Training Camp Updates - Day 7 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day 7

I mean the Davis approach (young, talented but less rated for whatever reasons) clearly has been better than the lets get the career backup/fill in starter/over the hill stsrter (Larsen, Mills, Reed, whoever else over the years).

The fear of the young guy making the bigger mistake at a higher clip I get, but if he is more consistent and with a chance to significantly improve then its a risk you have to take if you arent into investing high end picks on the line.

Getting a journeyman is fine if you are doing it for depth/mentor purpose. The old idea of paying for a journeyman expecting him to be a full time starter and be fine though is an issue. Bringing a guy like Chris Reed in to compete for a starting spot but be a backup on cheap? Not bad. Paying an over the hill Daryn Coolidge/Tyson Clabo/Marc Columbo starter money and not having a back up play? Bad. Overpaying for Shelly Smtih and Ted Larsen and expecting them to be good starters? Also bad

EA5MYhAX4AATvS6

A man determined to get his money's worth - Travis

We all have opinions/agendas, but I don't think it's really fair to cast doubt on there's unless you've seen something yourself to give you reason to.

My agenda is watching a winning football team. if QB X strolled in tomorrow and was better than Rosen or Fitz I'd be thrilled and would not hold out up on being right about one of the other guys. Funny thing is I bet there would be upset posters who would do just that.

In the 6th though lol I wouldn't expect much

Spending a draft pick on a kid shows they targeted you, even on the 3rd day of the draft. They spent a draft pick on him for a reason. It could've went towards hundreds of other prospects. Grier chose to spend it on Prince for a reason.

I'm wondering if he's gotten a rep in camp. There's teenage girls that were selling popcorn in movie theaters getting starting reps on this offensive line.

Spending a draft pick on a kid shows they targeted you, even on the 3rd day of the draft. They spent a draft pick on him for a reason. It could've went towards hundreds of other prospects. Grier chose to spend it on Prince for a reason.

I'm wondering if he's gotten a rep in camp. There's teenage girls that were selling popcorn in movie theaters getting starting reps on this offensive line.

He has gotten reps, second and third teams, but I believe you are referring to first team run and I have not seen or heard anything in that regards.

We all have opinions/agendas, but I don't think it's really fair to cast doubt on there's unless you've seen something yourself to give you reason to.

some folks have rather obvious "patterns" regarding their crit, feedback, observations etc.

Some folks always lob pot shots at Grier. Others against Rosen. And so on.

What bothers me is the predictability of their "message" coupled with an inability

(refusal) to offer up praise or recognition when it's due. That IMO defines a negative agenda.

No one is right all the time. And its way to easy to second guess everything

that seems less than ideal -- especially in the short term.

some folks have rather obvious "patterns" regarding their crit, feedback, observations etc.

Some folks always lob pot shots at Grier. Others against Rosen. And so on.

What bothers me is the predictability of their "message" coupled with an inability

(refusal) to offer up praise or recognition when it's due. That IMO defines a negative agenda.

No one is right all the time. And its way to easy to second guess everything

that seems less than ideal -- especially in the short term.

Well if you're a Dolphins fan and you care about being right go negative and you'll easily do it. Not real impressive but history backs it up unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom