Training Camp Updates - Day Four | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Four

The oline takes the longest to gell so while it probably still is a issue if we have a competent ol coach we might at least a medocre line.

Parker could be trade bait and with his injury issues I wouldn't loose sleep. Stills, with his age could also be in that catagoey.

That would leave you Horn, Wilson, probably Stills, Grant and Williams with Forde on th PT again.

Brice Butler is see out.

Rosen will take time if he can be saved after a bad AZ experience and in another system in year 2

There's a reason why Arizona moved on from a QB they drafted in the top 10 just last season. They knew they could do better than Rosen and they were in a great position to do so. I hope the Dolphins are smart enough to realize that by the end of this season also.
The reason why they moved on from Rosen was new HC Kliff Kingsbury. Before that they planned with Rosen for this season even making WR their priority for the 2019 draft.
Kingsbury saw in Murray a better fit and he said to Rosen: It is not you. It is me.

They initially wanted to have a QB competition between Rosen and Murray and Rosen initially agreed to it. But the awkwardness in case Rosen would have outperformed Murray in camp was to big of a factor thus they traded him.

The reason why they moved on from Rosen was new HC Kliff Kingsbury. Before that they planned with Rosen for this season even making WR their priority for the 2019 draft.
Kingsbury saw in Murray a better fit and he said to Rosen: It is not you. It is me.

They initially wanted to have a QB competition between Rosen and Murray and Rosen initially agreed to it. But the awkwardness in case Rosen would have outperformed Murray in camp was to big of a factor thus they traded him.
That sounds great but if Rosen had shown that he had star potential last season the GM would of had a hell of a time convincing ownership that they should trade a top ten pick just one year later. They saw a chance to upgrade and they pounced on it. I just hope Miami is wise enough to know if they are in the same position as Arizona was that they would do the same. That's why Rosen should get as many reps as possible and he should be starting opening day. He either has to sink or swim. This franchise is not in a position to be patient with him especially if, as I suspect, they have a high draft pick next season.

That sounds great but if Rosen had shown that he had star potential last season the GM would of had a hell of a time convincing ownership that they should trade a top ten pick just one year later. They saw a chance to upgrade and they pounced on it. I just hope Miami is wise enough to know if they are in the same position as Arizona was that they would do the same. That's why Rosen should get as many reps as possible and he should be starting opening day. He either has to sink or swim. This franchise is not in a position to be patient with him especially if, as I suspect, they have a high draft pick next season.
Why are you so obtuse? They fired the HC. The new HC made a requirement. In order to sign a contract he wants his own QB pick. If Murray would not be in the draft Kingsbury most likely would have worked with Rosen. The minute Kingsbury had the interview with the Cardinals he made it a requirement that the Cards pick Murray. It was his pick. His wish. His QB.

There was no market for Rosen. Pretty much every possible destination for Rosen picked a QB either in FA, via trade or in the draft early on. Even the Dolphins were not in desperation mode after picking up Fitz. The demand was thin. The only market there was started in the 2nd round for either a QB competition to see what Rosen got or a backup spot for future consideration. NE offered a 3rd round pick. If we didn't trade for him late in the 2nd he'd be a Patriot now and an apparent heir to Brady. Rosen and Brady are very similar QBs.

Rosen seems to be underwhelming I thought he would show out better with Training Camp.

Team and writers seem to be behind Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick showing good leadership.

Maybe we should give him more than 4 days of training camp before judgement?

It’s funny...people used to pay little attention to training camp as it was understood that it was for “training” and practicing to get in tune...now everybody is depressed if they aren’t a well oiled machine the first couple days camp opens?

Strange to me.....

There's a reason why Arizona moved on from a QB they drafted in the top 10 just last season. They knew they could do better than Rosen and they were in a great position to do so. I hope the Dolphins are smart enough to realize that by the end of this season also.

Kingsbury runs a different type of offense better suited to Murray’s skill set...whose better is yet to be determined.

It’s funny...people used to pay little attention to training camp as it was understood that it was for “training” and practicing to get in tune...now everybody is depressed if they aren’t a well oiled machine the first couple days camp opens?

No kidding. I can't imagine paying attention to this stuff. But it representative of the flawed belief that day to day obsession is superior to overview. Devotion to results is a poor strategy to begin with. Following every result leads to ping pong opinions, even though absolutely nothing has changed. That type of thinking led to the Tannehill nonsense.

These training camp tidbits are a lower category than results. If you know anything about the reporter then you know his biases, and therefore which way he will slant. So basically it is a meaningless non-result filtered through tilted presentation. And we're supposed to care. Okay.

Why are you so obtuse? They fired the HC. The new HC made a requirement. In order to sign a contract he wants his own QB pick. If Murray would not be in the draft Kingsbury most likely would have worked with Rosen. The minute Kingsbury had the interview with the Cardinals he made it a requirement that the Cards pick Murray. It was his pick. His wish. His QB.

There was no market for Rosen. Pretty much every possible destination for Rosen picked a QB either in FA, via trade or in the draft early on. Even the Dolphins were not in desperation mode after picking up Fitz. The demand was thin. The only market there was started in the 2nd round for either a QB competition to see what Rosen got or a backup spot for future consideration. NE offered a 3rd round pick. If we didn't trade for him late in the 2nd he'd be a Patriot now and an apparent heir to Brady. Rosen and Brady are very similar QBs.
Rosen looked below pedestrian last season albeit on a bad team, and now, according to many reports, has looked rough throwing against "air" so far this offseason and training camp. This Dolphin's team shouldn't be much better than Arizona was last season, so what gives you so much hope that Rosen is all of a sudden going to turn the fortunes of this franchise around? I want this organization to find a star QB that has a chance of turning this franchise into a sustained contender. Nothing Rosen has shown so far suggests that he is capable of doing so. I just hope this franchise can pivot as fast as Arizona did if they have a chance to land one of those potential "franchise" QB's. The worst thing that could happen is Rosen show flashes but not definitively show himself as a franchise QB causing the front office to pass on other QB's while investing more time and resources in building around, ultimately, another middling QB.

Rosen looked below pedestrian last season albeit on a bad team, and now, according to many reports, has looked rough throwing against "air" so far this offseason and training camp. This Dolphin's team shouldn't be much better than Arizona was last season, so what gives you so much hope that Rosen is all of a sudden going to turn the fortunes of this franchise around? I want this organization to find a star QB that has a chance of turning this franchise into a sustained contender. Nothing Rosen has shown so far suggests that he is capable of doing so. I just hope this franchise can pivot as fast as Arizona did if they have a chance to land one of those potential "franchise" QB's. The worst thing that could happen is Rosen show flashes but not definitively show himself as a franchise QB causing the front office to pass on other QB's while investing more time and resources in building around, ultimately, another middling QB.
When the heck did that happen? Have they won games this season I'm not aware of?

Kingsbury runs a different type of offense better suited to Murray’s skill set...whose better is yet to be determined.
Just out of curiosity, what would Rosen have to look like for you to not want Miami to draft a QB high in the first round next year if they are in a position to do so? How do you quantify success as far as Rosen is concerned on a team that looks like it won't be that good this season?

Back
Top Bottom