Top 5 players in the NBA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 players in the NBA

My top 5 in no particular order are:

Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Garnett
Duncan

Nash and Nowitski make my top 10 but neither one is a complete enough player (defense) for me to put them in my top 5.

rafael said:

Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Garnett
Duncan

Nash and Nowitski make my top 10 but neither one is a complete enough player (defense) for me to put them in my top 5.

Man if Dirk was better on D, he might be the best player in the league. I mean a 7 foot, 26 and 10 guy who can hit the 3 pointer over 40 percent, shoot free throws at over 90 percent and drive the lane like a guard is devastating. He is sick. He does average a little over a block and a steal a game, but the man is almost unguardable.

rafael said:

Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Garnett
Duncan

Yes.

And as for the debate, it's crazy to call Nash a better overall player than Wade.

I will ask you all this....

If the Heat win it all this year and Wade wins the Finals MVP award..does it vault him to the #1 spot and make him the front runner for the MVP next year?

Section126 said:

If the Heat win it all this year and Wade wins the Finals MVP award..does it vault him to the #1 spot and make him the front runner for the MVP next year?
Nah, because I think ultimately, LeBron is going to be the one putting up potentially 32/8/6 next year. I'll take a Finals MVP over League MVP though, which is what Wade has a better shot at achieving.

I think next year is LeBron's year, from an individual standpoint. Hell, it should've been this year. As for Wade, I don't see him in the top 3 scoring because Shaq is gonna get his 20 a night, and somebody else as the third option will have their nights, as well as Jason Williams and other players. The only Cleveland player who will score a lot of points outside of LeBron is Larry Hughes, and I'm hearing a lot about Hughes playing the PG position next year??

Remember, stats REALLY count for league MVP.........

Section126 said:

Nope, because he still has the X-factor in Shaq . . imagine Lebron w/ Shaq . . . plus if the Heat wins it will be the supporting cast that puts them over the top. Toine' and Jay dub and Haslem and Posey, I mean Wade could win the Finals MVP, but he still wouldn't be number 1 . . . not IMO. But like I said earlier thats not a knock on Wade, but this league has the most talent it has had in a long time.

Kdawg954 said:
Nope, because he still has the X-factor in Shaq . . imagine Lebron w/ Shaq . . . plus if the Heat wins it will be the supporting cast that puts them over the top. Toine' and Jay dub and Haslem and Posey, I mean Wade could win the Finals MVP, but he still wouldn't be number 1 . . . not IMO. But like I said earlier thats not a knock on Wade, but this league has the most talent it has had in a long time.

Well, LBJ + Shaq = decrease in his PPG, just like it was for Kobe.

Statistically, without Shaq, Dwyane Wade's numbers are much better because he becomes the main focus in the offense, rather than a split between he & Shaq. However, as long as Dwyane Wade has Shaq, I don't think he has a "GREAT" chance at winning league MVP, because they're gonna look at LeBron & Kobe more, guys who don't have a CONSISTENT sidekick, nor much of a supporting cast at all outside of the inconsistent Larry Hughes & Lamar Odom.

Section126 said:

It would put him in the Top 3, not #1.

And there is no such thing as a front runner for an MVP going into a season. That is idiotic.

dob72 said:
KG
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Dwayne Wade
Steve Nash

KG isn't even in the discussion anymore. He has blown every opportunity to become a star on "that level."

Lebron
Nash
Dirk
Duncan
Wade
Kobe
KG
AI
Shaq
Arenas

Boik14 said:
Lebron
Nash
Dirk
Duncan
Wade
Kobe
KG
AI
Shaq
Arenas

Gilbert Arenas over Elton Brand?? :confused:

culpepper2chambers said:
in order

lebron
wade
kobe(i know he should be at least 2 but i just hate his guts)
duncan
nash

With Duncan's 3 rings, he is top of the list.

Blueprint said:
Gilbert Arenas over Elton Brand?? :confused:

I like Vince Carter over Arenas but just being in the discussion should show how good a player is.

Back
Top Bottom