Top 10 WRs - 2022 NFL Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 WRs - 2022 NFL Draft

A1.

Club Member
Reaction score
1) Treylon Burks - Arkansas - 6'3" - 225lbs - 21

Treylon Burks can do it all. My #1 overall player in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Press coverage:

Off coverage (slot and boundary):

(Next two clips are back to back plays)

Ball skills, RAC: See above clips

He can beat man. He can beat u in a variety of ways if u want to sit 7 yards off as well. Good releases against all coverages, athletic in the stem and separates well at the top of routes. The size and speed make him simply dominant.

Checks every box. Size, speed, hands, physical, route running, versatile. Arkansas uses him out wide, in tight, in the slot, h back, split back, wildcat, u name it. The clips I've provided aren't even his best work, just demonstrations of skills I believe demonstrate his ability to translate to the NFL. If u haven't watched Burks, I recommend it.

My concerns: That he gets drafted into my division.

NFL Comp: Josh Gordon, AJ Brown

2) Garrett Wilson - Ohio State - 6'0" 192lbs - 21

One word to describe Garrett Wilson: Twitch

Garrett Wilson completely uncovers himself from press coverage in each of these clips. Release, athleticism, and elite foot work/burst at the top of the route. Most polished route runner in the class.

Ball skills:

Blind spot:

My concerns: Long speed is less than ideal for someone 190lbs. Below are two examples of him being tracked down in the open field

NFL Comp: Stefon Diggs

3) Drake London - USC - 6'5" - 210lbs - 20

Drake London has vice grips for hands has game wrecking ability, simply because he's never really covered. Guys as big as London should be elite at high pointing the ball, have a large catch radius, and own the sideline. London is all these things. Examples below

He does everything big guys should do, and at a plus level. He's also incredibly physical. All of this isn't enough in the NFL though.

Can he release off the line?

Here's a double move to beat inside press. After the double move London rips past the CB to get inside against inside leverage. Impressive for a big guy

Finds his balance and rips inside. Good footwork here

https://imgur.com/a/FSbf7l3

Can he stem his routes?

Is he physical with the ball in his hands?

London possesses elite body control and play strength, in addition to being a great athlete and decent intermediate route runner. These skills are what separates him from other big WRs that don't cut it in the NFL. London can uncover himself, and has the size, strength, and hands to make the play against good coverage.

My concerns: What will hold London back from tapping into his Mike Evans like ceiling will be his speed off the line against soft coverage, and how he develops as a route runner in the middle of the field. London owns the sideline, but struggles to create separation on in breaking routes.

NFL Comp: Tee Higgins, Mike Evans

4-7 coming up next week, what are yalls opinions on Burks, Wilson, London?

Last edited:
I've seen the comparisons of these guys to very big names:

Burks to AJ Brown
London to Mike Evans
Wilson to Diggs

Those are attractive potentials, but truth be told the draft is deep at WR and the 10th best receiver could be starting quality. Having Waddle already certainly makes the search easier.
Definitely. I rank based on conviction, not potential. There are guys that will go day 2/3 that I believe have day 1 talent most years but I lack conviction on them panning out in the NFL for a variety of reasons (maturity, production, experience, etc.) U can certainly strike on late round guys.

Somehow the OP accessed the database in my mind that has every single one of these plays stored and managed to put them into a thread for everyone to see.

One of the best threads I’ve seen in the draft forum in a decade.

Somehow the OP accessed the database in my mind that has every single one of these plays stored and managed to put them into a thread for everyone to see.

One of the best threads I’ve seen in the draft forum in a decade.
Much appreciated

Well done. Great post OP! These guys will all be gone when we’re on the clock. Who would you feel comfortable drafting, if any, at 29? Or do we wait until round 2 or 3?

Right now it does not look like the Fins need at WR will match well with the 29th pick.

You would probably be reaching for that position with who will likely be on the board.

It will take a move up or down or waiting until #50 to address that need.

Right now it does not look like the Fins need at WR will match well with the 29th pick.

You would probably be reaching for that position with who will likely be on the board.

It will take a move up or down or waiting until #50 to address that need.

Curious, where do you think the value will be at 29?

I see most(if not all)the legit R1 WR's going before #29 unfortunately.Maybe Dotson makes it that far but would Miami target another little, quick guy?

Right now I think the best value might be OL(Raimann, Penning, Faaele, Z Johnson) and LB(Dean), and maybe QB depending on how many desperate teams reach for the QB's.Several of the UGA DL could be there as well.I am dreaming of Kenyon Green slipping but I doubt it.And I have seen Nakobe Dean mocked all over the place so who knows if he will be an option.

I think all the RB's will be on the board at #29 but I would not draft one there myself.

I am hoping for a good trade down scenario maybe for one of the QB's.

But it is too early to tell really, a lot can change at the Combine and other workouts. Some guys will "rise" which would push others down to where Miami could get a guy we can't see being there right now.

I see most(if not all)the legit R1 WR's going before #29 unfortunately.Maybe Dotson makes it that far but would Miami target another little, quick guy?

Right now I think the best value might be OL(Raimann, Penning, Faaele, Z Johnson) and LB(Dean), and maybe QB depending on how many desperate teams reach for the QB's.Several of the UGA DL could be there as well.I am dreaming of Kenyon Green slipping but I doubt it.And I have seen Nakobe Dean mocked all over the place so who knows if he will be an option.

I think all the RB's will be on the board at #29 but I would not draft one there myself.

I am hoping for a good trade down scenario maybe for one of the QB's.

But it is too early to tell really, a lot can change at the Combine and other workouts. Some guys will "rise" which would push others down to where Miami could get a guy we can't see being there right now.
That #29 is an interesting spot. Could see a quarterback needy team trading up. That could be a real option.

Agree with you on offensive lineman. Z. Johnson is one to keep an eye on. Just a hunch there.

Bell seems a tad early, but I like his game and he could be a great fit.

Dean is one of my favorites. I've seen him mocked all over the place.

Two dark house candidates might be Spiller and Winfrey. I'd wait on running backs, but Spiller is another guy that looks like a great fit.

I was really impressed with Winfrey during the Senior Bowl week. His tape is very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom