started 0-2 in 2008 and 0-3 in 2009 as far as I can remember. I agree that Sparano was a bad coach and not the one responsible for our 11-5 season. However, neither was the Wildcat IMO. It was all Chad Pennington.

uuhhh, no.

the wildcat offense that our offensive assistant sprung on the nfl in game 5 got us that far. we were 0-4 and ready to crumble like the previous season untill the w/c was instilled.

it had NOTHING to do with sparano. and as soon as that first coach figured out the key to stopping it, we were over. the ravens showed it in the play off game that we were a fluke.

next year? wildcat doesnt work anymore and pennington with his clipped wing are 0-4 once again until penny is finally put to pasture with that shoulder giving its last gasp.

that "playoff" game was maybe the worst thing that happened to us in a LONG time. it gave us an extra 2-3 years of ireland who rode that playoff appearance for all it was worth.

You got a lot of things wrong there. First, we were 0-2 before the wildcat game. Second, the Ravens were an amazing defense. It wasn't as much that the wildcat was figured out as that they completely outmatched this team's offensive talent with their defensive talent, and the line in that game played about as well as our line most of this year. Third, the wildcat's finest moments were in the next year, and that certainly wasn't the reason why we lost the first 3 games.

Yes, the playoff season did give us more years of Ireland, but there's no way anything can taint my memories of seeing a Dolphins team needing to win games down the stretch to make the playoffs and actually doing it. It's sad that is my best adult Dolphins memory, but it is what it is.

Hilarious that Sparano was brutally criticized for showing emotion on the sidelines and now many of the same people criticize Philbin for having none.

Hilarious that Sparano was brutally criticized for showing emotion on the sidelines and now many of the same people criticize Philbin for having none.

Bingo. Just another day of hypocrisy in Finheaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching Louie, and he had this stand up bit where he was talking about dating and doing a fist pump when a girl says yes, and it digressed into a bit where he went into how golfers and tennis players are the only people in sports who fist pump, because they're alone and have no teammates. I immediately thought of Tony.

I don't miss that fist pumping crap for one second. Oakland is such a fitting place for that offensively challenged doofus.

Yup. He goes to the Jets FOR ONE SEASON and after he gets his mitts on two starting NFL QBs, both with playoff wins, they are never to be seen again.

he was criticized for pumping for FGs...the people criticizing philbin are mad that he doesnt show anger...

yes there is a difference...i had no problem when tony got excited for a TD or a big takeaway but when he settled for FGs i wasnt happy...

at the same time i want philbin to get pissed off when someone effs up...i want him to do more than golf clap for an interception...

Don't look now but the fist pumper is coming back to Florida.

Good one. I clicked on this cause I was thinking there is no way Sparano is making comments to media about this. Seeing that gif was hilarious.

I'd be down for Tony as a OL coach over Turner

I don't think we've had a more player-loved coach. Loyalty and love don't win games, but I think Tony would be great as our OL Coach. His passion and team-oriented thinking works great in the trenches. Not so much from the top of the mountain.

I hope he finally finds a spot where he can be appreciated for being himself.

Back
Top Bottom