Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

Jake Fromm seems like a NE type at qb.

I see him in play with Herbert right there.

I don't want either, but with qbs nothing is certain and the ones you think will be good won't and vice versa

He does in terms of doing it against guys who can play in the NFL. Terrill Hanks and Poling aren't those guys.

However, pulling is the one thing he was already experienced at and everybody knew he could do. What it signifies to me is a change in the scheme up front. Pulling guards are a staple of a more power based scheme. As opposed to whatever the prior coach was doing.

The key is going to be how he holds up in pass protection - and against the caliber of guys he's going to see along the defensive line every week in the NFL. You can't have him out there doing this:

I know you watch all the tape year after year so you've seen Michael Deiter during the year he played Center. Did you have thoughts?

Only time I saw anything unique was watching how his length worked in his favor as a Center during that year. I liked his showing against LSU.

I'm praying for Trevor, but I know Miami will never be that lucky to get that kind of player and kid.

We'll draft Fromm or Herbert and be back here 5 years later while Tua and Trevor are breaking records and challenging Mahomes for MVP every year.

I’m probably just much higher on tua as a pro relative to the rest of next years class options and feeling like he’s a lock #1 overall pick if he comes out than some of you.

Which I’m fine with.

I think he’s a more accurate pocket passer and downfield and placement version of Steve young

And he thinks long to short mentality wise which I think matters and like

Last edited:
E648C893-1D30-4293-BF94-6E5534CFE84B.jpeg
I'm praying for Trevor, but I know Miami will never be that lucky to get that kind of player and kid.

We'll draft Fromm or Herbert and be back here 5 years later while Tua and Trevor are breaking records and challenging Mahomes for MVP every year.

I know you watch all the tape year after year so you've seen Michael Deiter during the year he played Center. Did you have thoughts?

Only time I saw anything unique was watching how his length worked in his favor as a Center during that year. I liked his showing against LSU.

Yeah I think he looked a little better at Center because it allows him to not be covered up as much. He tends to be a step slow off the snap for me, which I think allows guys to get into him quicker when he's covered (playing guard).

I’m probably just much higher on tua as a pro relative to the rest of next years class options and feeling like he’s a lock #1 overall pick if he comes out than some of you.

Which I’m fine with.

I think he’s a more accurate pocket passer and downfield and placement version of Steve young

And he thinks long to short mentality wise which I think matters and like

Tua is a dream man, I highly doubt Miami will be that bad even with Rosen. Bengals will be 1-15.

Love isn't a bad consolation prize.

Herbert I'm intrigued by. I think he has shown huge potential but he needs to put it all together consistently. From does need to take another step. I really cant think of many games where he really stood out as the reason the Dawgs were winning

Fromm is Andy Dalton with better ball placement a little less arm and a little less athlete.

That’s my take.

Bengals land tbe top pick you won’t pry it off of them. They gonna run that qb card up

with all due respect, your record on QBs here hasn't been stellar, and if you favor tua over herbert next year that trend will continue.

Ouch! Becareful there are a few folks on the board that think Tua is a can't fail and once in a lifetime type of prospect.

ArmandoSalguero
Say what?
https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero

:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom