Trey confirmed it | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trey confirmed it

kastofsna120 said:
lol, marino is nothing in the clutch compared to brady. are you kidding me? he probably threw more picks on 3rd down than any QB in the history of the game

the 3 interceptions stat is important because despite the great defense the patriots have, brady's bad performances still put a notch in the loss column. the ravens' defense of a few years ago and the bucs from '02 would win games despite their QB's poor performances, so how great is the patriots defense really? and how many times has the pats defense allowed a late game TD drive, only to have brady counter it with his own?

brady > marino

I can flip this argument on you so fast, it's not even funny. Here goes:

Despite the utter and total lack of Defense that Marino had, Marino still put a notch in the WIN column.

And your comment about Brady scoring a late TD to win a game is FUNNY!!!!
Marino was FAMOUS for his comeback wins........late TDs to win a game...
Marino & Elway are the COME-BACK WIN KINGS!!!!!! Case closed.... :lol:

And again, your argument can be used to describe Marino perfectly.......
but you ONLY use it to defend Brady...........WHY????
No love for Marino? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Also, you ignored (and implicitly agreed to) all my other arguments in my prior post to you.... :lol:

You said it yourself, and I quote:
Brady's had a great defense, blah blah. of course he has. you NEED a great defense to win a super bowl.

That's the one point you've made which I agree with.... :lol:
So don't try to come back with the "he's won in the playoffs & won SBs" agrument :sleep: , because if Danny had the GREAT DEFENSE THAT BRADY HAS (AS YOU ADMIT), Danny wins all those games AND MORE.....

:0wned:

Mile High Fin said:
"get caught up in the statistics"

Here's why --- Statistics show what you've done--individually. Super Bowls show what your TEAM has done (yes, with the QB's help, but nonetheless, a TEAM accomplishment). Why do you think they bother to keep NFL records??? BECAUSE IT'S A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT. When 1 QB dominates the statistics so thoroughly, year in and year out, it shows he's awesome.

"If Marino had a better team around him and a great running game, he probably does not have as great of a career statistically"

But, if that were the case, he would've also had MULTIPLE Super Bowls as well....
Put Dan Marino on the San Francisco team of the 1980s, with a top 5 Defense, awesome running game (R. Craig, etc), Jerry Rice & Co. to throw to, and GUARANTEED Marino would've had 6 Super Bowls. Are you kidding me???

It's funny how people fail to realize that Dan Marino was able to consistently put up MIND-BOGGLING STATISTICS EVERY YEAR, even though everyone knew the Fins were one-dimensional, and game-planned to stop him at every cost.
Despite that, he STILL PUT UP THOSE NUMBERS. WOW!!!!
Stop making excuses for the inferior QBs (with good teams helping them win SBs), and own up to how great Marino was....

Guranteed they would've won 6 super bowls? If Marino is on the 9ers who knows what they would've done. Part of the reason Marino put up huge statistics is because he lacked a good running game and a good defense, if Miami had a decent running game he does not put up the same numbers. I never said Marino was not great, but he's just not the best ever. Emmitt Smith has the most rushing yds all time and SB rings and I don't think he's the best ever, I don't even think he was the best at his position while he played. Bruce Smith I believe has the most sacks ever so in your opinion he is the best defensive end ever? Calling Elway, Young, Montana, and Brady inferior Qb's is laughable, keep the aqua colored glasses on, and when Manning breaks Marino's records with a SB title will you own up to Manning being considered better? Marino was great and a top 5 QB but he's not the best ever.

AquaInferno said:
Decent list...
Terry Bradshaw! See I wouldn't think of him cause I'm only 20 lol

I would say Bradshaw is one of the most underrated of all the top QB's. He did something that NO other QB has ever done. He's won back to back superbowls TWICE. And he still doesn't get mentioned that often.

i dont see any team being able to beat the colts this year. this could change as the season progresses but at this stage i would have to say they are the favorites. i currently have them 4 points better than the second best team

kastofsna120 said:
montana didn't have craig or rice the first year he won the super bowl. they didn't have a good running game and only 1 solid receiver, and yet they still managed to win 7 games by a touchdown or less, including the championsip game and super bowl. CLUTCH

Your argument only addresses Montana's first SB win (essentially saying Montana carried his team to the SB that year)

You do realize Marino also carried his team to a SB, and lost to the MORE COMPLETE TEAM - the SF 49ers (with top defense, great running, and the greatest WR to every play).

So both Montana and Marino carried their team ONCE to the SB.
Yes, Montana won his vs. Cincinnati :lol: Montana was 14-22 for 157 yards. Wow, how "clutch" is that??? :lol: A good game, but not legendary.....it was a total team win.....even in his first SB win.

Whereas Marino lost his vs. the legendary 49ers (total team).

Yet again, you use arguments to bolster Montana/Brady, etc, which could also be used to bolster Marino, but no love???? :shakeno: :shakeno:

djfresh47 said:
Guranteed they would've won 6 super bowls? If Marino is on the 9ers who knows what they would've done. Part of the reason Marino put up huge statistics is because he lacked a good running game and a good defense, if Miami had a decent running game he does not put up the same numbers. I never said Marino was not great, but he's just not the best ever. Emmitt Smith has the most rushing yds all time and SB rings and I don't think he's the best ever, I don't even think he was the best at his position while he played. Bruce Smith I believe has the most sacks ever so in your opinion he is the best defensive end ever? Calling Elway, Young, Montana, and Brady inferior Qb's is laughable, keep the aqua colored glasses on, and when Manning breaks Marino's records with a SB title will you own up to Manning being considered better? Marino was great and a top 5 QB but he's not the best ever.

I never said he was best ever........look back and see for yourself.
I've only said he is GREAT......definitely TOP 5.......probably TOP 3.

You mis-interpreted a statement I made. Calling those other QBs "inferior" was not meant to say they are inferior to the "average" NFL QB.......only "inferior" to Marino. Which is NOT laughable.
Yes, some may argue Montana is greatest, some may say Elway, some may say Unitas, and some may say (based on records) Marino.

If I'm one of the ones who thinks Marino is greatest, then the others WOULD BE inferior to him (by definition). So----not laughable at all.

Again, I don't necessarily believe Marino is #1, but I think the case can be made for it, however. And he's definitely top 5, probably top 3.

And to answer your question, yes, if Manning wins a SB, AND has the stats/longevity of Marino's, I would not hesitate to say he's better. However, the SB win might be DUE TO A MORE COMPLETE TEAM (GOOD DEFENSE, GOOD RB, Marvin Harrison, better pass-coverage rules, etc).
But overall, I'd still say he'd be best.....but Marino is top 3.

:)

kastofsna120 said:
arguing with fin homers is always fun

So is arguing with anti-homers (otherwise known as "haters").

Again, why no love for Marino.
You virtually go out of your way to bash him & his accomplishments.
You, yourself, said that a QB must have a GREAT defense to win the SB (ie, go deep into playoffs).
Yet, you give Marino NO BREAK on this very point----YOU MADE.
No credit, none, nada, zip...... :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

That's why I call you a "hater", no just an "objective" fan.

Mile High Fin said:
So is arguing with anti-homers (otherwise known as "haters").

Again, why no love for Marino.
You, yourself, said that a QB must have a GREAT defense to win the SB (ie, go deep into playoffs).
Yet, you give Marino NO BREAK on this very point----YOU MADE.
No credit, none, nada, zip...... :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

That's why I call you a "hater", no just an "objective" fan.
is calling marino a top 5 QB really bashing him? think about it. and i remember making some comment that we haven't had a 1000 yard receiver since marino retired for a reason. where the hell is the logic in me "hating" on the franchise's best QB ever? he's just overrated, as any fan of any OTHER team would tell you, or any member of the media outside of south florida area. it's that whole "too close to the forest" thing

kastofsna120 said:
and i've changed my mind, marino is 6th best. favre is better than him, too

Ok. I usually decide on who is better by saying I have an expansion team my first pick can be any QB all time. So you going with Farve who has blown so many big games for the Packers the last 4 years its laughable. Did you see that playoff game in Philly last year? He handed them the game.

Marino had a stronger arm was more accurate and has far superior field vision. Dont give me that Marino couldnt run BS either. He didnt have to bc he had some of the best footwork and the quickest release ever seen.

silverloop13 said:
Ok. I usually decide on who is better by saying I have an expansion team my first pick can be any QB all time. So you going with Farve who has blown so many big games for the Packers the last 4 years its laughable. Did you see that playoff game in Philly last year? He handed them the game.

Marino had a stronger arm was more accurate and has far superior field vision. Dont give me that Marino couldnt run BS either. He didnt have to bc he had some of the best footwork and the quickest release ever seen.
interesting avatar

kastofsna120 said:
well you're right about me not being a homer, but i certainly don't try to compensate for it in anyway. i'm just not as passionate about the dolphins as other people here (more of a canes fan really--now THAT i show complete homerism towards)
Seriously then....go to a Canes board. We wont miss you.

Back
Top Bottom