Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

Ouch! Becareful there are a few folks on the board that think Tua is a can't fail and once in a lifetime type of prospect.

He will be the best prospect since Luck. I will take my odds with that over Rosen any day of the week. Rosen still trying to ID a MLB.

Ck and silver both pointed out that this OL coach is the one that moved Jesse Davis to RT initially due to athleticism then switched him to RG due to injury. Most people I've talked to like Davis more outside as well

I never thought the drop off was all that bad when he filled in for James at RT. I don't see how anyone likes him better at OG, he's just not built for that

This thread is supposed to be about the activities happening in TC and we have page after page of people bickering like little kids about how their armchair GM skills are better than the next guys.

Personally, I would prefer to hear about what is happening on the field today than to hear everyone rehash every argument we have had to suffer through for the past several months.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo TRUE!

1000% agree.

A lot can happen in a year (or even two for Lawrence). How many times have we seen a guy get a lot of hype as a junior or not enter the draft, go back to school and then end up being a mid-round pick?

I will definitely be watching Bama, Clemson, Oregon, Georgia & Utah State this year as much as they are televised.

I never thought the drop off was all that bad when he filled in for James at RT. I don't see how anyone likes him better at OG, he's just not built for that

Wondering that myself. I wasn't impressed with him at RG and I have very little faith Jordan Mills can adequately fill the position (or a 6th round pick).

Say what?

Say what?

Sometimes an OC prefers the Center ID the Mike if he wants the QB focused on other things. All they're doing is centering the protections.

It's not even difficult for the QB to do. All he has to do is count to the 2nd linebacker surveying from weakside to strong and that's the Mike.

I'm so sick of Andrew Luck. He's a very good QB but when you hear people talk about him you'd think he's won the last 7 super bowls and passing titles. So if the Colts continue rebuilding and win a Super Bowl in say 2021 (when Lucks a 10 year veteran) are people really going to sit back and think, "I knew tanking for Luck was a great move" 10 years and 2 rebuilds after he was drafted? At that point (10 years later) who's to say they couldn't have won it with another QB playing behind the best O-LINE in the NFL?

Luck is a good QB but yes probably a little over hyped. But he still isn't as over hyped as Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is one the best right now but how some consider him as the GOAT is just stupid. NFL. com a couple years ago compared him to Michael Jordan of the NFL. Rodgers doesn't even rank top 10 in game winning drives and 4th quarter come back wins even with his hail Mary passes. His career win percentage is less than Matt Ryan. He only has one super Bowl. His QB rating is always high but that's about it. Drew Brees, Big Ben, and of course Tom Brady have all accomplished more. Rodgers is Philip Rivers with a super Bowl ring. And yes Rodgers has always had weapons at his disposal.... Remember when Matt Flynn broke GB franchise record with 6 TD passes or was he just that good. Rodgers rant is over now lol.

Sometimes an OC prefers the Center ID the Mike if he wants the QB focused on other things. All they're doing is centering the protections.

It's not even difficult for the QB to do. All he has to do is count to the 2nd linebacker surveying from weakside to strong and that's the Mike.

Yeah I know it’s not hard so why even throw that out. Reads like an excuse imo from josh

I think Flores is going to put building his program over the QB. The better QB will play until he shows he's not better. I know I'm in the minority but I'm disappointed that there isn't anything setting Josh Rosen apart from Ryan Fitzpatrick. You can talk to me about experience and 1 extra month in the system blah, blah, blah. Ryan Fitzpatrick is an average at best journeyman NFL QB, a highly drafted prospect should be showing some attribute that makes coaches want to get him out there. You guys can sugar coat this all you want, it's disappointing to me.

Disappointing, but expected for me anyway. Never loved him coming out of college and next year didn't give me much reason to change my mind. Hoping for the best but not expecting much personally.

Based on some of the comments here I suppose Rosen is struggling or at least not beating out Fitz.

I agree with others on here that Tua is an elite QB talent and should be the first pick.

What a scrub. I had high hopes for the kid. You can't admit something like this all while getting smoked in training camp by a career back up.

Bust.
I was/am (much less) pulling for the kid to take over.
Maybe he misspoke and was referring to this particular training camp because it's hard to belive that through his early QB camps, high school and college career, and one season in the NFL he hasn't had to read the Mike.

Based on some of the comments here I suppose Rosen is struggling or at least not beating out Fitz.

I agree with others on here that Tua is an elite QB talent and should be the first pick.
I think most people are disappointed because the qb battle is not even close, the gap between them is wide. Yeah it's only a week in but it's looking like Rosen will be getting a ton of preseason snaps as the backup. I think we'll get a real scope of where he is at when he plays against our opponents #2 and #3 units.

1. Tua has me on anticipation. He makes the read and the ball is on its way before the receiver is done with the break. His anticipation is about as good as I have ever seen from a college player. That translates to the next level exceptionally well. In fact, that is a very common weakness even in talented guys. Tua has pretty thick frame so you'd like to think he will be durable but he seems to reel alot after getting popped.

2. I think Justin Herbert is criminally underrated on this website. I sense a group think on the guy where he's overly nitpicked. You can nitpick anyone, including Marino. I like this kid. Big, strong, breathtaking arm talent.

3. Josh Rosen is giving me a Joey Harrington feel, not to get too limited to pacific coast conference qb's. I don't think its incumbent on the team to play him. If he can't get on the field, that answers the question frankly.

Back
Top Bottom