Top 5 QB's in this draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 QB's in this draft?

Yeah as wonder whom Miami will get. As really need to be getting a franchise QB.

Like some other people, Eason is hanging around. Looking forward to combine, but I'll be out of the country with limited web from mid February to May. Will miss a lot of fun. :)

1) Burrow
2) Tua
3) Fromm
4) Love
5) Herbert
6) Hurts
7) Eason
Not going to quibble over that order. It's certainly not out of line with reality.

What's your opinion on the view that while Fromm is pro ready from a reads/progression standpoint, his ceiling is lower than that of a Herbert or Love from a physical tools standpoint?

Why all the love for Love? He’s Akili Smith 2.0. Athletic as hell but real accuracy concerns.

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Fromm

No others deserve a first round look.

Why all the love for Love? He’s Akili Smith 2.0. Athletic as hell but real accuracy concerns.

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Fromm

I agree from a skill level. Is your order taking Tua's injury risk into consideration?

I know I do.

#5 will almost assure you of a good/very good day 1 starter, assuming we have chosen wisely. I don't want to take the high risk with Tua, though I understand why some do.

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Fromm

I ask the same thing about Fromm...

There's no way in my mind he held off Justin Fields. He'll be a reach because he played behind one of the top o-lines in the nation when he should be holding a clipboard for 4-5 seasons, along with Nate Stanley, who he reminds me of.

Two players, that is they develop to the apex of their skills, you'll only be able to win with them, not because of them.

I agree from a skill level. Is your order taking Tua's injury risk into consideration?

I know I do.

#5 will almost assure you of a good/very good day 1 starter, assuming we have chosen wisely. I don't want to take the high risk with Tua, though I understand why some do.

I’m of the opinion Tua will heal better than speculated by some on this forum and will be the 2nd QB off the board. Somewhere between 2-10, who really knows with all the trading that is likely to occur. All things equal, he’s better than Burrow IMHO.

Tua
Burrow

Im only giving 2 because where things are headed, I really believe teams will just overdraft QBs just based on the perceived value of the position. So after the top 2 guys, and Im not talking about just this draft but also the ones going foward, once you pass the big gap, the following guys will just get more and more overdrafted. This will make it very hard for any team to get any kind of value picking QBs outside of the 1st round.

If teams also get any better at IDing QB good prospects, it will make even thougher. If the hit rate goes up early, by default it needs to go down later, and the hit rate in 3rd-later is already very low.

For a Team that doesnt have QB secured, it should aim at the higher floor higher ceiling guys, the top guys. A team looking for a replacement down the line(ie.Lions, Chargers, Pats...) might be more inclined to take shots later in the draft... IMO

Daniel Jones was drafted #6 overall; Herbert is 100% going top 10 this year. Teams can’t get past drafting the “prototypical” NFL QBs. Same reason Josh Allen went 7th to the Bills. Honestly, Herbert is a better prospect than either of them were too.

Daniel Jones was drafted #6 overall; Herbert is 100% going top 10 this year. Teams can’t get past drafting the “prototypical” NFL QBs. Same reason Josh Allen went 7th to the Bills. Honestly, Herbert is a better prospect than either of them were too.
Allen is getting job done in nfl.. jones have potential. He might work out or he might not time will tell. I hate ideas of overdraft players that will likely be a bust..

Allen is getting job done in nfl.. jones have potential. He might work out or he might not time will tell. I hate ideas of overdraft players that will likely be a bust..
Josh Allen -and D Jones too Overdrafted players whose ceiling is a middler QB

Do you watch the games or just read the Box scores?

Back
Top Bottom