Trade Deadline thoughts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Deadline thoughts

If Tua had a few games under his belt it might be easier to make a determination on the value of a trade.

At 3-3, Miami is in the race but I'd stand pat. Maybe get a late round pick for Jordan Howard, or flip Howard for another player.

How about our guys who might be sought.

Howard? Unless there is an injury he will probably not see much action. Is he worth a 5th?

Fitzmagic? Not my choice to move him, but if his actions/words divide the locker room we must move him with or without a backup QB in the wings.
If u trade fitz bcuz of what he said what do think that’s does to the locker room?

If we can't get players at the right asking price, right salary, and right fit, we should explore the options. Generally, teams want too much or the player is too expensive--which is why there are so few trades. But a responsible team is always going to look around to see if a team (like the Cowboys) is willing to give up a player (like Michael Gallup, who is young and productive). The guys I see listed are likely to be out of the league in a year or two anyway.

I would be more interested in Miami maybe trying to acquire more draft picks, not players. Nothing crazy compensation wise I am sure, but I would definitely test the waters on players like Albert Wilson, Allen Hurns, Jordan Howard and MAYBE even Fitzpatrick (though he probably still has more value here and I would kind of like him to re-sign as Tua's backup in 2021)

Couldn’t imagine any scenario which trading for any of those 4 players would make sense for any team in the league, right now.

I would be more interested in Miami maybe trying to acquire more draft picks, not players. Nothing crazy compensation wise I am sure, but I would definitely test the waters on players like Albert Wilson, Allen Hurns, Jordan Howard and MAYBE even Fitzpatrick (though he probably still has more value here and I would kind of like him to re-sign as Tua's backup in 2021)
I don't think any of those players would even get a nibble.

How about our guys who might be sought.

Howard? Unless there is an injury he will probably not see much action. Is he worth a 5th?

Fitzmagic? Not my choice to move him, but if his actions/words divide the locker room we must move him with or without a backup QB in the wings.
Howard for a 5th? Our best cb? No thanks.

In year 2 of a foundational rebuild. The debacle of the Rosen trade. Shrinking salary cap.

And people advocating for trades for 30 somethings? Have we not learned anything from history? Keep our picks, watch the proverbial cement dry and decide on the needs in 2021.

Nice to see thoughts on actual present situations. See alot of save cap and hold all picks for 2021.
But, IMO, the right player of need now becoming available will be aggressively gone after. True next year will be good if well prepared but there most likely will be some great value with teams now also releasing significant assets to prepare for future.
We could use a very good DL this year...and I don't see it happening but I'd give a second for Q. Williams (jets) in a heart beat.

Mentioned WR John Ross a burner as an example. if the value could be picked up for a bag of potato chips (6-7 rdr fair asking price) his 2020 cost is 800,000. So there are and will be some opportunities that I see us taking advantage of in the next few days. Maybe even on a major significant level.
In which we will be realistically active to a degree.
We will have alternatives to work with for 2021................JMO

Couldn’t imagine any scenario which trading for any of those 4 players would make sense for any team in the league, right now.
Probably not, but I would much rather see them shop those players, even if no takers, then trade valuable draft picks for veterans now

I know it's confusing with two players having the same last name, and posters not using at least the first initial, but is this supposed to be a joke?
I meant Jordan Howard RB, not X.

X for a 1st 2021and second in 2022.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom