Trade #6 to Washington | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade #6 to Washington

You listen to any offers but I don't think they will try to move all the way up from 19 to 6 for what most likely would be the 5th QB on the board at best.
Thought we went from 3 to 12 for likely the 5th QB on the board.

Most of the time we'll be on a 3 WR set so a WR we draft at 6 doesn't mean he'll sit or that Parker will be traded. You'd start Parker,Fuller(till both of them get hurt) and the rookie.

Exactly, I can't see the new guy being anything less than a WR #3 on this team. Almost all first round rookies have been at least that recently.

Washington is in Fitzmagic Mode this season. He's their guy IMO or he wouldn't have signed with them.

Moving back from 6 wouldn't be a great move. Pitt's / Chase are worth all the Kings horses and all the kings men. If we stick at 6 we'll likely get one of them.

I have been checking out Washington message boards and few youtubers. They are talking about trading up to top 10 for a QB. We are one of their prime targets. Thet know 1 to 4 will be QB and the teams would not trade down. Cincy doesn't trade. Then its us, and they know Grier likes to deal.

Say we trade with Washington, Bateman should be still available at 18. He is not a bad compensation price at all.

What to get back from Washington would you pull the trigger to trade down?
I don't want to trade down. But if I must, I take their 2021 1 and 2, 2022 1 and 2, and 2023 1. Keep in mind, they are not a good team. Good chance they will not make playoff this year, and next draft would likely land them top 10.

No way Washington would offer that for QB4/5, but the Phins would be stupid to turn it down if they did, it's basically double the value of the pick. 2021 and 2022 1's, and 2021 2 would be enough by the chart, but I would expect the Phins would want at least another 2 and 3.

People know we want weapon. Consider the compensation I propose, and still getting Bateman, its foolish not to consider.
I am not a big Bateman fan, so drafting him anywhere in the first round, I would not be happy with. I doubt the Redskins would give up 3 first round picks plus a second round pick to move up for the 4th or possibly fifth rated QB in the draft. Yet if they were dumb enough to offer those picks for the 6th pick in the draft, I would probably make the trade.

I would then take a RB and edge rusher with the 18th and 19th picks. I don’t think I would even take a WR unless Toney is still available at 36. Other wise the Dolphins can use the draft to continue to build the offensive line and the defense.

If the top 3 WR’s are gone and Toney is also gone before pick 36, I think they should just go with Fuller, Parker, Williams, Wilson, Bowden as their top 5 WR’s in 2021.

I don’t see Washington offering the picks you suggested, so I expect the Dolphins to remain at 6 and pick the player they moved up from 12 to take in the first place.

If Miami traded with Washington, and received first round picks in 2021, 2022 and 2023, plus 2nd's in 2021 and 2022. And then drafted Bateman and Harris. I'd need to trade in my Superman Undies for a pair of Depends!!! Cause I'd literally poop my pants!!!

I think they should trade him prior to the draft if their intention is to draft a WR with the 6th pick. Because they signed Fuller and if they draft a WR at 6, this would simply be saying that they don’t have a lot of confidence in Parker as a starting WR.

They should not be drafting a player at 6 if they are going to bring him in to sit on the bench. A player selected that high should be expected to come in and start from day one. Of course Parker may end up starting across from Fuller if the Dolphins decide to draft Sewell or a defensive player at 6.

Perhaps Grier and Flores are happy with just adding Fuller as their #1 WR and they will go in another direction with the sixth pick. A couple of more weeks and we will know if they are going WR or another position with their first draft pick.
I have a different take. As I mentioned, Fuller is a one year borrow. So whats wrong with grooming #6 for one season, then let him replace Fuller 2022. Also, the rook is an insurance policy in case DVP get hurt this year.

If Miami traded with Washington, and received first round picks in 2021, 2022 and 2023, plus 2nd's in 2021 and 2022. And then drafted Bateman and Harris. I'd need to trade in my Superman Undies for a pair of Depends!!! Cause I'd literally poop my pants!!!
Not sure I got you. So are you happy or sad with Bateman and Harris and boat load of picks?

You REALLY think any team is going to give up 3 first round+ picks? At this rate why not go out and get D.Watson if you’re Washington? Surely, Houstons asking price has gone down and on the field you know he can win. Of the field is another matter entirely.

Point being, it’s nuts to give up all those picks for possibly the 4th/5th best rated Qb on the board.

Of course its nuts, dude. Thats why I could not say no to 3 threes and 2 twos no matter how much I love Pitts and Chase.

Can the OP be Washington’s GM!!! I doubt they will give 3 1s and two 2s. Wait is Bill O’Brien working for them?

No more messing around with 1 a at 6. Make you pick and get your receiver be it Pitts or one of the other 3. Just make certain that you do that. Don't start getting too slick. When you get greedy you get needy! If it's me I'm taking Smith at 6. Solve RB with #18 please. Then an oline piece.

Back
Top Bottom