Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

Ouch! Becareful there are a few folks on the board that think Tua is a can't fail and once in a lifetime type of prospect.

I’m being held accountable for tannehills 2018 after missing basically 2 years. It is what it is I don’t care. He had a bad 2018 I won’t deny it.

Tbe tape said as much.

I'm so sick of Andrew Luck. He's a very good QB but when you hear people talk about him you'd think he's won the last 7 super bowls and passing titles. So if the Colts continue rebuilding and win a Super Bowl in say 2021 (when Lucks a 10 year veteran) are people really going to sit back and think, "I knew tanking for Luck was a great move" 10 years and 2 rebuilds after he was drafted? At that point (10 years later) who's to say they couldn't have won it with another QB playing behind the best O-LINE in the NFL?

Gotta say, I agree with this 100%. Guy's done nothing world ending but still gets drooled over like he's league mvp every year. Just don't get it.

So rosen has never had to id the mike pre snap prior to coming to Miami?

What?
Isn't that crazy, I've never seen this before, it's been done from high school on.. I can't believe he's never had to ID a ML before..

This season means nothing for you but speak for yourself. Maybe Fitzpatrick can be another Trent Dilfer on a 1 year rental. Who knows...

I did not say the season didn't matter. just who starts at QB does not matter.

There are also a ton more interesting things to discuss on the team then a Journeyman QB and a guy trying to salvage his career...

So rosen has never had to id the mike pre snap prior to coming to Miami?

What?
I wish he hadn't admitted that, although it's good he did.

Gotta say, I agree with this 100%. Guy's done nothing world ending but still gets drooled over like he's league mvp every year. Just don't get it.

I think it's one of those cases when he looks good he really looks good. No denying the guy has all of the tools to be pretty special. Who knows where he would be had he had a better surrounding cast and didn't have the injury history.

I wouldn't count out a SB appearance for him when it's all said and done.

Now, Was he worth going 0-16 for?
Not saying they're better but Wilson and Foles both came out of that class and already won Superbowls.

Ouch! Becareful there are a few folks on the board that think Tua is a can't fail and once in a lifetime type of prospect.

I don't necessarily believe he's a can't fail. I don't believe there is such a thing. Any quarterback can fail if you put 'em in the wrong situation in the NFL.

Tua still has a lot to prove. Mainly durability. But I've never seen a guy become a franchise quarterback in the NFL that wasn't an elite player and an elite talent. Tua is an elite talent. Some of his traits are truly rare.

I don't bet on many quarterbacks - there's only certain guys I'd bet on. That's all you can really do. I'd bet on Tua. But that doesn't mean I believe he's a can't fail type of prospect. I'm not sure they exist.

He does in terms of doing it against guys who can play in the NFL. Terrill Hanks and Poling aren't those guys.

However, pulling is the one thing he was already experienced at and everybody knew he could do. What it signifies to me is a change in the scheme up front. Pulling guards are a staple of a more power based scheme. As opposed to whatever the prior coach was doing.

The key is going to be how he holds up in pass protection - and against the caliber of guys he's going to see along the defensive line every week in the NFL. You can't have him out there doing this:

Yeah, I get that. But there's a difference between so far away he gets no snaps with 1s as opposed to being far away, but can he be worse than the previous starting OGs? They certainly SOUNDED like Thomas/Turner based on tweets. Which leads me to, 13 pages in this tread and very little on the actual practice.

This thread is supposed to be about the activities happening in TC and we have page after page of people bickering like little kids about how their armchair GM skills are better than the next guys.

Personally, I would prefer to hear about what is happening on the field today than to hear everyone rehash every argument we have had to suffer through for the past several months.

I don't necessarily believe he's a can't fail. I don't believe there is such a thing. Any quarterback can fail if you put 'em in the wrong situation in the NFL.

Tua still has a lot to prove. Mainly durability. But I've never seen a guy become a franchise quarterback in the NFL that wasn't an elite player and an elite talent. Tua is an elite talent. Some of his traits are truly rare.

I don't bet on many quarterbacks - there's only certain guys I'd bet on. That's all you can really do. I'd bet on Tua. But that doesn't mean I believe he's a can't fail type of prospect. I'm not sure they exist.

What do you think about some of tuas decision making post snap? Champ game was an obvious one where a couple plays he didn’t seem to verify post snap pre snap reads but in the spring game I thought there was some of that also. Maybe it was just a lack of familiarity with the skill guys. Anyways I think it might be the only real concern.

Or it may just need time and game reps.

Gun to your head and you can only pick one: Tua or Trevor?
Who's likely to be the boom? Who's likely to be the bust?

The only questions about Tua are how much of the numbers are him and how much is just the huge talent difference with Bama, but that's a small question as he showed all the skills you want. Other than that he does need to know when to not extend plays

I don’t worry about tua being propped up by what’s around him. If you just key the qb and see the level of execution and ball placement and the mentality that he plays with and the subtle movement skills that are very Steve young like I think you come away easily seeing his game as translating to the pros.

I know when I went and keyed his play last year I came away with a yep I will go 0 and 16 for that. And that was a first full year college starter mind you.

In terms of Herbert I think you have to be careful what’s between the ears. Cause the physical tools scream top 5 all day long. But we’ve seen a lot of physical tools and lacking it between the ears not work out long term in the pros. Still someone will take the chance and very high. They always do

Back
Top Bottom