True or False: Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True or False: Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test?

Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test?

• True

Votes: 143 76.5%
  • False

Votes: 44 23.5%

• Total voters

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get people's thoughts on here. Do you guys feel that Tannehill has improved each week? I know statistically maybe not, but I am talking to those who watched each game and what they SEE. You know, passing the eye test so to speak.

To me there is no doubt about it. He still makes rookie mistakes, but thats exactly what he is. What stands out to me most is his ability to come back after **** hits the fan. The guy put us in position to win the game 2 times after that horrific pick 6. I just hope he keeps getting better.:D

P.S. After about week 5 or 6, is when I think we will truly see what this guy is really made of once teams have game tape on him and he needs to start making adjustments in his habits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's progressing well. And like you said, he put us in the position to win TWICE after that pick 6. He'll keep getting better, but I won't be by too much until we get some receivers that can be playmakers...

He also threw a perfect strike in the 4th qtr to a wide open Anderson who dropped the ball which would have been the deciding TD against the Jets. Confidence, poise, maturity, athleticism, pocket presence and awareness are all good. The speed of the game has not completely slowed for him yet but its coming. I like him and although it is to soon to tell, he is showing flashes that he will be a very good QB.

He has to learn to recognize when to take inc and simply throw the ball away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

He also threw a perfect strike in the 4th qtr to a wide open Anderson who dropped the ball which would have been the deciding TD against the Jets. Confidence, poise, maturity, athleticism, pocket presence and awareness. The speed of the game has not completely slowed for him yet but its coming. I like him and although it is to soon to tell, he is showing flashes that he will be a very good QB.

Who's Anderson another Ireland acorn

I say false. It's clear that his best game was against the Raiders. Some may argue that he played great against the Jets but there is no way he looked better than the previous game.

I am happy with his progression.

I say false. It's clear that his best game was against the Raiders. Some may argue that he played great against the Jets but there is no way he looked better than the previous game.
I like what I've seen every game, but you are correct.

He seems pretty intelligent so far. I don't think i have seen him lock onto receivers that much

I like what I've seen every game, but you are correct.
Agree with this too, progression is not going to be a steady climb, you will have up and down games. Even look at any of the great QBs, they still have good and bad games. A lot of it is also dependent on the opposition and how our O performs, one of the great things to come out of the first few games is what a great running game we have which has really helped Tannehill, next get him a few people to throw to.

Per the eye test, yes, he has gotten better.

Made a very dumb mistake with the pick six, though. Pero he has gotten better since week one.

He corrected those interceptions that everyone told me were flukes didn't he? Crazy what happens when you don't lock on to your receivers.

It is the Jets defense, they are no joke, keep in mind Reggie went out in the second 1/4, this is just speculation on my part but if Reggie was there the whole game I think RT would have looked significantly better.
He lost the best player in this offense who already 69 yards rushing, he goes down out goes play action

I would like to see a better completion percentage, alhtough I know his receivers are a problem

He's taking baby steps. He has at least 13 more games this year, and I think its easier to break the season up into quarters than into weeks.

Everybody loves Dalton and some actually use him as an example of what T17 should be or become. Hell I hope he's a lot better considering after the film was out on him, Dalton finished last season losing 6 of his last 9 beating only 1 winning team TN, who based on a last minute game 16 play was barely that and this season beating 2 1-2 teams and losing badly to the Ravens. And that's with Green and Gresham!

I'd like to see Tannehill start beating some winning teams this season but so far his progress, considering who he has to work with has been more than acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom