Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

The best 3 QB's in this league were obtained via a 6th rounder, a top 25 pick and free agency. A top 5 pick is not the only way to obtain a QB.
It may not be the only way, but it's a pretty damn good way. A lot better odds than waiting around to take one with pick #199 or hoping one finds their way to free agency which would consume a significant amount of the team's salary cap.

This question is to you, @ckparrothead what happens if you get the #1 overall pick and Tua decides not to come out?

Cross that bridge when we get there, because we have to find out who DID come out, and we have to see what they've done in 2019 to bolster their resume.

Where was Kyler Murray a year before he became the #1 overall pick? Yet, he looks superb in Cardinals camp. He's gonna be really good.

First blush though, in YOUR scenario, that would mean the 2021 draft looks stacked as hell, as it should contain both Tua and Trevor. One of those picks should be open for trading. Which means that trading down from #1 overall in 2020 in order to pick up a huge basket of assets, could work out.

But I'm pretty certain the Dolphins would just sit tight and take Justin Herbert in your scenario.

Sounds like Miami luck

That's exactly what would happen to the Dolphins. Point being, you can't play to go 0-16 and then expect to be taken seriously as a team, organization, coaching staff going forward.
If anything the previous drafts have proven you can find a pretty good QB outside of the #1 overall pick.

I think it was Alf who pointed out he is a terrible thrower on the run, with this offensive line he is going to have to, so we need to develop that skill and get him a better offensive line. Makes very little sense to me to put him out there when we know he will fail.

That doesn't mean he is bad just means he need to develop

Want a new QB next year get one, he has to prove he deserves to start as well

That's exactly what would happen to the Dolphins. Point being, you can't play to go 0-16 and then expect to be taken seriously as a team, organization, coaching staff going forward.
If anything the previous drafts have proven you can find a pretty good QB outside of the #1 overall pick.

I just don’t agree with that. I want the pick of the litter. 0 and 16 all day long if it gives me it. Although if tua doesn’t come out it would be very disappointing

Cross that bridge when we get there, because we have to find out who DID come out, and we have to see what they've done in 2019 to bolster their resume.

Where was Kyler Murray a year before he became the #1 overall pick? Yet, he looks superb in Cardinals camp. He's gonna be really good.

First blush though, in YOUR scenario, that would mean the 2021 draft looks stacked as hell, as it should contain both Tua and Trevor. One of those picks should be open for trading. Which means that trading down from #1 overall in 2020 in order to pick up a huge basket of assets, could work out.

But I'm pretty certain the Dolphins would just sit tight and take Justin Herbert in your scenario.

Ideal scenario, as you've stated, would be to get a whole lotta picks and get one of the stellar Qb in the next years draft.
Not sure where J.Herbert will get selected. But I'm not leaving that draft without taking a chance on a QB.

Bottomline,It's going to be interesting!

Who starts at QB means almost nothing this season. There are only three outcomes...

Rosen Starts and plays well...you have your QB
Rosen starts and plays bad, you go find a QB
Fitz Starts...you go find a QB

This season means nothing for you but speak for yourself. Maybe Fitzpatrick can be another Trent Dilfer on a 1 year rental. Who knows...

If you have the top pick you aren’t gonna have to part with all those present and future assets to get there.

It only cost you #1 overall. And yes I see that as ideal.

You get closer to pick 5 to make a move it’s gonna cost you out the nose to go get a qb. They aren’t gonna just give it to you.

I’d like to keep and be able to use as many of those draft assets for players to help build my football team with.

Not cause I won a couple more meaningless games.

I mean who really cares what the perception of this team would be if we went 0-16. Browns were a dumpster fire for 5-10 years. Now they have a QB and are the media darlings. Think the Colts and their fans were heartbroken when they had to draft Luck? Think they would do that 1-15 season over again?

I think you can keep taking shots on goal without necessarily forcing anything.

But next year there will be some significant talents available in Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, and Jake Fromm, as well as some X-Factor guy who always shows up (Desmond Ridder? Jacob Eason? Jarrett Guarantano?)

Right now that's my mindset, even if Tua is ruled out for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom