Trade Deadline thoughts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Deadline thoughts

I like the idea of kerryon if you can get him cheep. We aren’t getting anything for J Howard. I’d be happy to cut him if we got K Johnson.

I'm a Chicago White Sox fan in baseball and a Dolphins fan in football. I kinda like the Bears, too, but somehow the Phins became my fav team. Probably cuz Marino came into the league at the time that I became interested in sitting down to watch sports on TV.

My point is the crazy similarity of the 2 teams reaching a competitive stage in their rebuilds ahead of schedule. Up until a late-season slump, the Sox had the best record in the American League and now this Dolphins team is destroying 2 teams that beat down or at least held their own against 2 of our teams in our division. The Niners beat down the Patriots and the Jets hung in there vs Buffalo. This Dolphins team is a tough one to play against right now and we have a Lot of talent and a tough mindset. The Dolphins players can look around that locker room and say "Hell yeah, we're in the hunt for the playoffs and that's the standard they should be holding themselves to Right Now.

It's a Very exciting time to be a fan of both teams. Phins Up and Go Sox!

Zeke, I’m interested. I see those dead money cap hits but what’s his salary to us? I would steal him if I could but I’m a biased OSU fan. Love Elliots skill set. I could see him still being a player 3 years from now. Won’t be upset if we don’t sniff around that though.
Plastic face Jerry Jones drafted Elliott personally and no way that inflated ego dinosaur
trades him for anything less than an R1. Super overrated player who just like Emmitt Smith
needs an ALL-Pro line to shine!

Super hard pass!

I'm a Chicago White Sox fan in baseball and a Dolphins fan in football. I kinda like the Bears, too, but somehow the Phins became my fav team. Probably cuz Marino came into the league at the time that I became interested in sitting down to watch sports on TV.

My point is the crazy similarity of the 2 teams reaching a competitive stage in their rebuilds ahead of schedule. Up until a late-season slump, the Sox had the best record in the American League and now this Dolphins team is destroying 2 teams that beat down or at least held their own against 2 of our teams in our division. The Niners beat down the Patriots and the Jets hung in there vs Buffalo. This Dolphins team is a tough one to play against right now and we have a Lot of talent and a tough mindset. The Dolphins players can look around that locker room and say "Hell yeah, we're in the hunt for the playoffs and that's the standard they should be holding themselves to Right Now.

It's a Very exciting time to be a fan of both teams. Phins Up and Go Sox!
So, as it relates to the trade deadline: They should look at themselves as a playoff contender and they shouldn't be too conservative about going for a good player to help the 2020 Dolphins team.

I feel like the Sox management was too conservative in augmenting the 2020 Sox's pitching, and it came back to kill us and boot us from the 2020 playoffs. I'd hate for Miami to finish out of the running because we failed to fill a hole that made the difference.

Stand pat. With uncertain times ahead stay the course and keep building through the draft and selective F/A.
Absolutely!

We're in the drivers seat with what Mister Grier has accomplished with
brilliant trades and the restructured FO! Play to our new strength which is
drafting talent and developing talent!

The 2020 Miami Dolphins are way ahead of the curve!

I feel like the Sox management was too conservative in augmenting the 2020 Sox's pitching, and it came back to kill us and boot us from the 2020 playoffs. I'd hate for Miami to finish out of the running because we failed to fill a hole that made the difference.
Understandable, but these next 2 years and perhaps beyond there is going to be less cap room to work with. So for the sake of keeping things balanced and having some room to work with; I'd not want to do anything to hurt future maneuverability. If and when Miami gets to the point, where one player will put them over the top. Then make the move.

Absolutely!

We're in the drivers seat with what Mister Grier has accomplished with
brilliant trades and the restructured FO! Play to our new strength which is
drafting talent and developing talent!

The 2020 Miami Dolphins are way ahead of the curve!
Imho, it keeps the window open longer. Mainly because of the cheaper controllable talent, they seem to now be able to develop.

There’s rumblings up in my area that the Eagles can’t afford to resign DE Derek Barnett and might be looking to move him.

He’s still only 24, I’d have a long conversation with them about Barnett, depending on what kind of salary he’s expecting to get. $11-$12 Million, I’m listening. $15 Million? No thanks.

There’s rumblings up in my area that the Eagles can’t afford to resign DE Derek Barnett and might be looking to move him.

He’s still only 24, I’d have a long conversation with them about Barnett, depending on what kind of salary he’s expecting to get. $11-$12 Million, I’m listening. $15 Million? No thanks.
I live down by the NJ Shore outside of Wildwood, your not too far. Barnett hasn't done much for Philly. I'm not sure he's worth the $11m-$12m either. I'd rather give Ogbah an extension.

Dunlap makes more sense for a Tennessee type team, Seattle, Arizona maybe.

Kerryon Johnson? Maybe a conditional 7th if you want to take that flyer.

Atkins? No way. He’s not for us, hellava career though.

Zeke, I’m interested. I see those dead money cap hits but what’s his salary to us? I would steal him if I could but I’m a biased OSU fan. Love Elliots skill set. I could see him still being a player 3 years from now. Won’t be upset if we don’t sniff around that though.

Like others said, status quo might be the best play for us. We have the tools and ammo other teams won’t in the off season so poaching talent might make more sense when teams are up against it and desperate.
I had Zeke slightly overrated coming out, I thought he would be a Very good player but not a great one..I don’t think he has reached great level player

I would be more interested in Miami maybe trying to acquire more draft picks, not players. Nothing crazy compensation wise I am sure, but I would definitely test the waters on players like Albert Wilson, Allen Hurns, Jordan Howard and MAYBE even Fitzpatrick (though he probably still has more value here and I would kind of like him to re-sign as Tua's backup in 2021)
Good idea - especially Hurns and Wilson. Add some mid to late round picks and have more maneuverability again in this coming draft.

Back
Top Bottom