Training Camp Updates - Day 7 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day 7

Chris Perkins
@chrisperk

1st DL has remained consistent today...DTs Wilkins and Godchaux, DEs Carradine and Harris
1st OL has remained consistent today...C Kilgore, LG Deiter, LT Tunsil, RG Calhoun, RT Davis

Isaiah Prince even gotten a rep at all in camp? That was Grier's draft pick.

Wasn't Needham one of the UDFA's who some thought had a real chance to make the team?

Calhoun and Deiter have apparently been taking predominantly 1st team snaps at the OG positions. Good to see.

I mean the Davis approach (young, talented but less rated for whatever reasons) clearly has been better than the lets get the career backup/fill in starter/over the hill stsrter (Larsen, Mills, Reed, whoever else over the years).

The fear of the young guy making the bigger mistake at a higher clip I get, but if he is more consistent and with a chance to significantly improve then its a risk you have to take if you arent into investing high end picks on the line.

I mean the Davis approach (young, talented but less rated for whatever reasons) clearly has been better than the lets get the career backup/fill in starter/over the hill stsrter (Larsen, Mills, Reed, whoever else over the years).

The fear of the young guy making the bigger mistake at a higher clip I get, but if he is more consistent and with a chance to significantly improve then its a risk you have to take if you arent into investing high end picks on the line.
I agree 100% and is the reason why I love Coach Googs, he's willing to take chances with young guys he thinks have talent. As for Davis, always thought he had a better RT makeup than RG.

Back
Top Bottom