Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us...

KChiefs1 said:
Surtain was just on NFL Network's Total Access & he is a very impressive guy!

He said he hopes the Dolphin fans don't boo him when the Chiefs play the Dolphins in week 7. He said he'll miss his buddy Sam Madison too.

Great Interview!

Its not like he left on bad terms.

I sure as hell wont be booing him!

Predaphin said:
Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us....Although I'm happy with having Matt Roth on our team, I hated the fact that we traded away Surtain and now with Poole maybe gone for the year, I hate this move even more. This may have been the worse offseason move of the year and we may be in trouble at the CB position.

36_1_46-1.gif
36_1_46-1.gif
I guess we'll find out but I am not ready to be so negative about it. We won't find an equal replacement for Surtain, but I think we still will end up with somebody who is more than adequate. We did get some defensive help also in Roth with the Surtain pick.

Originally Posted by KChiefs1
Surtain was just on NFL Network's Total Access & he is a very impressive guy!

He said he hopes the Dolphin fans don't boo him when the Chiefs play the Dolphins in week 7. He said he'll miss his buddy Sam Madison too.

If i was there i would give the guy a standing ovation assumin he was introduced. He gave the franchise soo much.

Great Interview!

better getting ROTH and lots of cap space for surtain this year instead of getting absolute CRAP next year.

Unfortunately, it had to be done. He's a class act and I would never boo a guy like that. I do hope he doesn't play well against us though. :wink:

Pat was a great player for us, but we didn't have any choice. It was either hang on to him for the year and try to win it all (which was very doubtful) and get nothing in return for him, or get some value for the future. I think it was a pretty easy choice for Saban. I hated to see Pat go, but it's the reality of the salary cap era.

Predaphin said:
Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us....Although I'm happy with having Matt Roth on our team, I hated the fact that we traded away Surtain and now with Poole maybe gone for the year, I hate this move even more. This may have been the worse offseason move of the year and we may be in trouble at the CB position.

36_1_46-1.gif
36_1_46-1.gif

don't start this crap. things need to be made for a team to move on, and trading surtain was an obvious one for cap purposes. he's not on our team. deal with it.

I think surtain is a good corner, I seen him on Nfl total access he seems like a stand up guy he also siad he plays you guys in week 6 I think he said he hopes he doesnt get bood.

Shifty187 said:
Its not like he left on bad terms.

I sure as hell wont be booing him!

On the contrary, I hope everyone claps for Surtain when we play him.

Do you think surtain can cover Moss or porter or make a tackle on Lamont, just wondering I havent really payed to much attention to him.

As many have eluded to it was a fiscal move, not one on talent. The cap space was the most important part of the deal. However, losing him even with the injury isn't going to kill us. I think most of us on here are hoping for a .500 season. With the pressure we should be getting on the QB we no longer need a 6 million dollar shut down corner. Come on, how many games did our 6 million dollar man win for us last year? I can't see how we will be any worse off without him than we were from a performance perspective.

Oaklandraider said:
Do you think surtain can cover Moss or porter or make a tackle on Lamont, just wondering I havent really payed to much attention to him.

Not just yes ... but OH HELL YES

Predaphin said:

36_1_46-1.gif
36_1_46-1.gif

Yeah, and Marino getting old will come back to haunt us...

Oh,that happened already....Look, this move was one that had to be made to make us more competitive. You can't forsee injuries. You can look at it as the worst offseason move, but so was the RW retirement last year ?? Out of our control and not how you plan to become a winner again. Besides, where you are missing things is that keeping Sam would have completely kabashed (sp) any chance of improving the team between now and the start of the season (due to salary cap reasons).

Predaphin said:

36_1_46-1.gif
36_1_46-1.gif

The move won't come back to haunt us because it simply had to be done.
Keeping Surtain would have been something Wanny would have done.

Be thankful that we now have a coach that understands how to keep a team competitive. With the salary cap you are going to have to trade good players away before they become free agents so you can make sure you get something in return for that player's loss. Saban is smart enough to realize that and now we have a young DE that could turn into a great player in the future. If we kept Surtain this year sure our secondary would be better next year but we would have mortgaged the future of the team even more by losing Surtain with no compensation after the year.

Trading Surtain was a great move.

Predaphin said:

36_1_46-1.gif
36_1_46-1.gif

Hindsight is 20/20...

...but STILL a good trade for the FUTURE of this team.

Back
Top Bottom