Translation | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Translation

Originally posted by Snickersbps
the only comment out of my first post that could even resemble a personally attack, would be the last sentence, which was probably a little over the top, for which I will apoligize. But dont be telling me that the rest is an attack. All I did was address your inability to accept me as an equal!!!

Well, then, we have no quarrel, since you apologized for the one comment and I have explained to you that you're incorrect in your assessment of how I accept you.

Believe it or not Rick(is it Rik or Rick?) even though we sit so far apart from each other on this issue...I still respect your opinion in other topics. Its just hard for me to understand how someone can always look at something from a "glass half empty" POV. I may not understand it, but I dont disrespect it!

I don't always look at something from the "glass half empty." I look at the decisions made by this owner and this front office through the lense of their history. If they made a decisive move, something that changed things substantially, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Had they hired ANY of the GMs they'd been interviewing, I would reserve judgment and keep up hope.
But they DIDN'T. They didn't change ANYTHING except adding window dressing.
If the team is making no effort to change, I don't see why I should be optimistic about them.

And that's the bottomline where you are wrong Rick....If you can't see or ACCEPT the change that's fine...have fun...but, to say that there hasn't been change is incredibly stupid.....:www:

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Don't be silly, of course I see you as an equal. Whether or not you're right about a football issue has NOTHING to do with whether or not you're my equal.
And if what you say were true of most people here, they would be saying "Gosh, Rick was right when he said right after the Houston loss that it would cost us dearly." Instead, people like Ollie and InFinsIble call me "negative."
Realists aren't welcome among people who aren't interested in reality.
As for my argument, it does indeed have basis in fact: it's based on the recent history of this team under the current coach and ownership.

you're right about the realists thing, most people dont want to see things that way. I for one can see things from many different sides at once, which may be how I can accept so many different people's opinions.

I wasnt here for the first few weeks, so I dont know what went on have that horrid Texans game.

Recent history would be a good basis for argument if and only if no changes were made. Already three major changes have been made. These of course are all tied together but Dan, Dave, and Rick's new positions are changes. I chose to see them as a good change, while youre opinion is to see it as a PR change. We cant argue that at all. Opinions are given, facts are debated. We'll see in the next few months just how these changes will effect this franchise, until then I say we call it a truce(sp). We will reconvene after we know whether these changes we're positive or negative, okay?

okay okay...you respect me as a person, but you dont respect my opinion? How can you possibly respect someone when you dont repect how they're opinions?

There are plenty of people I respect and like...hell, even LOVE who hold certain opinions I don't respect and know to be in error. I am sure that some opinions I hold are in error...I don't know everythng. But as a rule, I do know which things I know and which I don't. You won't catch me arguing economics with someone, for instance, because I realize that I don't know crap about it. I know very little about certain sports---nothing about soccer, little about hockey.
But when I DO hold an opinion stubbornly, it's because I feel like I am speaking from a position of knowledge, based on solid evidence.
It's fine that you disagree with me on this issue---I don't think less of you as a person because of it. But don't expect me to shrug my shoulders and say "Okay, you might be right" because I would be lying. I DON'T believe you're right. That doesn't mean I like or respect you less, it just means I think you're wrong about this one issue.

I don't always look at something from the "glass half empty." I look at the decisions made by this owner and this front office through the lense of their history. If they made a decisive move, something that changed things substantially, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Had they hired ANY of the GMs they'd been interviewing, I would reserve judgment and keep up hope.
But they DIDN'T. They didn't change ANYTHING except adding window dressing.
If the team is making no effort to change, I don't see why I should be optimistic about them.

we will have a quarel until you can agree that opinions cant be wrong based on another persons opinion.

I dont see it as window dressing, I see it as checks and balances(as someone stated before). we sill see who was incorrect after the future becomes the past, until then, Im going to work.

There are plenty of people I respect and like...hell, even LOVE who hold certain opinions I don't respect and know to be in error. I am sure that some opinions I hold are in error...I don't know everythng. But as a rule, I do know which things I know and which I don't. You won't catch me arguing economics with someone, for instance, because I realize that I don't know crap about it. I know very little about certain sports---nothing about soccer, little about hockey.
But when I DO hold an opinion stubbornly, it's because I feel like I am speaking from a position of knowledge, based on solid evidence.
It's fine that you disagree with me on this issue---I don't think less of you as a person because of it. But don't expect me to shrug my shoulders and say "Okay, you might be right" because I would be lying. I DON'T believe you're right. That doesn't mean I like or respect you less, it just means I think you're wrong about this one issue.

actually that made sense...I now understand a little more about the man named rick. Although you never answered whether it was rick or rik...

I can go with that

Originally posted by inFINSible
And that's the bottomline where you are wrong Rick....If you can't see or ACCEPT the change that's fine...have fun...but, to say that there hasn't been change is incredibly stupid.

No, you're the one who is incorrect. We still have the same head coach. We still have the same personnel man. And now we have Dan Marino in an executive position "created for him"doing a job no one can adequately describe. That is not change.

actually that made sense...I now understand a little more about the man named rick. Although you never answered whether it was rick or rik...

Well, my screen name IS "Rick." so...
I used to use RikWriter because it was my AOL screen name a loooong time ago...I couldn't get "RickWriter" so I used "RikWriter."

I dont see it as window dressing, I see it as checks and balances(as someone stated before). we sill see who was incorrect after the future becomes the past, until then, Im going to work.

Well, the only problem I have in that case is, that if Dan's job is for real and not just window-dressing I don't think he's qualified for it.

No, you're the one who is incorrect. We still have the same head coach. We still have the same personnel man. And now we have Dan Marino in an executive position "created for him"doing a job no one can adequately describe. That is not change.
I used the word "stupid" on purpose because had I used the word "ignorant" that would imply that the diffrence in the power structure hasn't been explained to you a hundred times already.:www:

Ah, thanks for adding yet one more personal attack to your repetoire. Too bad you can't add any substantive arguments to it.
That's not a personal attack. It's an opinion(Infinsible's) supported by facts(your relentless and redundant posts).

Originally posted by inFINSible
I used the word "stupid" on purpose because had I used the word "ignorant" that would imply that the diffrence in the power structure hasn't been explained to you a hundred times already.:www:

Ah, I thought you used it because it was more like a personal attack, and those are the only things you seem to post.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
That's not a personal attack.

When I find myself wanting the opinion of a Bills troll, I will smash my head against a wall until that feeling passes.

When I find myself wanting the opinion of a Bills troll, I will smash my head against a wall until that feeling passes.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom