Top 4 FAs to pick up? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 4 FAs to pick up?

Armstead is interesting, but he didn't really produce until his contract year. Is that a red flag, or did he simply figure things out?

It's a red flag. Armstead had fewer sacks in his previous 4 years in the league combined then he has this year. And over the last few weeks that whole Niners' DL has fallen off. If you need 3 high first round draft picks playing next to you to play well, like Armstead, you're not worth the money. Now Chris Jones on the other hand...but the Chiefs will do anything to keep him.

Thuney and Sherff at OG. Both are battle tested and have been relatively healthy during their careers. Byron Jones at CB, he's a good fit next to Howard. Along with Needham the CB position would become elite. Buyer beware on Armstead and Conklin. Armstead is benefiting from playing on a DL with four 1st round picks and up until this season, has been a pedestrian player. Conklin on the other hand has been injury prone. I think Miami would be better off staying away from him. Kansas City's Chris Jones is the only DL I'd look into, he epitomizes What Flores likes in terms of versatility. Seattle's OT Noah Fant might be a cheaper option along the OL. He's been serviceable at RT.

Thuney and Sherff at OG. Both are battle tested and have been relatively healthy during their careers. Byron Jones at CB, he's a good fit next to Howard. Along with Needham the CB position would become elite. Buyer beware on Armstead and Conklin. Armstead is benefiting from playing on a DL with four 1st round picks and up until this season, has been a pedestrian player. Conklin on the other hand has been injury prone. I think Miami would be better off staying away from him. Kansas City's Chris Jones is the only DL I'd look into, he epitomizes What Flores likes in terms of versatility. Seattle's OT Noah Fant might be a cheaper option along the OL. He's been serviceable at RT.
Regarding Conk, the only injury I know is his torn acl. Are there others I'm forgetting?
The only reason I ask is I'm not sure 1 injury supports being called injury prone.

Target 4 of the below:
Scherff - OG
Hudson - C
Castonzo - OT
Thuney - OG
Jones / Darby / Harris / CB
Williams / Ngakoue - DE

Our IR coming back next year
Howard - CB
Bell (if not traded/let go) - S
Williams - WR

+ BPA in Draft (~4 starters) = solid rebuild in one year + more picks the following year

Byron Jones would be a solid af pickup.

Picking 4?

Scherff - As much money as it takes. Should be priority 1
Thuney - Scherff and Thuney with either Biadasz or Creed in between seems like an amazing start to the line. Don't know if we would still be too weak at tackle (assuming they see Jesse Davis as one side) which would make Castonzo more of a priority.

Castanzo - Dieter - Biadasz - Scherff - Davis

actually looks like a solid line on paper. Change Castonzo to spot 2 after Scherff.

Yannick Ngakoue - This needs to be 1B with Scherff. Stud coming off the edge. If we somehow get the #2 pick imagine Young and Ngakoue? Even if not, targeting a guy that drops like Chaisson/Matos/Weaver would be a good plug in on the other side. But wow Young and Ngakoue

Byron Jones is a luxury pickup if we can't get anyone else. Darby is probably more realistic to try to play opposite X. However this coaching staff has shown they can coach up DB's so I'm not opposed to targeting other areas with big $$ and sign a bunch of guys to fight the CB2 spot with Needham/Rowe

Offense
We need 1 top OG and 1 top OT + 2 OL in our top 5 draft picks
Let our FO choose them but 4 new starters needed
I would on keep davies and kilgore and boehm for depht

Defense
Need 2 solid edge and a starter at CB

Target 4 of the below:
Scherff - OG
Hudson - C
Castonzo - OT
Thuney - OG
Jones / Darby / Harris / CB
Williams / Ngakoue - DE

Our IR coming back next year
Howard - CB
Bell (if not traded/let go) - S
Williams - WR

+ BPA in Draft (~4 starters) = solid rebuild in one year + more picks the following year
Yeremiah Bell back on the team?

Offense
We need 1 top OG and 1 top OT + 2 OL in our top 5 draft picks
Let our FO choose them but 4 new starters needed
I would on keep davies and kilgore and boehm for depht

Defense
Need 2 solid edge and a starter at CB
No, I don't think I'll let the FO choose players. I'll do it myself, of course.

The front office during Free Agency will pick up these players (being aggressive). They make a ton of sense.

Left Tackle - Anthony Castonzo Age 32 (4 yr $48,000,000 deal)
Center/Guard - Joe Thuney Age 27 (4 yr $46,500,000 deal)
Right Guard - Brandon Scherff Age 27 (4 yr $49,700,000 deal)
PASS RUSHER - Leonard Williams Age 26 ( 4 yr $42,000,000 deal)

Hell yeah! Both drafted late, 5th and 6th rounders, and both were stellar for us for years! In the middle of drinking a few cervezas, got mixed up! lol!!! Speaking of which...I need another cold Stella....

Just thinking about it...to see YB and Jones at SS/FS and to have Surtain and Madison on the corner...holy moly...! I wish we could see players of different generations together!

Back
Top Bottom