Trade these four players | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade these four players

says green's performance three months after the concussion, which is plenty of time and Kc's wanting to go with the journeyman.

:shakeno:

You're just never going to acknowledge the situation that Herm wanted Green back, but at a restructured deal are you?

:shakeno:

You're just never going to acknowledge the situation that Herm wanted Green back, but at a restructured deal are you?

I agree if he took a pay cut he would be welcomed back, not necessarily as the starter, in fact he might have to compete for the job. You don't just kick out your starter without a real backup plan. You are never going to acknowledge that Green at 37 is far from the sure thing you make him out to be. He was just as bad as Pep three months after the concussion so you make excuses for Green but Pep not being recovered is not excuse enough to take a wait and see approach. Pep is washed up but Green is going strong at 37. It speaks volumes to me that Herm is comfortable with a guy that could not earn a starting position in 10 years over an overpriced aging vet.

I agree if he took a pay cut he would be welcomed back, not necessarily as the starter, in fact he might have to compete for the job. You don't just kick out your starter without a real backup plan. You are never going to acknowledge that Green at 37 is far from the sure thing you make him out to be. He was just as bad as Pep three months after the concussion so you make excuses for Green but Pep not being recovered is not excuse enough to take a wait and see approach. Pep is washed up but Green is going strong at 37. It speaks volumes to me that Herm is comfortable with a guy that could not earn a starting position in 10 years over an overpriced aging vet.

Again, you're exaggerative depiction of the situation was that Green was getting bounced out on his arse because Huard was clearly better and it simply wasn't the case.

I've never guarenteed Green out to be "a sure thing".......... You put those words in my mouth to make it like DC is and is the right choice. I addressed the issue if I was forced to choose between Green and Culepper. I actually don't want either. I'm over the whole "Project Recycle" thing with QB's. I don't get caught up in statistics.

I'm giving Green the nod because he's 100% healthy and cleared to play. I'm using more than C-Pep's 4 games as an assessment. Seven games before the injury, 4 games after, the inability to get healthy in a year and a half, his "stubborness" to change as reported by the prior regime, having to start over completely with a brand new offense, and his salary. At least Green was willing to cut his pay to come to the Dolphins.

Speaks volumes? I don't care if it whispers sweet nothings in your ear. Fact is, he was asked to restructure and he didn't so now he won't even be able to "at the minimal" compete for the starting QB position with the Chief's. You see I'm able to acknowledge all sides of this story. You're strictly focused on Huard's play over Green's and how things speak "volumes" to you.

Again, you're exaggerative depiction of the situation was that Green was getting bounced out on his arse because Huard was clearly better and it simply wasn't the case.

I've never guarenteed Green out to be "a sure thing".......... You put those words in my mouth to make it like DC is and is the right choice. I addressed the issue if I was forced to choose between Green and Culepper. I actually don't want either. I'm over the whole "Project Recycle" thing with QB's. I don't get caught up in statistics.

I'm giving Green the nod because he's 100% healthy and cleared to play. I'm using more than C-Pep's 4 games as an assessment. Seven games before the injury, 4 games after, the inability to get healthy in a year and a half, his "stubborness" to change as reported by the prior regime, having to start over completely with a brand new offense, and his salary. At least Green was willing to cut his pay to come to the Dolphins.

Speaks volumes? I don't care if it whispers sweet nothings in your ear. Fact is, he was asked to restructure and he didn't so now he won't even be able to "at the minimal" compete for the starting QB position with the Chief's. You see I'm able to acknowledge all sides of this story. You're strictly focused on Huard's play over Green's and how things speak "volumes" to you.

My contention all this time is that we are bringing in Green as a backup paln if Culppeer cannot recover, you see it as a sign we are getting rid of him. There is no reason to believe that if Culpepper cannot get healthy that he could have a good year. Yea Culpepper was having a bad season before he got injured, so how does that make him washed up at age 30. Did he magically lose all of his skills at age 28 before the injury or was there alot more to it. When you are describing a 37 year old Qb that did not play well three months after his concussion you can sumise that there is a good chance that he mau not have much left at 37. What speaks volumes is that they are content to go with Huard, when it would not cripple them salary cap wise to play Green one more year since Larry Johnson can be signed later and then Croyle should be ready. This would be akin to St Louis releasing Bulger and sticking with frerotte but much worse since frerotte has started some.;

My contention all this time is that we are bringing in Green as a backup paln if Culppeer cannot recover, you see it as a sign we are getting rid of him. There is no reason to believe that if Culpepper cannot get healthy that he could have a good year. Yea Culpepper was having a bad season before he got injured, so how does that make him washed up at age 30. Did he magically lose all of his skills at age 28 before the injury or was there alot more to it. When you are describing a 37 year old Qb that did not play well three months after his concussion you can sumise that there is a good chance that he mau not have much left at 37. What speaks volumes is that they are content to go with Huard, when it would not cripple them salary cap wise to play Green one more year since Larry Johnson can be signed later and then Croyle should be ready. This would be akin to St Louis releasing Bulger and sticking with frerotte but much worse since frerotte has started some.;

There you go again not acknowledging the variables. Allow me to list them one more time:

- Still not completely healthy after 1.5 years
- Playing in a completely new offense
- Playing under a brand new regime and coach and as we've seen in regime's prior, out goes the old QB then in with the new
- Culpepper's ability to adjust his game to the pocket QB. He was quoted as "stubborn" by the prior regime.
- This is a young man's game. Rookies are coming in at the age of 21. Daunte's now 30 - he most certainly not getting any younger.
- He's expensive

Now all you're going to throw at me is "well he once enjoyed this great season, he's got a strong arm" ........all the generalized, standard issued responses I come to expect from you. And yet all those responses are about a QB who "was" not "is." When I see people jumping the gun about a guy who shredded 3 ligaments in his knee and partially dislocated his kneecap, I just have to laugh. You'd think you'd keep your fingers tied for just serviceability.

Your analysis of the Chiefs in massively uninformed. Larry's due a contract after this year. That means they need to arrange the money since they do not have an abundance of it. All variables consideed, when you've got two QB's capable of running the offense and one of them costs twice what the other does - you choose the cheaper options. It's mathematics and business 101. I'm sorry you cannot comprehend that. Then again, you'd labeled with Chiefs as "Super Bowl" contenders with Damon Huard at QB. :lol:

Here you go DLOCKZ,

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/619001.html

Please remind us all again about the abundance of cash the Chief's have on hand for LJ's upcoming contract.

I should quote this as well....

ffmastermind.com said:
-- Larry Johnson Set to Get New Deal, But... --
Wed Mar 28, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com​
NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports the next running back to get a big deal is expected to be Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson. But it could be a while. Even though the Chiefs and Johnson have been discussing a contract extension for weeks, if not months now, one person close to the talks said a deal might not be struck until the eve of training camp. When it is done, look for Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson's contract to be the measuring stick. In 2004, Tomlinson signed a five-year, $36 million deal that included $21 million in guaranteed money. In the three years since then, the salary cap is up 36 percent, which could influence the final numbers in Johnson's contract. And in 2005, RB LaMont Jordan signed a five-year, $27.5 million deal that included $11 million guaranteed with the Oakland Raiders. Johnson's abilities are closer to Tomlinson's than Jordan's, and his contract is expected to be closer as well.

i wont trade cpep bc the value isnt there.......the other guys stay to...i say no thanks

the shakeup has already been done my friend we cant get rid of the whole team and expect to be successful...our cap situation aint bad

There you go again not acknowledging the variables. Allow me to list them one more time:

- Still not completely healthy after 1.5 years
- Playing in a completely new offense
- Playing under a brand new regime and coach and as we've seen in regime's prior, out goes the old QB then in with the new
- Culpepper's ability to adjust his game to the pocket QB. He was quoted as "stubborn" by the prior regime.
- This is a young man's game. Rookies are coming in at the age of 21. Daunte's now 30 - he most certainly not getting any younger.
- He's expensive

Now all you're going to throw at me is "well he once enjoyed this great season, he's got a strong arm" ........all the generalized, standard issued responses I come to expect from you. And yet all those responses are about a QB who "was" not "is." When I see people jumping the gun about a guy who shredded 3 ligaments in his knee and partially dislocated his kneecap, I just have to laugh. You'd think you'd keep your fingers tied for just serviceability.

Your analysis of the Chiefs in massively uninformed. Larry's due a contract after this year. That means they need to arrange the money since they do not have an abundance of it. All variables consideed, when you've got two QB's capable of running the offense and one of them costs twice what the other does - you choose the cheaper options. It's mathematics and business 101. I'm sorry you cannot comprehend that. Then again, you'd labeled with Chiefs as "Super Bowl" contenders with Damon Huard at QB. :lol:

Well the Chiefs are prepared to go with Huard over the Great Green that you want to aquire so maybe they are the one laughing at us for wanting to get thier old reject. If they resign Johnson the first year will not affect the cap much at all, you dont jeaopardize the whole year for one contract and use a career journeyman unless you have confidence that he can do the job as good or if not better than green. The only fact concerning Culpepper that you have right is he is coming off a masisive injury, you have no clue what Culpepper is cpable of since you only judge him by the one season. If Culpepper was done why are we waiting to release him, what would it matter since he is done whether we aquire Green or not. No matter who we aquire unless he is the backup at SD they will be in a new offense, yes it will be a new offense for Green. If the offense is all that matters Lemon knows it better than Green so screw it. Culpepper is more than a product of one season, some just choose to give all his credit for success to aguy that has had no success since he left pepp. he does a great arm, accuracy and is a good leader on the field, we dont need him to make plasy with his leags but there is no indication that once recovered that he will be a statue.

Well the Chiefs are prepared to go with Huard over the Great Green that you want to aquire so maybe they are the one laughing at us for wanting to get thier old reject.

Maybe? That's the best you can do? When Carl Peterson the GM and Herm Edwards say they want him there, what does that tell you? It was the cost-performance ratio and unwillingness to restructure which was the final straw. Again continuing to ignore fact and hitting me with "well maybe."

If they resign Johnson the first year will not affect the cap much at all, you dont jeaopardize the whole year for one contract and use a career journeyman unless you have confidence that he can do the job as good or if not better than green.

Please elaborate for me how his contract will break down, without using generalities.

And again, I've never questioned the ability of Huard to be serviceable in that offense. At half the cost of Green it makes complete sense.

The only fact concerning Culpepper that you have right is he is coming off a masisive injury, you have no clue what Culpepper is cpable of since you only judge him by the one season.

Wow. I just told you I've considered more than his 4 games with us. I listed you all the variables, and you're still ignoring what I said.

If I have no clue, then you have no clue according to your logic.

If Culpepper was done why are we waiting to release him, what would it matter since he is done whether we aquire Green or not.

It's called a poker-face. You really want Mueller and Cameron to show their hand before draft day? C'mon. At the minimal they will attempt to trade. If a trade can't be accomplished they can cut him before June and save 1.3 million.

No matter who we aquire unless he is the backup at SD they will be in a new offense, yes it will be a new offense for Green. If the offense is all that matters Lemon knows it better than Green so screw it. Culpepper is more than a product of one season, some just choose to give all his credit for success to aguy that has had no success since he left pepp. he does a great arm, accuracy and is a good leader on the field, we dont need him to make plasy with his leags but there is no indication that once recovered that he will be a statue.

It's not a brand new offense for Green. Just for DC. Green's own words are that he's comfortable and familiar in Cam's offense. I'm taking his word for it Mr. Skeptic.

And like I said, all you threw at me were generlized statements about a man who isn't the QB he used to be.

BTW, I put in my post from a couple posts earlier a link for you to see the Chief's cap situation in order to show how silly you were in telling me they had plenty of cash to take care of LJ.

Realfootball365.com" said:
There is, of course, Damon Huard, the former journeyman who experienced his finest pro season in 2006, throwing 11 touchdowns against just one interception and leading the Chiefs to a 5-3 record in Green's absence.

It might seem logical to hand the reins over to Huard if he outperforms Green in training camp, but as silly as it might sound, there are questions about a quarterback with an 11-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

Huard performed wonderfully against the pathetic NFC West but was woeful against the rest of the league. The Chiefs were 1-3 in Huard's starts against Denver, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Miami. The ex-Washington Husky threw only two touchdowns in those four games, completing just 52 percent of passes and compiling a quarterback rating of 73.2.

And, yes, he is 33 years old. And a free agent. Do the Chiefs want to throw a bunch of money at "The Butcher of the NFC West" simply in the hopes he might duplicate his 2006 half-season?

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/02/chiefs-oddman-out230207.html

DLOCKZ, that's all that needs to be said about your "clear-cut" winner Huard.

Trade these four players and eliminate their cap hits:

Daunte Culpepper....................6.9 million
LJ Shelton..............................2.9 million
Marty Booker...........................3.7 million
Renaldo Hill..............................2.0 million

Total....................................15.5 million

Our cap situation would be OK the rest of this year and would be real good next offseason.

I beleive Hagan is ready to replace Booker and I support drafting Ginn after trading down. Booker's age is a factor.

I think obtaining Trent Green is an improvement over Daunte.

I think we can do just as well with Toledo or by drafting Grubbs,Sears,Blaylock,Free,Ugoh,Satele as we have with Shelton. He is 31.

I like Hill but I think we can draft a playmaker or two in this years draft.
Very high on Michael Griffin,John Wendling,Rouse and Piscetelli,even Dahl.

Should we keep the players or take a pick or two and save the money for other possibilities and/or the future benefits??

BAd idea. LJ helped seal up the right side of a line that ebded the season as one of the best in the league...Hagan hasnt proven remotely enough to be the 2nd WR. Hill played very good and is worth the 2 million to keep him. Duante, who knows, he is the only one on this list I could justify letting go (if we get Green to start)

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/02/chiefs-oddman-out230207.html

DLOCKZ, that's all that needs to be said about your "clear-cut" winner Huard.

I never said he was clear cut winner, I think its sad that they are thinking its ok thats hes good enough to trade Green. Here is something you might want to study more in its content.

The ideal situation would be for Green to return to form in 2007, but the NFL is rarely kind to ancient quarterbacks. Johnny Unitas went out on a down note with the San Diego Chargers . Dan Marino's final NFL season was an embarrassment, and we're currently witnessing another sad tale of "shoulda-got-out-while-the-gettin'-was-good" in the form of Brett Favre.

I never said he was clear cut winner, I think its sad that they are thinking its ok thats hes good enough to trade Green. Here is something you might want to study more in its content.

The ideal situation would be for Green to return to form in 2007, but the NFL is rarely kind to ancient quarterbacks. Johnny Unitas went out on a down note with the San Diego Chargers . Dan Marino's final NFL season was an embarrassment, and we're currently witnessing another sad tale of "shoulda-got-out-while-the-gettin'-was-good" in the form of Brett Favre.

Again, finish the sentence.... He's good enough to trade Green because he's cheaper.

Funny how when a statement declares "rarely" you're all over it and consider it a clear-cut indication and yet at the same time you're sooooooooo automatic in assuming Daunte will get back to his prior form after a devastating knee injury. Wreaks of irony.

I also find it funny how you take Green's 37 and attempt to make DC sound like a young man.

Again, finish the sentence.... He's good enough to trade Green because he's cheaper.

Funny how when a statement declares "rarely" you're all over it and consider it a clear-cut indication and yet at the same time you're sooooooooo automatic in assuming Daunte will get back to his prior form after a devastating knee injury. Wreaks of irony.

I also find it funny how you take Green's 37 and attempt to make DC sound like a young man.

Okay so Green takes a paycut and makes half of what he does, so basically he and Huard will make his money, why not let Huard go if money is such an issue and keep Green instead of going through all this.

Back
Top Bottom