Top 5 QB's in this draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 QB's in this draft?

I just have this feeling about Hurts.

I am actually in a different state of mind as far as QBs.

I have this feeling about Fromm, that if the right team were to take him, he would flourish to the point of being top 10 each year. I know many would disagree with me hard on Fromm, but I think Fromm could succeed in the NFL.

My thoughts on how I would rate my level if interest on each QB this year would be...

1. Burrow
2. Tua (Healthy Tua jumps to 1)
3. Herbert
4. Fromm
5. Love
6. Eason
7. Hurts

I've always drawn a comparison to Russell Wilson in my mind. Not the sexiest pick, doesn't seem have all of the tools, but is a proven winner and has succeeded in multiple college environments.

He is not prototypical and comes up short in a lot of areas, but the results can't be denied.

Hurts is the kind of QB most NFL teams will see as a backup. But there might be a coach/team out there that is willing to take a calculated risk that he is an undiscovered unicorn.

The NFL is changing again. Teams are understanding that the no-so prototypical QB offers uniqueness in the film room and poses problems for most defenses when the offense is schemed to this strengths.
He is very interesting. It's hard to ignore his success at two major college programs.

A team would likely have to change its system to fit his skills, but that is what good coaches do.

I am actually in a different state of mind as far as QBs.

I have this feeling about Fromm, that if the right team were to take him, he would flourish to the point of being top 10 each year. I know many would disagree with me hard on Fromm, but I think Fromm could succeed in the NFL.

My thoughts on how I would rate my level if interest on each QB this year would be...

1. Burrow
2. Tua (Healthy Tua jumps to 1)
3. Herbert
4. Fromm
5. Love
6. Eason
7. Hurts
I could see that. New Orleans or New England seem like perfect fits for Fromm.

Fromm seems very Garrapolo to me, and that’s good enough, if we build a nice running game and Defense to go along with him, opinions ?

Fromm seems very Garrapolo to me, and that’s good enough, if we build a nice running game and Defense to go along with him, opinions ?
The biggest knocks on the guy seem to be lack of arm strength, and overall athletic ability.

A bit worrisome, but if he shows out good at the combine, he could climb on draftboards.

I work at USU, so I’ve seen a healthy dose of Jordan Love in person and I personally wouldn’t use a first on him. He’s got great measureables but he’ll be a project wherever he goes. Just my opinion.

Tua (when healthy)
Burrow
Herbert
Fromm
Eason
JLove
Hurts

I work at USU, so I’ve seen a healthy dose of Jordan Love in person and I personally wouldn’t use a first on him. He’s got great measureables but he’ll be a project wherever he goes. Just my opinion.

Tua (when healthy)
Burrow
Herbert
Fromm
Eason
JLove
Hurts
Is Love smart? Will he live in the film room? Is he coachable?

Tua (when healthy)
Burrow
Herbert
Fromm
Eason
JLove
Hurts

You can't...no, I won't let you throw a punch and run.

What inside information do you have that the public at large, especially NFL evaluators, doesn't have that would point to him being a project? A recent poster had some relevant questions that could help shape your answer:
  1. Is Love smart?
  2. Will he live in the film room?
  3. Is he coachable?

You can't...no, I won't let you throw a punch and run.

What inside information do you have that the public at large, especially NFL evaluators, doesn't have that would point to him being a project? A recent poster had some relevant questions that could help shape your answer:
  1. Is Love smart?
  2. Will he live in the film room?
  3. Is he coachable?
Saying I wouldn’t spend a 1st round pick on Love isn’t throwing a punch.

In basically every category his 2019 season was significantly worse than any year prior, especially when escaping pressure and when throwing into tight windows. Granted Utah State lost a lot of talent last year, but I want a first round qb to carry my team and JL didn’t do that. His performance dropped with and sometimes even more than his supporting cast. As I said, just my opinion.

This would be my top 5 too. Fromm isn’t even close. I’d draft Gordon over Fromm
I have Fromm at 6 and feel he would be a better fit for a lot teams over Eason. So I would actually put Fromm and Eason as 5a and 5b.

Back
Top Bottom