Top 5 Needs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Needs

I support this idea 100%

You gotta start saving money at some point and I'd be shocked if Jason Sanders would be on the team in 2025.

Karty has a bigger leg and similar production last year, after being 100% on FG's in 2022. He struggled with the 50+ yarders in 2021, going 1-5 but he's 7-10 over the last 2 years in that department, including a 61 yarder. Granted the 61 yarder was a pressure free kick at the end of regulation in a game they were going to lose regardless. But he did make it so he's got a leg up (pun intended) in that department.

I must say I'm surprised by all the CB comments and not S comments around here....it's almost like the mock draft simulators have you believing that 7th and 8th CB is more important than 3rd S lol...

Where does the 5th or 6th round pick corner go on the roster?
1. Ramsey
2. Fuller
3. Kohou
4. Needham
5. Smith
6. Bonner
7. Neal

I must say I'm surprised by all the CB comments and not S comments around here....it's almost like the mock draft simulators have you believing that 7th and 8th CB is more important than 3rd S lol...

Where does the 5th or 6th round pick corner go on the roster?
1. Ramsey
2. Fuller
3. Kohou
4. Needham
5. Smith
6. Bonner
7. Neal
The only Corner I'm advocating for is DeJean and that's due to versatility, he can play Slot, Wide and Saftey..... oh and he's one of the best kick returners in the draft.

With the new kickoff rules going into effect, DeJean moves up on my board.

You gotta start saving money at some point and I'd be shocked if Jason Sanders would be on the team in 2025.

Karty has a bigger leg and similar production last year, after being 100% on FG's in 2022. He struggled with the 50+ yarders in 2021, going 1-5 but he's 7-10 over the last 2 years in that department, including a 61 yarder. Granted the 61 yarder was a pressure free kick at the end of regulation in a game they were going to lose regardless. But he did make it so he's got a leg up (pun intended) in that department.

I think our special teams allocation takes up 2 percent of the salary cap pie, which is on-line with most teams.

Sanders had a really good bounce back season last year and is a veteran entering his prime. If he remains confident then I'd like to keep him. I understand that a rookie kicker costs less, but rookie kickers aren't always better. Why create a problem for 3 million in savings?

Sanders has gone through ups and downs, but last year was an up for him. He should be considering his salary, but he's not the only veteran kicker making that kind of money.

The only Corner I'm advocating for is DeJean and that's due to versatility, he can play Slot, Wide and Saftey..... oh and he's one of the best kick returners in the draft.

With the new kickoff rules going into effect, DeJean moves up on my board.

I get that, especially with Weaver...but many other posters are listing CB as their 4th or 5th want..that's kinda who I'm addressing

The top 5 positions of need, according to you, on this Draft Eve.
I'll start:
OL
DL
S
WR
LB

No, it is
IOL all three spots (Not OT)
DBs, Safety and corner
LB, at least one more excellent LV
EDGE, like AVG who can drop into coverage, Shaq Barrett will get snaps there, and Phillips is excellent too, but

And the order of picks should be

Day 3: IOL
Day 2: DB, LB
Day 1: DB, EDGE (those are premium positions for first round, not IOL)

I get that, especially with Weaver...but many other posters are listing CB as their 4th or 5th want..that's kinda who I'm addressing
I'm against drafting any "projects" at DB. We have better luck with UDFAs at that position than late round picks anyway. And we have Cam Smith already taking up that role.

I feel like this draft is generational in alot of aspects but after the first 120ish players it falls off a cliff. Our 5th round pick and beyond will be a roll of the dice no matter who we pick.

It really sucks we don't have 3rd rounders, some great players will be on the board in round 3.

Back
Top Bottom