Training Camp Updates - Day 7 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day 7

Don't pay any attention to those people. They don't know what they're talking about.

Just put 'em on ignore so we don't have to keep reading even more predictable messages from posters who absolutely can't stand it when other posters are right, and refuse to offer up praise or recognition when it's due. Some folks certainly do have rather obvious patterns regarding their observations.

It has nothing to do with second guessing when it's said from the outset. No one is wrong all the time either.

Fact is, there's a problem within the workings of your favorite team when it comes to offensive line evaluation. I think I know what the problem is. There's still a rat running around in the organization my friend.

So your not a fan of Grier perhaps?

It be aweful nice to see both Calhoun and Deiter lock down the OG position. With Googs leading the way, I like their chances. Needham and Hartage seem to be making headway, those backup players from last year, should start to worry. Both look to be getting heavy development from this coaching staff? As for Williams, I'd be stunned if he doesn't make the final 53. If all of these early camp surprises continue to show through, that be an awesome boon for the team moving forward, considering how much they are trying to accomplish during this current rebuild.

You talking about the late round CB's we took
Davis and Armstrong
Neither of them got a chance to ride with the 1st team

You talking about the late round CB's we took
Davis and Armstrong
Neither of them got a chance to ride with the 1st team

Armstrong is a bit too raw for what Boyer will ask him to do. Would not shocked if he and McTyer (and Tank) are gone. Davis has a chance

I'm excited to see what they do on defense. It sounds more and more like we're moving away from the "this is our defense, this is what we do, everyone do your job" mentality that has been so prevalent the past few years, to more of a multi-look, attack the weakness of the opponent philosophy.

In the press conference yesterday, someone asked Flores about how the edge rushers where doing. He responds by naming DEs, LBs, corners, safeties, and damn near everyone else on the defense. To me, this confirms the multiple look approach.

Part of the problem last year was some WEREN'T doing their job or, worse, didn't know their job

I mean the Davis approach (young, talented but less rated for whatever reasons) clearly has been better than the lets get the career backup/fill in starter/over the hill stsrter (Larsen, Mills, Reed, whoever else over the years).

The fear of the young guy making the bigger mistake at a higher clip I get, but if he is more consistent and with a chance to significantly improve then its a risk you have to take if you arent into investing high end picks on the line.

And everyone expects a rough 1st 4-6 games.

The person manning the 3ypc account and watching Josh Rosen in practice...had Josh Rosen as his 2nd favorite quarterback in the 2018 draft behind Baker Mayfield.

We call things like we see them, when we see them.

But some people can't handle disagreement, and thus they start making accusations of "bias". And then they get in threads like these and lie, to where posters like ChrisTRD and dirkey are being misled and manipulated. Sucks, but it is what it is.
I like being manipulated. In a Robert Kraft kind of way.

Not misled. Never misled.

[QUOTE="hoops, post: 7949940, member: 31383"]I usually find the camp hot takes don’t add up to a hill of beans once we start playing preseason games.

Last year Tory mctyer was a stud then the preseason came and I was like uhh jag

Unfortunately this is all we have to go off of right now. Won’t be long before I can see them for myself and I won’t even care what the media takes are.

Not to mention live real time looks aren’t the easiest to get right period. Add in 100 degree heat and being field level you can miss a lot[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows a day starts with the coaches having specific goals - 'let's get Williams a lot of balls,' let's see what Deiter can do in blitz pickup,' 'let's get Blacknal some reps.' That's the weakness of reports. Without knowing the goals of practice, it's hard to read what some moves mean. Why is a QB favoring one receiver even if he's covered? why is player A now opposite X? I like the reports, but place little value on the editorials.

For McTyer, and I may be misremembering, but I felt the story last year was more about him not sucking in camo while Tank and Lippett were awful

Was it you or j-off that had a 3rd round grade on him

I didn't catch him until after the draft, but once Miami signed him, I did mention that he had a closer physical profile to Mason and Thuney than the rest of the OG options, and I thought he looked more like a Day 3 guy than an UDFA.

I'm not an OL coach but sometimes I do believe Shaq Calhoun needs to shoot his hands faster and keep his eyes up when he's releasing on a run block, maybe see things and anticipate movements better. But he's got that real wide, square build with the long arms and the fast feet, which immediately gives you a trustworthy pass protector. They can work with him on the other stuff, especially as he moves well enough for it.

Regardless of who likes who and who might or might not have an agenda, I'm still glad people are posting what they see at camp. Soon enough we'll be able to see for ourselves who's playing well and who's not but for now I'm happy to at least hear what people see out there so thank you to all of you who are posting.

Back
Top Bottom