Trade #6 to Washington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade #6 to Washington

Dan13Forever

Sewell = waste pick
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have been checking out Washington message boards and few youtubers. They are talking about trading up to top 10 for a QB. We are one of their prime targets. Thet know 1 to 4 will be QB and the teams would not trade down. Cincy doesn't trade. Then its us, and they know Grier likes to deal.

Say we trade with Washington, Bateman should be still available at 18. He is not a bad compensation price at all.

What to get back from Washington would you pull the trigger to trade down?
I don't want to trade down. But if I must, I take their 2021 1 and 2, 2022 1 and 2, and 2023 1. Keep in mind, they are not a good team. Good chance they will not make playoff this year, and next draft would likely land them top 10.

They gave up their first round pick in 2022 to move up from 12 to 6. Obviously the Dolphins have a few players they have an interest in at 6 who won’t be on the board at 19. So Washington can try to move up to draft a QB but they will not be trading with the Dolphins.

Of course if Washington wants to give the Dolphins the 19th pick, their second round pick this year and Chase Young, I wouldn’t mind seeing them trading down in that case.

No way Washington gives up that much to move up for the 5th or 6th best QB in the draft. 1st or 2nd best, maybe. They need too much help at other positions to sell the farm for potential, and that's what you'd be getting in a QB at that position...

They gave up their first round pick in 2022 to move up from 12 to 6. Obviously the Dolphins have a few players they have an interest in at 6 who won’t be on the board at 19. So Washington can try to move up to draft a QB but they will not be trading with the Dolphins.

Of course if Washington wants to give the Dolphins the 19th pick, their second round pick this year and Chase Young, I wouldn’t mind seeing them trading down in that case.
People know we want weapon. Consider the compensation I propose, and still getting Bateman, its foolish not to consider.

Keep in mind, Smith, Chase, or Waddle most likely would not crack the starting lineup this year. Fuller and DVP lock down the flankers.
All three are better than Parker. If anyone will have trouble cracking the starting lineup if one of those three WR’s is selected at 6, it will be Parker. Considering how often he has nagging injuries. Parker would probably have a more productive and healthy season by coming off the bench as the 3rd or 4th WR than being a starter.

Back
Top Bottom