Trade possibility? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade possibility?

Bowers is not a top 10 pick. Miami is also in win now mode and I don’t think trading Waddle helps this. He’s a dynamic talent and trading him sets them back. I don’t value tight ends that highly and there are few worth the investment as the league has shown.

Yes, if the Giants offer the 6th pick in the 2024 draft for Waddle, take it. I like Waddle and consider him to be a legitimate starting NFL #2 or #3 WR, but he is more of a role player than a game changer.
In theory the #6 overall pick of the draft should be a game changing player.
He’s a lot better than a role player. He’s a number one on a lot of teams. Few players have the ability to take a short pass and go the distance but he’s one of them. Now durability is a legit concern but the talent outside of that is elite. I would not trade him for #6 unless they have a real plan up their sleeve for a replacement. Of course from 6 you could always trade back too for more picks…

I've seen Bowers mocked as high as #5 and as low as #18.
I will say this... if we trade up for a Tight End, I will lose my mind. That would be a colossal waste of our already limited resources.

No great loss in my view.
Possibly a "Win - Win - Win" scenario. - LOL

Good question. Do QBs need a great TE to reach full potential, or vice versa? Interesting that the past two 'GOAT' QBs coincidentally had GOAT tight ends...

Good question. Do QBs need a great TE to reach full potential, or vice versa? Interesting that the past two 'GOAT' QBs coincidentally had GOAT tight ends...

More importantly, both had/ have great offensive lines

I thought Bowers was a good blocker?

He's the best TE prospect in years and can play in the slot. He'd give us a legitimate 3rd weapon and stop MM shoe horning plays to Tyreek but I also love Waddle.

Having said that it is a deep WR class and outside of Harrison, Odunze and Nabers is there a better WR prospect than Waddle? Heck Waddle might be better than Odunze and Nabers.

It's an intriguing trade proposal but ultimately I don't see it happening.

I see Grier making a run at Patrick Surtain if he can though it might come draft night if a certain QB is dropping that the Broncos want.

Interesting idea, but I would not do this. Waddle is a ready-made star—maybe superstar—at a position that is growing in value on an annual basis.

Conversely, highly rated tight ends rarely pan out. Many of the best in the league were late round picks. There are just too many intangibles involved in being a great TE.

Trading Waddle is a good thought experiment, but at the end of the day, I wouldn’t do it. There’s just no way we can be sure we’ll get equivalent value back.

Yes... this is ONLY speculation... flying monkeys.

I saw a piece from a Giants oriented board that suggested they should be SERIOUSLY interested if the Dolphins make Waddle available. The Giants are thought to be considering taking a WR at #6 (if they don't go QB).

So... I was wondering... if the Giants were to offer that #6 for Waddle... and Bowers (who a lot of you are interested in) is still on the Board, would you do this deal? Swap out our 1B WR for a supposedly NFL ready star TE?

To me, this seems like a way to replicate the Kelce/Hill combination that KC had... as well as a way to minimize some of our upcoming cap difficulties.

I'm not saying 'yes'... only that it might come up if the Giants are looking for immediate help for Jones.
No. Keep Waddle.

Absolutely not. The more hype Bowers receives, the more inclined I'm to think he will be a bust. Ebron, Pettigrew, OJ Howard, Eifert, Kyle Pitts...there are so many bust TEs that people hyped up WAY too much. What highly drafted TE actually succeeded recently? TJ Hockenson? And he still wasn't even worth the top 10 pick. If we give up Waddle for Bowers, it would be a grave mistake...

Not saying Bowers couldn't break that horrible trend of TE busts, but history just isn't in the guy's favor...

If Waddle were to get traded, it would be for insane compensation that we just couldn’t say no to.

I don’t believe it will even be discussed.

If there was a team that would even consider it though, it’s the Bears.

Back
Top Bottom