top 10 reasons we are done...player edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

top 10 reasons we are done...player edition

FTB has suggested Franklin as well, and it's an intriguing idea. The big question is, do we really want to throw money at another lineman in free agency? I think it really comes down to where we can save money. We've got a lot of good potential cap casualties, and our QB's salary is still pretty low. I'd be sorely tempted to look at Franklin or Iupati for the simple reason that I'm just plum sick of this ****. This OL has been hot garbage since what, 2010? 2011? I'm just sick of it. Sick of watching turnstiles get our QBs and RBs drilled in the backfield, sick of the false starts, and sick of talking about it. Outside of Ja'Wuan James for the first half of this season, look at the straight trash we've been trotting out at right tackle since Vernon Carey. Colombo, Martin, Clabo, Thomas. If you go back and look at the sacks, tackles for loss, pressures, and hurries allowed by those players over the last four years, we've basically had the worst right tackle play in football for FOUR straight years. That's unbelievable.

But anyway, all of that bitching aside. If we are going to throw money at someone in free agency, I hope it is Donkey Kong Suh. We need help at DT. Bad.

Iupatos game is power so I don't see the fit and especially with our zone all the way tackles but I guess that could be in play If harbaughs came here...still I seriously doubt San Fran is gonna let that hit free agency

Franklin fits the scheme although he's not great at tackle...but with him and billy turner at least we'd have some options and versatility

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Someone forgot to put Mike Pouncey on the list. Another first round disappointment.

Disappointing for sure but not top 10 worthy

Someone forgot to put Mike Pouncey on the list. Another first round disappointment.

He has not done well since coming back. He sure as heck is not playing at a pro-bowl or 1st round level...

FTB has suggested Franklin as well, and it's an intriguing idea. The big question is, do we really want to throw money at another lineman in free agency? I think it really comes down to where we can save money. We've got a lot of good potential cap casualties, and our QB's salary is still pretty low. I'd be sorely tempted to look at Franklin or Iupati for the simple reason that I'm just plum sick of this ****. This OL has been hot garbage since what, 2010? 2011? I'm just sick of it. Sick of watching turnstiles get our QBs and RBs drilled in the backfield, sick of the false starts, and sick of talking about it. Outside of Ja'Wuan James for the first half of this season, look at the straight trash we've been trotting out at right tackle since Vernon Carey. Colombo, Martin, Clabo, Thomas. If you go back and look at the sacks, tackles for loss, pressures, and hurries allowed by those players over the last four years, we've basically had the worst right tackle play in football for FOUR straight years. That's unbelievable.

But anyway, all of that bitching aside. If we are going to throw money at someone in free agency, I hope it is Donkey Kong Suh. We need help at DT. Bad.

I wouldn't mind throwing money at an OG, then drafting some mid-round o-linemen to groom/provide depth. Some of our other big issues (WR and CB in particular) can be addressed early in the draft at a reasonable rookie salary.

I would love to have Suh, but I can only imagine how crazy that contract is going to be and though I don't think he's that kind of guy, I immediately get flashbacks to Haynesworth. I'm still 100% behind them trying anyways.

We had cap money and we passed on better guards to go dumpster diving. We preferred spending that money to have a third DT

Satele is quite effective on the read option running plays. He was often responsible for the holes that Miller exploited, mostly early in the games. He understands positioning and angles. Gets the proper relationship to the defensive tackle or linebacker.

When the game becomes more physical, Satele suffers. He doesn't fit a standard offense. That's why so many teams ignored him. If we keep using the sideways influence Lazor style I don't mind keeping him or even starting him.

Our guards were weaker than the center position, IMO. We also had very little trouble with shotgun snaps.

Mike Pouncey has been terrible as a guard. Move him back to center or cut him.

Can't cut pouncey they picked up his 5th year option...I would just put him back on the pivot where his athleticism could stand out...we didn't utilize that enough with him at guard

Can't cut pouncey they picked up his 5th year option...I would just put him back on the pivot where his athleticism could stand out...we didn't utilize that enough with him at guard

Are you sure 5th year options are guaranteed?

Looking at that list makes me sick or "queasy". Here is a thought from Wilson on his play,

I play for God family team as long as those have no prob how I play the rest yal listening to bad play by play announcement
@Jimmywilson_27 @AdamHBeasley

I will let you translate that for me Hoops.

That's prison talk for, "I GET TURNED AROUND QUITE OFTEN"

Think I would move Jimmy to #2.

Yes, Hartline has not 'shown up' but he has not cost us games.

Wilson and Wheeler both cost us games. Guess Hartline gets some cushion because Tannehill doesn't even look his way anymore.

Just looked it up. 5th year option is only guaranteed by injury. Can cut if you want. I'd cut Pouncey. He's a cancer and only an above average starting center. Those aren't worth the 7 mil he will make next year and we are already over the cap for 2015.

You are nuts if you don't think hartline playing as your 2nd wr with his wasted snaps and lack of productivity hasn't cost you games

Passed for 350 yards on Sunday and the only time we saw Brian Hartline was when he lost a perfect touchdown pass in the sun. I think that sums it up.

I've always believed Hartline was a #4. He is making the 20th highest salary for a WR. With our cap situation he's a goner.

Back
Top Bottom