Training Camp Updates - Day 7 | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day 7

Patriots only sit in Base defense like 15% of the time. They go to a Dime or even Quarter defense something like 35% of the time.

And yes they've even been known to drop into a Half-Dollar defense with 8 DBs. Though it's pretty rare.

The defense is pretty modular, though. So using an 8-DB package in practice could have as much to do with getting certain players the reps they need in certain alignments/assignments, and not worrying about whether the sub package is actually the most effective thing to be putting on the field against the offense, or whether they're actually going to use much 8-DB stuff during the season.

The defense is essentially position-less.

I’ve already forgotten about tank. Anything we get there would be bonus.

I think he’s not long from a turk visit unless the depth options look terrible. Probably regardless

I've moved on from him as well (I say as if my opinion matters).

Montre Hartage is a safety, so it's Walt Aikens or Maurice Smith job he is after

Saw someplace where they have a package with like 4 safeties on the field at one time.

It seems like they have alot of safety types compared to corners. (Especially thin at boundary)

The person manning the 3ypc account and watching Josh Rosen in practice...had Josh Rosen as his 2nd favorite quarterback in the 2018 draft behind Baker Mayfield.

We call things like we see them, when we see them.

But some people can't handle disagreement, and thus they start making accusations of "bias". And then they get in threads like these and lie, to where posters like ChrisTRD and dirkey are being misled and manipulated. Sucks, but it is what it is.

As a person who actually did their Masters Thesis on whether or not sports journalism is a viable source of news, I will say this: it is virtually impossible to report on something with zero bias. It is important a lot of times for a reporter to self-police on that.

However, with social media, that is ALSO next to impossible, as reports are nearly instantaneous now.

I will say that there have been a couple 3YPC tweets during TC that made me tilt my head, because they did seem biased against Rosen. I'm aware that positives have been reported, but there have been a few tweets that seemed reported *differently,* the language used, etc. And that's okay...because, again, it's almost impossible to not process things through our own mental filters...both when things are written and when they're read.

Is Jason Sanders still on the team? I haven’t even seen a tweet about him since TC started. Usually someone is tallying the makes/misses, so either the TC coverage is so ate up with the other team struggles that they’ve willfully ignored the kicking game or Sanders has been so accurate that there’s nothing to report.

Is Jason Sanders still on the team? I haven’t even seen a tweet about him since TC started. Usually someone is tallying the makes/misses, so either the TC coverage is so ate up with the other team struggles that they’ve willfully ignored the kicking game or Sanders has been so accurate that there’s nothing to report.

Very little reported on ST, except some of the gunners or punt fielders..

I thought Alf did a good job and I posted most of his tweets, all kidding aside.
I don't have to post the tweets was just trying to help out.
I thought I posted an equal amount negative and positive about both QB's
At one point Fitzpatrick was ahead and still may be but Rosen did seem to get better

I thought Alf did a good job and I posted most of his tweets, all kidding aside.
At one point Fitzpatrick was ahead and still may be but Rosen did seem to get better

Why you so worried about it? Just keep doing you.

kinda seemed that way to me also, that Rosen stared to get a little better. I still expect very inconsistent play from both honestly.

As a person who actually did their Masters Thesis on whether or not sports journalism is a viable source of news, I will say this: it is virtually impossible to report on something with zero bias. It is important a lot of times for a reporter to self-police on that.

However, with social media, that is ALSO next to impossible, as reports are nearly instantaneous now.

I will say that there have been a couple 3YPC tweets during TC that made me tilt my head, because they did seem biased against Rosen. I'm aware that positives have been reported, but there have been a few tweets that seemed reported *differently,* the language used, etc. And that's okay...because, again, it's almost impossible to not process things through our own mental filters...both when things are written and when they're read.
Thats pretty fair IMO, I dont think they're going out of their way to **** on Rosen, as even the HC flat out said Fitzpatrick is by far leading the QB competition. There's still some bias in the way they report it but I mean, everyone does that, pro or not...
But some people can't handle disagreement
giphy.gif

According to the official site, he’s the only kicker on the camp roster. So I guess they feel pretty good about him.

Back
Top Bottom