Trade up Ammo - QB needy teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade up Ammo - QB needy teams

I guess I just wanted to show what teams had in terms of ammo. If there is a bidding war, neither Carolina or LAC can offer 2 first round picks this year. For a team like Washington, they are trying to build in a certain window while they have a QB in a rookie contract. If they have to wait for compensation until 2021, now Haskins is in year 3 of a 5 year deal.

Suppose they try and top the offer I mentioned... They are already giving up a first this AND next year in addition to their 2nd and 3rd this year. They would have to give up their entire first three rounds for two years straight (and possibly more) to get a QB. I guess I just don't see them doing it.

Don't disagree. It all depends on how desperate a team is

Just what question do you think I asked? I didn't ask if we should trade up. I just showed what I thought it would cost and asked people thoughts on the compensation for the teams in play. I merely wanted to see the ammo each team had all in one spot to gauge how realistic it is for other teams to trade up.
Thanks for doing it, its the kind of thing you need to do manually so I appreciate the time you took. At the very least it provides a ball park.

The Dolphins are not trading up for anyone - full stop - period!!!
We will trade down tho and be fine.
I strongly believe a serious top talent QB will shake free anyhow.
Aaron Rodgers???
Wilson???
I’m fine going with Fitzpatrick.
Miami is like me do not overpay for ANYONE!!!!
I’m not worried about it at all tho because Flores only wants value...

I think it's going to take more than pick #5 and pick #18 to pull off this type of trade. The Redskins are in the drivers seat. They know teams are desperate. There was an article, I read online; in the past day or so, stating the Redskins know they can set their franchise up for the foreseeable future by trading the #2 pick for a boat load of picks. The Redskins aren't blind, knowing exactly what Miami has to potentially offer. They'll try and squeeze everything they can get out of any team. Hopefully Miami doesn't do anything like Jeff Ireland did when he was here. Picks and Money!!! Don't waste it? PLEASE!!!

F trading up..str8 up..pick the best with each pick

10th pick: Mahomes
12: Watson
2nd round: Garrapolo
3rd round: Wilson
2nd round: Brees
11th pick: Big Ben
4th round : Prescott

etc.

At this point Burrow looks like the only sure thing considering the matrix health/durability/ability/potential and the only one to even consider mortgaging the next few drafts to secure. At this point as far as Tua goes: if his durability ends up anything like Wentz's which to me is the closest comparison, thanks but no thanks

10th pick: Mahomes
12: Watson
2nd round: Garrapolo
3rd round: Wilson
2nd round: Brees
11th pick: Big Ben
4th round : Prescott

etc.

At this point Burrow looks like the only sure thing considering the matrix health/durability/ability/potential and the only one to even consider mortgaging the next few drafts to secure. At this point as far as Tua goes: if his durability ends up anything like Wentz's which to me is the closest comparison, thanks but no thanks
Now list all of the QBs drafted outside of the top 5 over the last 15 years and tell me the success % please.

I guess I just wanted to show what teams had in terms of ammo. If there is a bidding war, neither Carolina or LAC can offer 2 first round picks this year. For a team like Washington, they are trying to build in a certain window while they have a QB in a rookie contract. If they have to wait for compensation until 2021, now Haskins is in year 3 of a 5 year deal.

Suppose they try and top the offer I mentioned... They are already giving up a first this AND next year in addition to their 2nd and 3rd this year. They would have to give up their entire first three rounds for two years straight (and possibly more) to get a QB. I guess I just don't see them doing it.

carolina and the chargers could offer their #1s next year. People seem to be leaving that out.

what I don’t get is if any team moves up for a qb into the top 5 they are taking themselves essentially out of tbe 2021 top of the draft class at the position so why wouldnt they pony up their 1st rounder in 2021 to get it done.

they would.

hell a team like the chargers if they feel they are still contenders and won’t pick early again any time soon could pony up multiple future 1s even.

carolina and the chargers could offer their #1s next year. People seem to be leaving that out.

what I don’t get is if any team moves up for a qb into the top 5 they are taking themselves essentially out of tbe 2021 top of the draft class at the position so why wouldnt they pony up their 1st rounder in 2021 to get it done.

they would.
Yup, but any team is going to rather have an extra first rounder this year rather than next year. It's less valuable which is why we're still in the driver's seat.

It’s less valuable unless you compound it with other things. No doubt.

but giving up say their 1 this year and next and a sweetener future pick or 2 or even a sweetener pick this year or two I mean is easy to do. For a qb.

If you think pick 26 and 5 will trump anything someone else can offer yeah nope.

that pick 26 isn’t going far needle wise

Back
Top Bottom