Top 5 Needs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Needs

He has shown a fondness for bringing in receiving TEs, said he was in Texas to scout their TE and told Travis at his PC that TE was something he wanted to implement in year 3 of his offense install.
Sure, bringing in low cost, project types that he then doesn't use.

That's far different than burning a rd1, wouldn't you say?

I sure hope butch barry can contribute in the OL scouting department. I agree with whoever said 3 of our top 5 needs are OL, I’m just not very confident in our ability to draft them well.

Taking a mid 2nd rounder at #21 would infuriate me.

Worthy spent every minute after Texas lost getting ready to run the 40, so much so that he did not other drills at The Combine.

The only fast WR his size who has played well enough to warrant being taken that high is DeSean Jackson and he was an absolute outlier.

Worthy might be the #1 guy on the list of worst Dolphin picks at #21.
Verse, Barton and DeJean are at the top of my list of players that I most want, who have been projected close to Miami's spot. Murphy or Newton would makes sense, as I believe that inside pass rush is pretty crucial.

Not sure how I'd feel about Worthy at 21.
I'd feel better with a trade down that netted Worthy and an extra pick.

Miami could be a great spot for him, and it would be a looking ahead type move. I'd prefer a bigger, physical receiver for 2024. But it would be nice to have Waddle and Worthy when Hill is done.

Perfect scenario might be Barton and Legette. If McConkey slides he'd be on my radar, despite not being a bigger receiver.

So if BPA is:
1. QB
2. ILB
3. RB
4. K
5. QB
that's the draft you want, lol?

Mesh best available with needs, not just bpa and select.

also think when folks talk about having to take the bpa they’re not taking into account what time of team you want to be. What type of identity.

There are so many variables that come into play that it’s very difficult to put into context

Imo the Gm’s who say we just take bpa are just mocking the people who are asking the question, it’s a sign of disrespect

My order of needs would be:
  1. IOL
  2. S
  3. EDGE
  4. CB/IOL/RB/DT
I would trade back from 21 and pick up a 2nd & 3rd.

With the two 2nds & 3rd, I would get:
  • IOL
  • S or EDGE
  • either a 2nd IOL, S/EDGE, CB, or DT
And in the 5th round, I would grab the Memphis RB.

St. Brown just got 30 Mil a year for 4 years. We need WR because we wont be able to keep Hill and Waddle. Waddle is going to command 35 Mil a year.

Thats a “problem” in 2 years that’s not really a problem.

Waddle’s next contract would kick in 2026.

Tyreek will be 32 years old with $0 guaranteed with an $56M cap hit, or $45M cap savings if he’s cut, in 2026.

1. A long term, high end LT (ready by 2025)
2. A high end 3 down LB, preferably with pass rush skills
3. 3rd WR with #1 potential
4. upgraded depth at all positions especially O Line and DB
5. Reserved depending on contract negotiations with Tua, Waddle, Phillips, Holland. Cam Smith development. Emergence of long term solutions from the group of interior DLine guys we have collected to rotate with Sieler.

Not high priorities - TE, RB, K, P

Back
Top Bottom