Training Camp Updates - Day 7 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day 7

Where is Taylor? I havent heard is name much on the Dline. He hurt?

We all have opinions/agendas, but I don't think it's really fair to cast doubt on there's unless you've seen something yourself to give you reason to.

I mean I feel like they want to be more than the average fan so having an agenda right now IMO is extremely petty and unprofessional.

When you say “Rosen may complete 400 passs to backs” that is an opinion and its fine. But emphasizing Rosen coming in for two meaningless reps . . . .that seems agenda driven, especially when there is no clue on what is being asked in those reps. Report on the play and move on.

We get people want him to be flashy like Fitzpatick on camp day 7 and maybe Rosen looks boring in comparison right now . . . But there is still a hell of a lot of “unseen” from Rosen at age 22 . . . where we have seen pretty much everything from Fitzpatrick in his career.

Bu sometime folks “need a credibility win” (Omar Kelly) and this is their horse right now to lead em to it.

Good luck

some folks have rather obvious "patterns" regarding their crit, feedback, observations etc.

Some folks always lob pot shots at Grier. Others against Rosen. And so on.

What bothers me is the predictability of their "message" coupled with an inability

(refusal) to offer up praise or recognition when it's due. That IMO defines a negative agenda.

No one is right all the time. And its way to easy to second guess everything

that seems less than ideal -- especially in the short term.

Don't pay any attention to those people. They don't know what they're talking about.

Just put 'em on ignore so we don't have to keep reading even more predictable messages from posters who absolutely can't stand it when other posters are right, and refuse to offer up praise or recognition when it's due. Some folks certainly do have rather obvious patterns regarding their observations.

It has nothing to do with second guessing when it's said from the outset. No one is wrong all the time either.

Fact is, there's a problem within the workings of your favorite team when it comes to offensive line evaluation. I think I know what the problem is. There's still a rat running around in the organization my friend.

I mean I feel like they want to be more than the average fan so having an agenda right now IMO is extremely petty and unprofessional.

When you say “Rosen may complete 400 passs to backs” that is an opinion and its fine. But emphasizing Rosen coming in for two meaningless reps . . . .that seems agenda driven, especially when there is no clue on what is being asked in those reps. Report on the play and move on.

We get people want him to be flashy like Fitzpatick on camp day 7 and maybe Rosen looks boring in comparison right now . . . But there is still a hell of a lot of “unseen” from Rosen at age 22 . . . where we have seen pretty much everything from Fitzpatrick in his career.

Bu sometime folks “need a credibility win” (Omar Kelly) and this is their horse right now to lead em to it.

Good luck

Plus Fitz has always been boom or bust

Don't pay any attention to those people. They don't know what they're talking about.

Just put 'em on ignore so we don't have to keep reading even more predictable messages from posters who absolutely can't stand it when other posters are right, and refuse to offer up praise or recognition when it's due. Some folks certainly do have rather obvious patterns regarding their observations.

It has nothing to do with second guessing when it's said from the outset. No one is wrong all the time either.

Fact is, there's a problem within the workings of your favorite team when it comes to offensive line evaluation. I think I know what the problem is. There's still a rat running around in the organization my friend.

Fair enough. And of course there will always be differing opinions and/or conclusions relative to ones particular perspective or knowledge base. Most fans lack the essential background to be pretend GM gurus or certified talent evaluators -- but that doesn’t stop a lot of us from trying!

My point is more basic. Folks tend to get really dug in regarding their take on things and pretty much tailor their posted content to underscore/affirm their position. Yea, it's an open board so I guess that's OK to do. But sometimes, especially when many are just trying to enjoy the possibility of having an upside -- the constant negative drum beat is kind of invasive.

Regarding the OL and talent evaluation -- I was quite happy about the FO additions Grier brought in (McKenzie and Allen) -- in part because those dudes have had some successes identifying OL talent. I hope they make a positive difference. Time will tell. And I know some folks around here are down on Prince, and he certainly hasn't proven much of anything yet. Maybe he never will. But as a FAN of the team, and as someone who would like to maintain a positive attitude towards the team (at least for the short term while this new staff etc. has an opportunity to fully implement their solution), I'm choosing to focus on upward possibilities and not past failures. It's a new day. If we see it that way. Otherwise, IMO, it's kind of silly to consider yourself a fan if your take is negatively slanted.

Last, from a personal perspective, I greatly appreciate the immense work and content you generate by (I have to assume) watching oodles and oodles of film. I'm in no position to really evaluate what you do -- but I find it immensely impressive and WAY BEYOND the scope of an average fan. So yea -- I'm sure you know far more in terms of college talent and projections than like 99% of us based on that activity.

But just for $hits and giggles -- maybe you could be a tad less proactive in busting our bubbles on the players we have drafted? Ya know -- reminding us they're inferior prospects (for whatever reason) before they really have a chance to develop.

I think we're in for a few positive surprises and I'll leave it at that.

Cheers!

:)

My agenda is watching a winning football team. if QB X strolled in tomorrow and was better than Rosen or Fitz I'd be thrilled and would not hold out up on being right about one of the other guys. Funny thing is I bet there would be upset posters who would do just that.

Im saying you don't have any reason to say that's not their agenda as well and they just don't think Rosen is showing enough for that to happen

some folks have rather obvious "patterns" regarding their crit, feedback, observations etc.

Some folks always lob pot shots at Grier. Others against Rosen. And so on.

What bothers me is the predictability of their "message" coupled with an inability

(refusal) to offer up praise or recognition when it's due. That IMO defines a negative agenda.

No one is right all the time. And its way to easy to second guess everything

that seems less than ideal -- especially in the short term.

Agreed, but what do you expect? If someone holds an opinion its not exactly crazy they express it. All im saying is it's worthless to just point out "their agenda" unless you have facts to disprove it

Fair enough. And of course there will always be differing opinions and/or conclusions relative to ones particular perspective or knowledge base. Most fans lack the essential background to be pretend GM gurus or certified talent evaluators -- but that doesn’t stop a lot of us from trying!

My point is more basic. Folks tend to get really dug in regarding their take on things and pretty much tailor their posted content to underscore/affirm their position. Yea, it's an open board so I guess that's OK to do. But sometimes, especially when many are just trying to enjoy the possibility of having an upside -- the constant negative drum beat is kind of invasive.

Regarding the OL and talent evaluation -- I was quite happy about the FO additions Grier brought in (McKenzie and Allen) -- in part because those dudes have had some successes identifying OL talent. I hope they make a positive difference. Time will tell. And I know some folks around here are down on Prince, and he certainly hasn't proven much of anything yet. Maybe he never will. But as a FAN of the team, and as someone who would like to maintain a positive attitude towards the team (at least for the short term while this new staff etc. has an opportunity to fully implement their solution), I'm choosing to focus on upward possibilities and not past failures. It's a new day. If we see it that way. Otherwise, IMO, it's kind of silly to consider yourself a fan if your take is negatively slanted.

Last, from a personal perspective, I greatly appreciate the immense work and content you generate by (I have to assume) watching oodles and oodles of film. I'm in no position to really evaluate what you do -- but I find it immensely impressive and WAY BEYOND the scope of an average fan. So yea -- I'm sure you know far more in terms of college talent and projections than like 99% of us based on that activity.

But just for $hits and giggles -- maybe you could be a tad less proactive in busting our bubbles on the players we have drafted? Ya know -- reminding us they're inferior prospects (for whatever reason) before they really have a chance to develop.

I think we're in for a few positive surprises and I'll leave it at that.

Cheers!

:)

I just wanted to know if he had gotten a rep. That's all.

Good luck

It's one thing to have an agenda, it's another to have an agenda just to have one. No one is showing why their "agenda" is wrong or that it's based on nothing but personal bias instead of legitimate observation

Back
Top Bottom