Trade these four players | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade these four players

Okay so Green takes a paycut and makes half of what he does, so basically he and Huard will make his money, why not let Huard go if money is such an issue and keep Green instead of going through all this.

Huard was re-signed during the time at which Green refused his paycut. It was retroactive. And before you speak are you aware of Huard's cap numbers?

Okay so Green takes a paycut and makes half of what he does, so basically he and Huard will make his money, why not let Huard go if money is such an issue and keep Green instead of going through all this.

Here you go........

Chiefs | Huard contract update
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:29:24 -0800
Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Damon Huard's new three-year deal is worth $7.5 million. Huard received a signing bonus of $2.75 million and base salaries of $1 million in 2007, $1.75 million in 2008 and $2 million in 2009. Huard could earn more if he reaches certain performance incentives.

..........now remind me again how expensive it would've been to carry both Huard and Green (restructured).

Huard was re-signed during the time at which Green refused his paycut. It was retroactive. And before you speak are you aware of Huard's cap numbers?

You are the one that said he made half. regardless they are more than willing to go with Huard who is mediocre at best, so that says to me that Green has regressed enough that they feel the team can do just fine with Huard. Huard's cap number will probably be around 1.5 mill. Nobody is willing to pay Green what he is making, if Green was perceived to have the skills at 37 then teams might be interested in paying him what his salary is. Green is only our backup plan if Culpepper does not recover, which is very possible, thus explaining why we offered a seventh rounder and want him to make around 2 million. Not exactly what you offer for a starting QB. Basically the same offers they made to Frerotte and Harrington. I still say again what are we gaining by keeping Culpepper on the roster with or without green if he is done as you say. If message board fans such as us can figure out he is done we cannot count on Speilman to take him off our hands so Im sure that if he is done we wont get a trade. This all points to what has been said previous that Pepp will be here until we see if he is progressing and if he does he will be our starter.

Here you go........

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Damon Huard's new three-year deal is worth $7.5 million. Huard received a signing bonus of $2.75 million and base salaries of $1 million in 2007, $1.75 million in 2008 and $2 million in 2009. Huard could earn more if he reaches certain performance incentives.

..........now remind me again how expensive it would've been to carry both Huard and Green (restructured).

You said he makes half not me.

Trade these four players and eliminate their cap hits:

Daunte Culpepper....................6.9 million
LJ Shelton..............................2.9 million
Marty Booker...........................3.7 million
Renaldo Hill..............................2.0 million

Total....................................15.5 million

Our cap situation would be OK the rest of this year and would be real good next offseason.

I beleive Hagan is ready to replace Booker and I support drafting Ginn after trading down. Booker's age is a factor.

I think obtaining Trent Green is an improvement over Daunte.

I think we can do just as well with Toledo or by drafting Grubbs,Sears,Blaylock,Free,Ugoh,Satele as we have with Shelton. He is 31.

I like Hill but I think we can draft a playmaker or two in this years draft.
Very high on Michael Griffin,John Wendling,Rouse and Piscetelli,even Dahl.

Should we keep the players or take a pick or two and save the money for other possibilities and/or the future benefits??
what you smokin ????? i want some Lmao!:lol:

Should we keep the players or take a pick or two and save the money for other possibilities and/or the future benefits??

Why save money when there is nobody to sign? Cap room is not a problem, ovepriced average free agents are.
While a trade looks promising, why should anybody give us more than a 7th rounder for those guys? If you don't want them when you think they are only average and worse, why should anybody pay something for them? If Thomas Jones get traded for a 2nd round exchange, you will only get a 7th rounder for any of the 4 players mentioned.
And I rather have those 4 players than 4 more 7th rounders of which 3 will be cut in traing camp (like in all the years before). Better old and average than young and bad.
Miami has already cut 1/3 of their players, no need to cut more.

Here you go........

Actually you are both wrong about the Green, Huard argument when it comes to KC, Huard had nothing to do with the reason Green became expendable, the reason is Brodie Crolye their draft pick last year from Alabama, that's who Herm Edwards is in love with and wants to be the starter next year, he's already said he is going to give Croyle every opportunity to earn the starting job in training camp.

You are the one that said he made half. regardless they are more than willing to go with Huard who is mediocre at best, so that says to me that Green has regressed enough that they feel the team can do just fine with Huard. Huard's cap number will probably be around 1.5 mill. Nobody is willing to pay Green what he is making, if Green was perceived to have the skills at 37 then teams might be interested in paying him what his salary is. Green is only our backup plan if Culpepper does not recover, which is very possible, thus explaining why we offered a seventh rounder and want him to make around 2 million. Not exactly what you offer for a starting QB. Basically the same offers they made to Frerotte and Harrington. I still say again what are we gaining by keeping Culpepper on the roster with or without green if he is done as you say. If message board fans such as us can figure out he is done we cannot count on Speilman to take him off our hands so Im sure that if he is done we wont get a trade. This all points to what has been said previous that Pepp will be here until we see if he is progressing and if he does he will be our starter.

I'm just going to shake my head. Doesn't really matter if I said half or "nearly" half, you made the judgement that the team couldn't afford to carry both Huard and Green with Huard's new contract and Green at a restructured one. The contract information that I presented to you shows they could've pending, AGAIN a restructure.

Tell yourself all you want to, Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson invited Green back to camp to compete for the starting job, but at a reduced price. This is fact, no matter how you continue to spin the argument that's always how it's going to be and has by spoken so been the parties involved. Do not begin to attempt to put words in their mouths are explain to us "what they really meant" because it's not rooted in anything but your spin.

Wow....all this debate over Trent Green. I think he has been talked about more now then he has in his whole career.

Tranz and dlocks are both making good points but are both one sided and don't even want to hear the others opinion. Remember thats all either of you are giving is an opinion. You ever thought Herm said he wants Green back just to try and get something out of him klnowing he is done. The same works for Pep...we will wait and see approach makes people think he may still be something.

Don't get so worked up over someones post. This is a game and you aren't even playing it. The Dolphins should make you happy to read about not get all ticked off. I wish we had a positive post day where every post made you like the Dolphins.

I'm just going to shake my head. Doesn't really matter if I said half or "nearly" half, you made the judgement that the team couldn't afford to carry both Huard and Green with Huard's new contract and Green at a restructured one. The contract information that I presented to you shows they could've pending, AGAIN a restructure.

Tell yourself all you want to, Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson invited Green back to camp to compete for the starting job, but at a reduced price. This is fact, no matter how you continue to spin the argument that's always how it's going to be and has by spoken so been the parties involved. Do not begin to attempt to put words in their mouths are explain to us "what they really meant" because it's not rooted in anything but your spin.

You just said it for yourself compete for the starting job, why all of a sudden is he having to compete for the starting job if his play has not dropped off. Should he not be an instant starter over a career backup and a second year player.

Back
Top Bottom