True or False: Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True or False: Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test?

Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test?

• True

Votes: 143 76.5%
  • False

Votes: 44 23.5%

• Total voters
Of course he's getting better. Anyone that doesn't think so it's just bias. I'm not saying he should be going to the probowl but with the players he has to throw to, I think he's doing good. Now he does have a good running game to help him out but it's hard to make big plays in the air when you have no playmakers at WR or TE. Bess will move the chains and Hartline will make some nice catches but nobody ever takes it to the house and he has no TE that works the seam so all things consider, yes, he has made progress.

Ozzy rules!!

Rookies will make rookie mistakes, and that's part of their learning process. But what I like is his poise. He's not a deer in headlights, and he's thinking on his feet.

Eventually the game will start to slow down for him, and he'll make more accurate reads, and his completion% will improve.

I think week 1 to week 2 there was improvement...week 3 I thought he regressed a little bit.

It's going to be up and down with the rookie all season. It's only disappointing due to the fact the the defense is playing well enough to win. I'd like to see a better rating from the kid, considering how well we run the ball. He led us to a tie, i would prefer he led the game winning touchdown. It's a process, I suppose.

I say false. It's clear that his best game was against the Raiders. Some may argue that he played great against the Jets but there is no way he looked better than the previous game.

You have to put the qaulity of the defense he was playing into prospective...

You have to put the qaulity of the defense he was playing into prospective...
That doesn't change the fact that he was inaccurate in parts of the game. He wasn't helped by the drops (3 by Armstrong, 1 by Hartline) but he was late on some throws, had a few overthrows and gave up the pick six. He wasn't as sharp in the Jets game as he was in the Oakland game...and he really didn't get it going in the Oakland game until Hartline started to show him a reliable target that can at least catch the ball when thrown to.

And that last part should be proof enough for the other thread that has a poll asking if not having any receivers for Tannehill will stunt his growth. In the Oakland game Tannehill showed confidence throwing the ball to his receivers cause they were winning on the outside, he got in a groove, hit Hartline and Bess on some great throws...against the Jets he looked like a guy that didn't have the confidence in his WRs to win those battles on the outside.

I have been surprised so far which is what counts. The warts I am sure will appear soon enough. Dan Marinio and I am sure Tom Brady fans have pointed out their. Arrow is up for now which is what counts.

NO.

not saying he wont, but at this time, absolutely not.

in fact, this locking on to his primary is making me big time nervous. i have watched that jet game twice now and he just isnt looking anywhere else and is missing a LOT of big time plays on the field. he has not improved there one bit.

he just hasnt gotten to where his eyes are helping him. from staring down his targets to not being able to look of safetys and moving nickel and dime defenders around with his eyes is hindering his game BIG TIME right now.

still hanging on to the ball a bit to long, but, thats rookie 101 stuff and the least of my worries, for now anyways.

he is a guy with a handful of college games and was politically handed the finz job. and its all showing BIG TIME right now.

and AGAIN, i will say, this is all RIGHT NOW! it doesnt mean it will be a month from now. i think if the team is continuing to play as hard as it has been and tanny hasnt improved on these weeknesses, a month from now he may be watching matt moore [as he should have been for a year or two anyways].

i havnt seen the dolphins running game this potent and this deep since the early 70's. would be nice to see a consistant passing game with it. brian hartline is finally looking like the real deal. he has made some huge plays, we just have to have our qb get the ball out a bit quicker to him. tanny has missed 3 ABSOLUTE TD'S to hartline so far. has over thrown him on big yardage plays [another tanny weekness] a half dozen times. think about hartline AND tannys stats had he connected on just half of those!!

not DOWN on tanny at all. he isnt doing anything that i thought he wouldnt so far considering his short college time and being rushed into the starting gig. just hope they dont break his confidence leaving him out there to long.

I don't even think people know what "rookie" mistakes are, so I find that phrase abused.

There are veterans in this league who still stare at receivers, struggle with accuracy, and toss pick 6's .....

Don't understand poll results at all, assuming I'm reading the question right. How anyone can say this week was an improvement on last is beyond me.

It's to be expected I guess with a Rookie, to be up and down, but I'm having difficulty making a firm decision on whether I'm should buy Tanny stock or not. Before the draft I wanted us to have no part of him. After we picked him I guess I bowed to people who are paid to have a better eye for talent and began to hope. Preseason although not spectacular gave me reason to be hopeful. Game 1 was back down to my pre draft thoughts with a big bump. Game 2 though, back up reason to be hopeful. Game 3 back down again.

I'm sure it's going to be like this all season long, but I think whatever happens he will still be the future of the franchise next year.

Although it's still early in the season, I voted false only because in this last game vs Jets he looked more like he was being micro-managed than anything. To me, he actually looked just as bad if not worse in week 3 than week 1 (not considering the freakish INTs).

It just seems like the coaches were keeping him tied up by asking him to simply not lose the game instead of playing to his strengths. His best game was obviously our only win, but if you asked me it's false as he regressed from his great week 2 performance.

I see promise and potential. What he now needs to do is continue to grow, as opposed to stay still in his development wise so that his career can be a long one.

I might be alone on this, but I have watched the pick-6 so many times and when a QB rolls out and is getting pressure, the WR needs to come back to the QB because a throw on the run will have less velocity than a set throw. Fasano drifted back 4 or 5 yds on that lpay and the safety cut in front of him. Im definitely not saying it is one person's fault, but I think Bess and Hartline at the worst have that pass broken up or they catch it.

Back
Top Bottom