True measurement of Chris Grier. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True measurement of Chris Grier.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Yes, he's made some mistakes, but I am guessing Ross and his inner circle aren't as clueless as some think they are. Grier is a decent GM and he has improved these last few years. There is a lot that goes into winning and GMs have different styles. If coaches want input and a say on the menu, Grier will use their input and shop for the groceries.
I think you've greatly underestimated Ross and his pals here. Of course they are clueless. But Boss Ross is real sweet at signing big ol' checks, he should stay firmly in that lane.

70d843d0-3a95-4556-bd09-aa38ad7903ff_text.gif

Tough to be considered a top GM in the NFL when your franchise has not won a playoff game in 2 decades. Particularly when you’ve been part of said franchise since 2000 and the GM since 2016. I think he has made good moves the past few years, but it doesn’t mean much if we don’t win.
Yawn

When I look at Grier (and I am an unabashed fan of what he's been doing), what I see is a constant ability to get more out of trades than he should, and to sign players for less than he should be able to do.

Other than the short-term contracts that we handed out when we were a horrible squad, he just keeps getting players for less than the market price: David Long, DeShon Elliot, Connor Williams, Eric Saubert, Malik Reed... all steals. Even the higher ticket signings of Armstead, Ramsey, and Ogbah came in at less than the expected prices floated by the experts.

Then he gets productive vets like Mostert, Wilson, Riley, Ingram, Berrios, Feeney... etc etc... to come in on very reasonable, low dollar amounts.

The trades? Tunsil. Ramsey, Chubb, Hill... all for terms that favoured us.

Those who bash Grier always focus on very small-minded ideas... this or that guy has been a bust, they childishly whine-- never mentioning that EVERY team has their share of busts. But but but... IGGY sucks they cry. Yeah... a lot of well drafted guys don't make it... but Tua looks pretty good, and Phillips... So does Robert Hunt. And this safety we got named Holland. Oh... and Wilkins has proven to be one of the best in the league... and Van Ginkle has been fun from the fifth... oh, and Needham and Kohou have been STEALS from the UDFA class.

Since Grier has been in actual charge of this thing... we've become very good, very fast.

...and that, we have not won a playoff game in 20 years crap. Grier took over just before the draft in 2016. Just figure that he's had control from 2017 on...

Here's to hoping Mike improves on his play calling and clock management

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Yes, he's made some mistakes, but I am guessing Ross and his inner circle aren't as clueless as some think they are. Grier is a decent GM and he has improved these last few years. There is a lot that goes into winning and GMs have different styles. If coaches want input and a say on the menu, Grier will use their input and shop for the groceries.
Grier is an ass kisser behind the scenes according to Joe Rose. Joe sees him before every game groveling to the owner and kissing his ass.

When I look at Grier (and I am an unabashed fan of what he's been doing), what I see is a constant ability to get more out of trades than he should, and to sign players for less than he should be able to do.

Other than the short-term contracts that we handed out when we were a horrible squad, he just keeps getting players for less than the market price: David Long, DeShon Elliot, Connor Williams, Eric Saubert, Malik Reed... all steals. Even the higher ticket signings of Armstead, Ramsey, and Ogbah came in at less than the expected prices floated by the experts.

Then he gets productive vets like Mostert, Wilson, Riley, Ingram, Berrios, Feeney... etc etc... to come in on very reasonable, low dollar amounts.

The trades? Tunsil. Ramsey, Chubb, Hill... all for terms that favoured us.

Those who bash Grier always focus on very small-minded ideas... this or that guy has been a bust, they childishly whine-- never mentioning that EVERY team has their share of busts. But but but... IGGY sucks they cry. Yeah... a lot of well drafted guys don't make it... but Tua looks pretty good, and Phillips... So does Robert Hunt. And this safety we got named Holland. Oh... and Wilkins has proven to be one of the best in the league... and Van Ginkle has been fun from the fifth... oh, and Needham and Kohou have been STEALS from the UDFA class.

Since Grier has been in actual charge of this thing... we've become very good, very fast.

...and that, we have not won a playoff game in 20 years crap. Grier took over just before the draft in 2016. Just figure that he's had control from 2017 on...
That’s fair but you are the poster who keeps warning us that we will be in cap trouble. So that would be on Grier if what you posted on the past was accurate. Hopefully it’s not.

That’s fair but you are the poster who keeps warning us that we will be in cap trouble. So that would be on Grier if what you posted on the past was accurate. Hopefully it’s not.
I don't love everything he does... I'm not that one dimensional.

I do have a few issues with what he has done, but in total, he's done MUCH more positive than negative.

My negatives from Grier...
1) Bowing to X's greed. I would have traded him in a heartbeat.
2) Doing one too many restructures.

The lines are drawn once again and nobody seems to want to move from their stand....lol......I think both sides take things out of context and everybody’s always trying to make their case better

He hasn't been a GM for 2 decades, regardless if he was a scout or an assistant, he wasn't the guy responsible until becoming the GM.

I get it, we all get it, we haven't won sh1t in forever, and all this losing and non playoff wins sucks!

But since he took over the team as GM, he has been to the playoffs twice and had 4 winning seasons, all while being a part of a major roster recontruction/rebuild.

This team currently constructed right now is the team to look at, not 2 decades ago. This team hasn't won a championship for 5 decades. But the history doesn't matter in league year '23.

This team looks great on paper, has great coaching, and has superstars praying for a month to come here!

The culture has changed, but it takes time to build a winner, and it appears that the future of this team is to win.

I'm excited for league year '23 and beyond.

Us die hard Fin fans deserve championship and sustained success.

But he continues to neglect the OLine. He likes to wheel and deal and he as made some decent moves, but the indifference he shows to one of the mportant aspect of the offense is unfathomable. He is not the GM people think he is. I think people will be singing a different tune when Tua is laid up in a hospital bed because he is crippled by the people protecting him.

But he continues to neglect the OLine. He likes to wheel and deal and he as made some decent moves, but the indifference he shows to one of the mportant aspect of the offense is unfathomable. He is not the GM people think he is. I think people will be singing a different tune when Tua is laid up in a hospital bed because he is crippled by the people protecting him.
He's obtained three excellent linemen in Hunt, Williams, and Armstead... and brought in Christian and Feeney to take runs at Jackson and Eichenberg. How in God's name do you call this 'indifference' or 'neglect'?

Back
Top Bottom