Top 5 Needs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Needs

The only real "NEEDS" I see are OL and DL.

I think the team needs at least one quality addition on both sides of the LOS.

More luxury additions but not "NEEDS" would be bigger WR and a legit weapon TE on Offense. And maybe a bigger, short yardage RB.

On Defense they could use a young S to pair with Holland long term and an addition to the LB Corps wouldn't hurt.

And you can never have too many CB's.

I do feel that the team NEEDS to add at least one contributor to both LOS but they could always revisit either in FA once the Draft dust settles and they cleat Cap Space In June so they have some flexibility to truly draft BPA.
This is how I see too, but I think wide receiver could be in play early. Those Worthy rumors seemingly fit McDaniel's personality.

Looking ahead, both Ramsey and Fuller are 30 so I don't think you can rule out corner.

The top 5 positions of need, according to you, on this Draft Eve.
I'll start:
OL
DL
S
WR
LB
OL - at 21 we'll have a choice from (possibly) - Latham, Mims, or JPJ - grab one.
DL - Chop Robinson at 21, or Michael Hall Jr or Kris Jenkins at 55
S - Jaden Hicks or Javon Bullard may be available at 55 (or draft the Miami kid later)
WR - Doubt we go there at 21 - maybe not even at 55 - really doubt we pick a WR early. Hello OBJ.
LB - Don't think this is a need anymore. Long Jr is solid, so is the Seattle kid we picked up. Even the Cleveland LB we picked up can ball if/when he is healthy. I'd cut Tindall this year though.

So it's not really BPA then.

It's BPA based on needs correct?
It's BPA based off how/who the Dolphins have ranked on their Draft board. There may be some players that are ranked in the top 30 that won't even be on the Dolphins board and same thing with other teams.

Has he shown an affinity for using TEs as an offensive weapon that I missed?
He has shown a fondness for bringing in receiving TEs, said he was in Texas to scout their TE and told Travis at his PC that TE was something he wanted to implement in year 3 of his offense install.

I don't know if there is enough balls to go around since we are always looking for Tyreek first. :ffic:
Plenty since we seem to rest Hill and Waddle regularly. And we need a third option even when they are on the field.

Has he had a TE worth being used as a offensive weapon that I missed?

It appeared, to me, he liked calling that quick seam pass to the TE.

Problem is, when your IOL collapses, it's difficult to trust.

But it appeared to me, the TE is something McDaniel will or has tried to get involved.

We shall see

This is how I see too, but I think wide receiver could be in play early. Those Worthy rumors seemingly fit McDaniel's personality.

Looking ahead, both Ramsey and Fuller are 30 so I don't think you can rule out corner.
Taking a mid 2nd rounder at #21 would infuriate me.

Worthy spent every minute after Texas lost getting ready to run the 40, so much so that he did not other drills at The Combine.

The only fast WR his size who has played well enough to warrant being taken that high is DeSean Jackson and he was an absolute outlier.

Worthy might be the #1 guy on the list of worst Dolphin picks at #21.

6. Someone on the coaching staff that can remind McDaniel that the run game is working and to not abandon it so he can play with his shiny new toys and pretend he is playing Madden.

Has he had a TE worth being used as a offensive weapon that I missed?
You are making a big assumption, likely based more on your wants than what MdD has actually shown.

I'm only pointing out the possible flaw in your assumption.

What McD has actually shown is that he likes his speedy receivers running crossers at varying depths. Having a TE running seam routes on a regular basis would clog the middle with defenders.

I'm not saying a top TE couldn't be used effectively. Just that there is no actual evidence that McD values, or would use the position the same as you might think.

Back
Top Bottom