TRADE: Ricky Williams & Pat Surtain for Robert Gallery | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TRADE: Ricky Williams & Pat Surtain for Robert Gallery

do this trade?

• yes

Votes: 65 38.0%
  • no

Votes: 106 62.0%

• Total voters
Doktor Ivel said:
your now saying that right tackles suck?
what about these players.
Kyle Turley?
Willie Anderson
Jon Jansen
John Tait
Fred Miller

Okay, theres good players at every position on a team, the most prestigious of the lineman is LT. They make the most money and are arguably most important.

mabey in ohio:roflmao:

What? You're from Iowa, 'nuff said.

Doktor Ivel said:
your now saying that right tackles suck?
what about these players.
Kyle Turley?
Willie Anderson
Jon Jansen
John Tait
Fred Miller

I wouldn't say that but wouldn't you rather have Ogden, Pace, Samuels, Tarik Glenn, Tra thomas Walter Jones than those

ether79 said:
I wouldn't say that but wouldn't you rather have Ogden, Pace, Samuels, Tarik Glenn, Tra thomas Walter Jones than those
no i was listing Right Tackles, they all play Left Tackles. Saves said that Right Tackles, were for the players that arnt good enough to play LT so...

godfater21 said:
You never did answer his question. if you turn on sports center and you see miami and oakland did that trade would you like it, or would you hate it?

Of course I would like it. But I would love to see us trade pat and ricky for Roy Williams, or Ladanian Tomlinson, but I don't have to make a thread to ask you that.

Doktor Ivel said:
no i was listing Right Tackles, they all play Left Tackles. Saves said that Right Tackles, were for the players that arnt good enough to play LT so...

No that's not what Saves said, that's how you took it. Just get off Gallery's D kid.

saves said:
Okay, theres good players at every position on a team, the most prestigious of the lineman is LT. They make the most money and are arguably most important.

What? You're from Iowa, 'nuff said.
thats why i'm arguing. I dis agree....why is one side of the line, more impotant? I think it varies from team to team....same on the defensive side.

Doktor Ivel said:

No....I didn't. They require different types of players. LT has to be a big, athletic type to handle quick pass rushers such as Taylor while still having strength to keep away the bullrush. RT dosn't need to be as athletic, but stronger to handle the larger LDE's he will face. I understand football, and I never once said RT's are players that couldn't hack it at LT.

saves said:
No....I didn't. They require different types of players. LT has to be a big, athletic type to handle quick pass rushers such as Taylor while still having strength to keep away the bullrush. RT dosn't need to be as athletic, but stronger to handle the larger LDE's he will face. I understand football, and I never once said RT's are players that couldn't hack it at LT.
well, now are you saying that on deffense, the better ends play right end?

Doktor Ivel said:
thats why i'm arguing. I dis agree....why is one side of the line, more impotant? I think it varies from team to team....same on the defensive side.

Most QB's are right-handed, therefore they have their back to the RE. If you have a bad LT your QB will be getting blind-sided a lot. They can see when a guy is coming from their right but not from behind them. That's why Griese got stripped so much because Wade Smith sucked and Griese didn't see the ends. He'd wind up and blam the ball was gone. I think that's why LT is more important than RT.

saves said:
Of course I would like it. But I would love to see us trade pat and ricky for Roy Williams, or Ladanian Tomlinson, but I don't have to make a thread to ask you that.

finally you answered the question was it that hard. also Which Roy williams? i hope you mean the Saftey.

Doktor Ivel said:
well, now are you saying that on deffense, the better ends play right end?

:eek:

I'm not going to waste my time.:shakeno:

Themajster said:
Most QB's are right-handed, therefore they have their back to the RE. If you have a bad LT your QB will be getting blind-sided a lot. They can see when a guy is coming from their right but not from behind them. That's why Griese got stripped so much because Wade Smith sucked and Griese didn't see the ends. He'd wind up and blam the ball was gone. I think that's why LT is more important than RT.
yes that did happen, and griese fumbled every time he got hit.:roflmao:
but i think it just depends on the team, as to which side is more important.

Doktor Ivel said:

The importance of RT Vs. LT depends on your QB. if you have a right handed QB you want a good LT to Protect his blindside. and If you have a Left handed QB you want a good RT, again to protect the QBs blindside.

Back
Top Bottom