Translation | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Translation

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

and in Lakeland, FL...or else you would've read "Miami" next to my location;)

I actively try to know as little about you as possible. But I am sure you're originally from upstate NY. No one CHOOSES to be a Bills fan.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Ah, I thought you used it because it was more like a personal attack, and those are the only things you seem to post.
Nice punt. :cool:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Nice punt. :cool:

BTW, Invinsible, when i take my break at work at night, i come here and this black guy i know who comes and talks to me most of the night because i have somewhat of a cushy job where i sit at a computer all night, looks on with me on this message board and he laughs everytime he sees your pic sig. everytime!:lol: :lol:

There are plenty of people I respect and like...hell, even LOVE who hold certain opinions I don't respect and know to be in error. I am sure that some opinions I hold are in error...I don't know everythng. But as a rule, I do know which things I know and which I don't. You won't catch me arguing economics with someone, for instance, because I realize that I don't know crap about it. I know very little about certain sports---nothing about soccer, little about hockey.
But when I DO hold an opinion stubbornly, it's because I feel like I am speaking from a position of knowledge, based on solid evidence.
It's fine that you disagree with me on this issue---I don't think less of you as a person because of it. But don't expect me to shrug my shoulders and say "Okay, you might be right" because I would be lying. I DON'T believe you're right. That doesn't mean I like or respect you less, it just means I think you're wrong about this one issue.

thats all fine and dandy rik, but i think i know you farely well from this board and others what your M.O. is. You have never liked anything the front office has done and you have never offered up any suggestions as to what you would do. CHANGE IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWERE! even though some changes have been made. Who would you bring in as coach? and how do you think we would refill all those coaching spots with that new coach? its not so easy my friend. I think to go with this for this year is smart and then maybe next year if wanny fails under this new power structure, then it would be wise to make those coaching changes from top to bottom, but sticking with Wanny is not a great move, or is it a bad move. you can now go back to you regularly negative spin.

Originally posted by finfan54

thats all fine and dandy rik, but i think i know you farely well from this board and others what your M.O. is. You have never liked anything the front office has done and you have never offered up any suggestions as to what you would do. CHANGE IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWERE! even though some changes have been made. Who would you bring in as coach? and how do you think we would refill all those coaching spots with that new coach? its not so easy my friend. I think to go with this for this year is smart and then maybe next year if wanny fails under this new power structure, then it would be wise to make those coaching changes from top to bottom, but sticking with Wanny is not a great move, or is it a bad move. you can now go back to you regularly negative spin.

I agree with the fact that change is not always the answer and there really is no one out there that would make a immediate impact as coach. But don't go through all this bs of bringing in all these top flight GM's and saying you will have Ron Wolf as a consultant and then hire Dan Marino the same day as promoting Rick (who will do a great job as GM) It just looks as if we were the Cincinatti Bengals not the Dolphins.
Will this work out, I like everyone else hope so and we must wait and see but if it does not we will looked upon as a joke of a franchise.

If this moves takes away Wannstedt's play not to lose attitude then we have accomplished a lot, If not I see it being worse than last season.

FF54.....I'm glad your friend wasn't offended( that's where I thought the story was leading....my bad).....tell him that the reason i have it there is because i do the same thing he does, everytime I see it. :lol:

Oh and fix that typo in your next post before Professor Spellcheck sees it.....just covering your 6...;)

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

"Covering your 6"... wow. That's fighter pilot lingo. Did you used to be a fighterpilot, inFINS?:tongue:
:biggrin:.....I thought about you as I wrote it.....

thats all fine and dandy rik, but i think i know you farely well from this board and others what your M.O. is.

You may think you do, but you don't. You never know anyone from chatting with them on a message board. You only know certain thoughts they choose to share.

You have never liked anything the front office has done and you have never offered up any suggestions as to what you would do.

No, that would be incorrect. I've offered up suggestions OVER AND OVER. Check out ANY thread that says "Who would you bring in as head coach" or "Who would you hire as GM" or "Who would you bring in as QB?" I've offered up my thoughts many many times and the fact you would say I didn't either means you're lying to try to flame me or you just haven't been paying attention, so you're wrong when you say you "know" me in any sense of the word.
Also, since I've only posted on this board for two seasons, you really aren't qualified to say whether I've "never" liked anything the front office has done. On the contrary, I've liked a lot of things the front office has done...but not since the end of 2002. Since the end of the 2002 season, the front office has made one monumental blunder after another, most involving inaction.

CHANGE IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWERE! even though some changes have been made. Who would you bring in as coach?

Already answered it in over half a dozen threads: Tom Coughlin was my first choice among NFL-experienced coaches, Bob Stoops or Nick Saban from the college ranks---and I would have offered them whatever amount of money it took to get them here if I decided they were the better choice.

and how do you think we would refill all those coaching spots with that new coach?

You mean the coordinators? That's up to the new coach and new GM to decide...hopefully they would bring in young, talented, hungry assistants. That's why you hire a good HC and experienced GM---they know who to bring in.

its not so easy my friend.

Nothing worth doing is easy.

Since the end of the 2002 season, the front office has made one monumental blunder after another, most involving inaction.

monumental blunders might be a bit of an overstatement, the organization is not crummy, the team is not awful nor has it fallen apart... let's not overreact

Back
Top Bottom