Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us...

Wagon Circler said:
You guys traded Surtain for Matt Roth. I wouldn't really call that a good move.

you just proved how narrow-minded and ignorant you are with this post. I wouldnt call that a good move

that was an ignorant statement, but to say we would have lost him next year and got nothing is also ignorant. If he played well and Saban wanted to keep him he would have franchised him.

You guys traded Surtain for Matt Roth. I wouldn't really call that a good move.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:sneak:

Chiefs fans after the Surtain trade.....:party:

Predaphin said:
Trading Surtain may come back to haunt us....Although I'm happy with having Matt Roth on our team, I hated the fact that we traded away Surtain and now with Poole maybe gone for the year, I hate this move even more. This may have been the worse offseason move of the year and we may be in trouble at the CB position.

36_1_46-1.gif
36_1_46-1.gif

Well maybe this year -- but not long term. He couldn't have that big of a cap hit. Roth will never exceed Surtain, but the cap space long term will be better for the team. That is why the deal was done...

I dont think we were one cornerback away from the promise land this year.

That's exactly why this trade works out for both teams. This was a win/win for the Chiefs & Dolphins. There was no way that the Chiefs were going to get one of the three CB's in the draft & there was no way the Chiefs could have gotten a player of Surtain's quality in the second round & there was no way a player picked in the second round was going to help the Chiefs the way Surtain will this year.

Surtain was a missing piece of the puzzle for the Chiefs & Vermeil's Super Bowl run this year.

Wagon Circler said:
Oh, please.

ill take tht back. I shouldnt call u a troll no matter how much u get on my nerves:tongue: .

With that being said...i hate the bills. They stink.:D

KChiefs1 said:
That's exactly why this trade works out for both teams. This was a win/win for the Chiefs & Dolphins. There was no way that the Chiefs were going to get one of the three CB's in the draft & there was no way the Chiefs could have gotten a player of Surtain's quality in the second round & there was no way a player picked in the second round was going to help the Chiefs the way Surtain will this year.

Surtain was a missing piece of the puzzle for the Chiefs & Vermeil's Super Bowl run this year.

Exactly. It sure took long enuff, but it proved to be beneficial for both teams.

Surtains cap would of killed us. We probably would of had to cut some ppl just to sign Ronnie Brown. And also we got a young firey DE.

Without Surtain ur secondary would be shredded. You now have a CB who altho isnt quite on the same level, can hang in wit Moss for the most part.

Predaphin said:
Well, just be ready fellas, teams are going to be able to light us up like the 4th of July....I said it before and I'll say it again.

You have no clue on what you are talking about. Nick defense is not predicated on one single player. He uses all 11 of them for his multiple schemes. We are light up by any team, because our D is going to confuse them with our different packages..Watch is going to be the most fun you have had in a long time watching this new Defense..No more, just man press for 20 games a year, it's now going to be an arsenal of different coverages, blitzes, stunts, and the kitchen sink..

If you wanted to keep Surtain this year, we will just be hearing next year how we should have got something for him before he just leaves.

Surtain was just on NFL Network's Total Access & he is a very impressive guy!

He said he hopes the Dolphin fans don't boo him when the Chiefs play the Dolphins in week 7. He said he'll miss his buddy Sam Madison too.

Great Interview!

Back
Top Bottom