Trade Back, Then... Trade Back Again... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Back, Then... Trade Back Again...

That is how Jimmy Johnson put all that talent on this team. I wouldnt mind taking that strategy. Get a bunch of young talent and groom them. Just do not bypass a QB if one is available.

But we were never going to have Moss. J is on record saying if he had stayed at 19 that year he'd have drafted Vonnie Holliday. Of course that'd have been a much better pick than Avery.
right. and there is a huge reason JJ didnt' win a superbowl in miami. it wasn't his drafting of defense i'll tell you that much.

Because teams that continually pick towards the end of each rounds (playoff teams) always miss out on talented players and never draft pro bowlers and teams who continually pick at the top of each round are just constantly drafting all pro players.o_O

The best players go early in the draft.

Of course you can find talent. We can’t seem to find them in the top 10, why would we be better when the pool of talent gets smaller and harder to identify?

It’s not like I’m against trading back if the board dictates it, but the Patriots would rather draft 13th than 30th every year so idk what point you’re trying to make.

The best players go early in the draft.

Of course you can find talent. We can’t seem to find them in the top 10, why would we be better when the pool of talent gets smaller and harder to identify?

It’s not like I’m against trading back if the board dictates it, but the Patriots would rather draft 13th than 30th every year so idk what point you’re trying to make.

We don't have to be the patriots, we just need as many picks as possible because we are lacking young talent and the draft is the best way to fix those issues and best way to build a team. It's deep defense draft class this year, let's try to get as many early picks as we can if it means trading down 10 spots in the first round.

If a Fitzpatrick is there fine. But others went later just as good like James went 17, Vander Esch after that, Lamar 31st, etc...
Plenty of talent everywhere. This team needs lots of players.

There's always going to be later picks who end up panning out. At the time there was an elite group of close to sure things, we had to take one.

Brady sacked 0.0 times in the game and overtime. Tell me again how the Oline isn't the most important factor in the game of football? Rams Dline the best in the league. Games won at the LOS.

With the team we have today, I would be all for trading back and picking extra 1st (Raiders) or future 1sts and extra 2nds. And I expect in the off season there will be a number of cuts, hopefully trades of players for picks - even 3 or 4 extra mid round picks are valuable and moves on draft day. Rebuild via draft.

We don't have to be the patriots, we just need as many picks as possible because we are lacking young talent and the draft is the best way to fix those issues and best way to build a team. It's deep defense draft class this year, let's try to get as many early picks as we can if it means trading down 10 spots in the first round.

Now I see where the difference of opinion sits.

I think we already have plenty of young talent. We’ve got a young core on both sides of the ball and managed to win 7 games with a bottom league offense and QB play (statistically speaking) and a near league worst defense.

What I think we’re missing is defensive competence on the coaching side, elite game changing players, and a QB.

None of those you typically acquire by trading back.

Last edited:
Going by the trade chart....

Even if we were to trade 13 for 32, it would only net us the 34th pick in the draft. I don't see any way how we get "three 2nd round picks and three 3rd round picks along with a couple 4ths". And no team with low 1st round picks has a high 4th except for Oakland.

You only get those type of picks if you have a top 4 pick and then get back picks this year and next. Not many teams have multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. And which QB is a team willing to trade up for? There are rumors that 3 QB's could go in the top 10. Who's left at 13? Daniel Jones?

Teams usually only trade up for QB's and there are only one or two teams drafting after us that need a QB unless a team in the second round wants to move back into the first but then the value really drops off.

Last edited:
what's the trade chart say the price is going from 13 to 5 and 13 to 1 eesti?

what's the trade chart say the price is going from 13 to 5 and 13 to 1 eesti?

I don't think teams usually follow the chart to get to that high but the value is 550 points (34th pick) to get to 5 and 1300 (9th pick) points to go from 5 to 1.

Here is what Philly did....

Browns get:
No. 8 (traded to TEN, OT Jack Conklin)
Third-round pick (traded to CAR, CB Daryl Worley)
Fourth-round pick (traded to OAK, QB Connor Cook)
First-round pick in '17
Second-round pick in '18

Eagles get:
No. 2 (Wentz)
Conditional fifth-round pick in '17 (can become a fourth)

Not to mention two starters they gave up to get to 13.

TRADE CHART

trade-value-chart.jpg

For a trade to #1....

Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).

Rams get: Titans' first-overall pick (2016), a fourth-round pick (2016) and a sixth-round pick (2016).

I don't think teams usually follow the chart to get to that high but the value is 550 points (34th pick) to get to 5 and 1300 (9th pick) points to go from 5 to 1.

Here is what Philly did....

Browns get:
No. 8 (traded to TEN, OT Jack Conklin)
Third-round pick (traded to CAR, CB Daryl Worley)
Fourth-round pick (traded to OAK, QB Connor Cook)
First-round pick in '17
Second-round pick in '18

Eagles get:
No. 2 (Wentz)
Conditional fifth-round pick in '17 (can become a fourth)

Not to mention two starters they gave up to get to 13.

I'm just trying to figure out if I gave up 13, Kenyan drake, and a 2020 3rd rounder would that maybe get me to 5. if so for the right qb I'd do it. I think kenyan drake lands you a top 75 return at least

Back
Top Bottom