Total rushing yards for Ronnie Brown? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Total rushing yards for Ronnie Brown?

DO YOU REALLY THINK RONNIE WILL BE A BUST?

I dont understand how people are so quick to judge that Ronnie will be a bust because we took him at #2 and not later on after a trade down. Obviously Taking Ronnie Brown at #2 CAN be a potential "bust" to some people because they might think he wont run for at least 1200 yd and 7+ TD's... Well the same can be said for the other 2 RB's, or any RB for that matter. Just look at the last 5 years of the NFL draft.Before we took Ronnie on Saturday, Since the 2000 DRAFT only 2 RB's have been taken in the Top 10. Jamal Lewis at #7 and Ladainian Tomlinson at # 5...Look at the numbers they put up in their first year:

In 2000 Jamal Lewis started ONLY13 of 16 games.
309 Att. 1364 Yd. 4.4 Avg 6 TD
He caught 27 passes for 296 Yd. with a 11.0 Avg. and 0 TD

IN 2001 Ladainian Tomlinson started all 16 games.
339 Att 1236 Yd. 3.6 Avg and 10 TD.
He caught 59 passes for 367 Yd. with a 6.2 Avg and 0 TD
Keep in mind he did have a few nagging injuries that year.

These are pretty hefty STATS...Is this going to be the bar we have set for the 3 Rookie RB's ????

Those 2 guys were BEASTS in college and they are BEASTS now in the pros !!

Regardless of what RB went at whatever pick they can always be a "bust" in peoples eyes because you cant always ask for a 1600 Total Yard back at will and get it. I see it that the BIG 3 RB's in the this years draft have a pretty tough goal ahead of them . Do you think that all 3 can produce these types of numbers???

I believe Ronnie Brown can give us a Ladainian Tomlinson type Rookie Year:
1200 Yds. Rushing with 7 TD's and about 40-60 catches for 450 Yards and 2 TD's.......9 TOTAL TD'S

WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU ?

Jon Gruden

Bucs coach Jon Gruden said Auburn running back Ronnie Brown stunned him at last month's scouting combine by "displaying the best hands of any prospect, including wide receivers."

Lovie Smith

"You talk about unselfish, I mean, most of the time, running backs say, 'Hey, I'm the man, give me the ball,' " said Lovie Smith, the Chicago Bears coach. "You got Ronnie Brown lining up as a fullback. How many great tailbacks line up as a fullback? He's also on the punt team. You talk to both of them, they want to give the other guy a lot of credit."

Dennis Green

"All three of these players have huge upsides or they would not be here. I think what you see with Cedric Benson and Carnell Williams right now is pretty much what you will see forever. That is not a bad thing, said Dennis Green. "I just think that they have hit their near-maximum capability and you know what type of running back you have with them. [Ronnie Brown] is on par with both, but he has the potential to be great at ALL aspects of the game. He has better hands and blocking desire than the other two backs…and I think this is what sets him apart from Benson and Williams."

Jack Del Rio

"Does it all. Can catch the ball. An outstanding receiver and route runner. Big, strong, physical, fast. I'm a little leery of the fact that he doesn't have a lot of playing time . . . but when he did he was very productive. He will be a big-time back in the NFL. He's a stud."

Mike Shanahan

"Cadillac's more of a slashing runner, a guy that can make you miss," said Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan. "Ronnie's more versatile from the fact that he can play fullback and wide receiver (as he did at Auburn). But they're both great backs."

Jim Mora

"Excellent blend of size, hands ,speed, and pound for pound, one of the toughest backs in the last five NFL drafts," Mora said.

Tommy Tuberville

"Ronnie's got the best hands of any player I've ever coached or been around," Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said. "I recruited and coached Rudi Johnson and Deuce McAllister and this guy's got more athletic ability than both of them."

Looks as if Lovie and Gruden really wanted RONNIE BROWN as their RB.....thank god we took him from them!!!

Nick Saban

"We thought he had the best speed, the best hands, and also the most power of any player we could pick at his position, or just about any other position," Saban said.

maddennfl0620050425052325332-1.jpg

Tough question, b/c I have no idea how many carries he'll get. I'd say he gets about 1300 and 600 yards recieving.

Brown- 1,323-12td's

Benson-1,444-10td's

Williams-778-3td's

....Benson will have a better 1st year but I think Ronnie has the better career

If we don't improve on our OL than he won't even break 1000...

clajoie_7 said:
If we don't improve on our OL than he won't even break 1000...

It's improved already. Read the little snippets in the local rags that leak out from the players about Houck. There was one in the PBP yesterday and one in Skolnik's thing in the Herald yesterday. That's all we're able to get out of Camp Saban, but it's very telling.

1100 yards rushing

500 yards receiving

10 TDs

I think he'll be sharing some of the load..., with Harris/Gordon not minor or morris... Both may get cut with Gordon on the roster...

brown
1250 yds rushing 400 yds recieving 11 combined TDs

gordon
325 yards rushing 200 yds recieving 3 TDs

2004: 1100-1200

Beyond that: Hopefully a few seasons or more where he reaches 1500.

Back
Top Bottom