Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

The guys still pretty young and raw. I'll never be upset with taking a chance on a young QB. God knows we should have taken a lot more chances on QBs in the past.
I understand and believe the Dolphins thought they'd be getting a player they could mold. I just didn't feel Rosen, like others have. But like you said, " You have to take a chance". I'm accepting the fate of a losing season and a new franchise QB being drafted in 2020. In spite of the Rosen, chance!!

As CK pointed out, Rosen doesn't seem to have the mental fortitude to want to succeed. He strikes me as a guy, who'd prefer to chill out, playing nerf football on the beach, than a guy who loves professional football. His talent is being wasted. And he's the only one to blame. Certainly talented, but just doesn't seem to want it.
To early to tell what Rosen is or isn't

To early to tell what Rosen is or isn't

I agree but this is a delicate game miamis playing. Hedging bets is fine but if the beard produces too many wins miamis not gonna have the pick of the litter at qb next year.

I will gladly sign up for 0 and 16 to have top pick right now. That wins stuff to establish culture yada yada stuff doesn’t mean squat to me unless I have a qb.

I agree but this is a delicate game miamis playing. Hedging bets is fine but if the beard produces too many wins miamis not gonna have the pick of the litter at qb next year.

I will gladly sign up for 0 and 16 to have top pick right now. That wins stuff to establish culture yada yada stuff doesn’t mean squat to me unless I have a qb.
That's just a shitty way to run a football team.

Thought he had a long way to go

He does in terms of doing it against guys who can play in the NFL. Terrill Hanks and Poling aren't those guys.

However, pulling is the one thing he was already experienced at and everybody knew he could do. What it signifies to me is a change in the scheme up front. Pulling guards are a staple of a more power based scheme. As opposed to whatever the prior coach was doing.

The key is going to be how he holds up in pass protection - and against the caliber of guys he's going to see along the defensive line every week in the NFL. You can't have him out there doing this:

Wow! I would have NEVER gotten that from your prior posts!

:shame:

This question is to you, @ckparrothead what happens if you get the #1 overall pick and Tua decides not to come out?

Building the program has to come first. Like I said in an earlier post IMO if Josh Rosen doesn't show enough in practice to overtake a career journeyman backup we are pumping a dry well. Good in games, bad in practice is a fairy tale. The staff will play the better QB to build the program. If it's Fitz he will eventually falter and they'll make the switch. It will be disappointing if that takes too long because Fitz is legitimately better.
Fitz is a known commodity. (Actually, he is two known commodities-- "Good Fitz," and "Bad Fitz.") Rosen is an unknown commodity. So, it's a little early to declare Fitz "legitimately better," no?

Back
Top Bottom