Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us...

Predaphin said:
Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us....Although I'm happy with having Matt Roth on our team, I hated the fact that we traded away Surtain and now with Poole maybe gone for the year, I hate this move even more. This may have been the worse offseason move of the year and we may be in trouble at the CB position.

:shakeno: :shakeno:

If this was last seasons roster and we didnt have Surtain/Poole I would agree that we might be in trouble, but not with this seasons team! With J.T., Carter, Roth, Crowder, Seau, Thomas, Pope and Bua on the roster we're gonna get lots of pressure on opposing QB's which means our CB's wont have to be playmakers!

The no chuck rule hurts CB's like Surtain anyways...

DolphinDevil28 said:
I keep telling you guys, and I'll say it again.

You are going to love Travis Daniels. I'm not that worried about this.

Yes, it sucks that Poole got hurt, but it's not like it's going to kill the defense. Daniels knows the system and is a really good player.

:yes:

Predaphin said:
Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us....Although I'm happy with having Matt Roth on our team, I hated the fact that we traded away Surtain and now with Poole maybe gone for the year, I hate this move even more. This may have been the worse offseason move of the year and we may be in trouble at the CB position.

I swear some of you are never happy. How much can it come back and haunt us we were 4-12 for christ sake. If roth and taylor put pressure on the qb they aint going to have time to find an open receiver.:fire:

And the second guessing begins!

The beat writers will have a hay day with this. :shakeno:

Predaphin said:

That assumes that we have a chance to do something this year. With the cap relief and second round pick, we are much better off, looking several years down the road. I dont think we were one cornerback away from the promise land this year. Saban is looking long term, which in the nfl means 2 years from now.

Texphinphan

ohall said:
For all you know if Surtain was here he may have been the one that got injured.

The what if games are pointless IMO.

this post should close this thread right now...

OMG, are you kidding me with the "we're going to get lit up" talk? LMAO!!!!! I'm sure that because of the loss of one cornerback, we're going to go from stout and dominating to getting lit up.... LMAO. if that's the case, then our problems are bigger than just losing a CB. Please, get real! The fact is, NOBODY knows what our secondary with or without Poole is capable of. How about we give these guys a chance before we start with the, we'll get lit up talk? Are you telling me, that there is NOBODY out there in free agency that we can pick up that is as good as a second year player (first time in this system) is? Give Nick Saban more credit than that please!

Predaphin said:

I respectfully disagree. We are not Super Bowl contenders this year and maybe not even playoff contenders even with Surtain. He would be history after the season anyway. I can't understand why anyone would question the move now. :shakeno: :shakeno:

I agree, JC... the Cap $$ for future financial consideration was as important if not more important than anything concerning that trade. We probably would have lost him for no compensation next year... instead, we pickup a monster DE and clear $$... sorry, not buying that losing Poole after trading surtain is going to come back and haunt us..

JCfinfan said:
I respectfully disagree. We are not Super Bowl contenders this year and maybe not even playoff contenders even with Surtain. He would be history after the season anyway. I can't understand why anyone would question the move now. :shakeno: :shakeno:

The same way they question the Feeley move when it was beyond question that we had to make an upgrade at QB [nevermind he produced the best of any FA QB that was available]; the Boston move when everyone couldn't believe we picked him up for a 6th and incentive/min salary; the Carey move when the 95% of the board knew we had to get OL with UM homers screaming for Carey; the RW deal (nevermind 95% soundly supported 2 #1 in light of the production he provided); the Ogun deal when he was going to sit out for 10 games then leave, with us receiving nothing .... It goes on and on and on with these bunch of nancy, after the fact GMs around here.

There was no choice but to deal Surtain. He was too expensive to keep. We got the best of that deal regardless.

Poole's situation is completely independent, however sad.

Predaphin said:
No Safties, No Surtain and now no Poole...we are in trouble....our Defensive scheme can only do so much, we will have to rely on getting to the QB quick, hopefully picking Roth will pay off in the end.

If Saban intends to run man coverage on every play then yeah, we are in trouble. If he intends to use a lot of zone coverages then Howard will do fine...probably better than Poole would have.

We can still sign someone after June 1st also, we have cap space. This isnt the end of the world people

Back
Top Bottom