Trade #6 to Washington | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade #6 to Washington

You seriously think a rookie will push DVP away from starting spot game one? I think you are wrong.
However if DVP get injured, and the rook explose, then sure, the rook will take the starting spot permanently. In that case, DVP will not be happy coming off the bench and we need to trade him.

We could part ways with Parker soon. Good guy, sometimes a good player, but injured way too often. Being out as often as he is puts us in a bind. We need players on both sides of the ball that can stay healthy, otherwise we will never be a championship team.
In fact - I'll add that IMO at the times we have had both Parker and Williams in the game at the same time, Parker falls into Williams shadow. I think Williams outplays him more often than not. Williams also has the same problem with injuries.

No way Washington gives up that much to move up for the 5th or 6th best QB in the draft. 1st or 2nd best, maybe. They need too much help at other positions to sell the farm for potential, and that's what you'd be getting in a QB at that position...
I agree but no one would expect the Niners to trade what they did for a player that could of been there at 12.

It's tempting to take such a huge haul, but when are we going to stop and get the top 10 player who can move the needle the most? I think Dolphins should get their receiver we already got the SF 2023 first round pick so we should be good.

No way Washington gives up that much to move up for the 5th or 6th best QB in the draft. 1st or 2nd best, maybe. They need too much help at other positions to sell the farm for potential, and that's what you'd be getting in a QB at that position...
Its Washington. The a model of a well run organization.

Would have to be similar to what Miami got in the San Francisco deal to even consider making a trade.

I have been checking out Washington message boards and few youtubers. They are talking about trading up to top 10 for a QB. We are one of their prime targets. Thet know 1 to 4 will be QB and the teams would not trade down. Cincy doesn't trade. Then its us, and they know Grier likes to deal.

Say we trade with Washington, Bateman should be still available at 18. He is not a bad compensation price at all.

What to get back from Washington would you pull the trigger to trade down?
I don't want to trade down. But if I must, I take their 2021 1 and 2, 2022 1 and 2, and 2023 1. Keep in mind, they are not a good team. Good chance they will not make playoff this year, and next draft would likely land them top 10.

First, I'm not convinced WAS is that obsessed with one of the remaining QBs. Second, I'm not convinced QB is the biggest hole. The compensation required to move down to #19 would be exceedingly high.

That said, I'll never say 'no' until I see an offer, but I'm struggling with moving down to #10, much less #19.

You seriously think a rookie will push DVP away from starting spot game one? I think you are wrong.
However if DVP get injured, and the rook explose, then sure, the rook will take the starting spot permanently. In that case, DVP will not be happy coming off the bench and we need to trade him.
I think they should trade him prior to the draft if their intention is to draft a WR with the 6th pick. Because they signed Fuller and if they draft a WR at 6, this would simply be saying that they don’t have a lot of confidence in Parker as a starting WR.

They should not be drafting a player at 6 if they are going to bring him in to sit on the bench. A player selected that high should be expected to come in and start from day one. Of course Parker may end up starting across from Fuller if the Dolphins decide to draft Sewell or a defensive player at 6.

Perhaps Grier and Flores are happy with just adding Fuller as their #1 WR and they will go in another direction with the sixth pick. A couple of more weeks and we will know if they are going WR or another position with their first draft pick.

You listen to any offers but I don't think they will try to move all the way up from 19 to 6 for what most likely would be the 5th QB on the board at best.

I think they should trade him prior to the draft if their intention is to draft a WR with the 6th pick. Because they signed Fuller and if they draft a WR at 6, this would simply be saying that they don’t have a lot of confidence in Parker as a starting WR.

They should not be drafting a player at 6 if they are going to bring him in to sit on the bench. A player selected that high should be expected to come in and start from day one. Of course Parker may end up starting across from Fuller if the Dolphins decide to draft Sewell or a defensive player at 6.

Perhaps Grier and Flores are happy with just adding Fuller as their #1 WR and they will go in another direction with the sixth pick. A couple of more weeks and we will know if they are going WR or another position with their first draft pick.
Most of the time we'll be on a 3 WR set so a WR we draft at 6 doesn't mean he'll sit or that Parker will be traded. You'd start Parker,Fuller(till both of them get hurt) and the rookie.

We’re scoffing at 3 first round picks now?

Not only am I making that trade but I’m asking whoever announces it to drop the mike.

You REALLY think any team is going to give up 3 first round+ picks? At this rate why not go out and get D.Watson if you’re Washington? Surely, Houstons asking price has gone down and on the field you know he can win. Of the field is another matter entirely.

Point being, it’s nuts to give up all those picks for possibly the 4th/5th best rated Qb on the board.

Back
Top Bottom